Tripp, SOUTH DAKOTA

Most Recent Tripp Camping Reviews
I thought I grew up in a small town...

The town is so small, the gas pumps still remind me of a rotary phone. Not much to write home about for this one-nighter. (Notice there's no pics) Felt a bit awkward pitching a tent here, although there were others doing the same and even car camping, and there were signs allowing it. I wouldn't recommend settling in at this one, let alone starting a fire. It's nice, though. Access to a bathroom with running water was nice, but I wouldn't drink from the sink, and the door wouldn't latch. Theres a small rope bridge over a portion of pond, and a covered area with tables, although I assume the latter is more for large get-togethers. Theres a small shop down the road that opens at a decent time and has coffee, as well as the afore-mentioned gas station. (gas was about the only thing they sold) Not too far off the beaten path, and Sioux Falls is a very short jaunt down the road.

Easy Park

This park had a beautiful layout we arrived late Host showed us to our spot Far enough off freeway no highway noise! Was beautiful surprise to see a farm surrounding us in the morning

Great little spot

This was a perfect spot about 10 miles south of I-90. There are only two back in rv sites about 35’ long, they each have 30amp. There’s a water spout but it’s a little far from the spots…a 50’ hose might work to fill up. A diner is within walking distance, it’s super quaint with delicious ice cream and fries! This is a great location for an overnight spot.

Great Place

Awesome place to stay. I was only there one night to break up my trip out west but I would definitely stop again. Davis is a little town and everyone there was so welcoming. I had dinner and a few beers in town at the local bar and then coffee and donuts the next morning in the general store. Sat and talked with the locals the entire time and couldn’t have felt more welcomed. Perfect place to meet some great people and make the stay very personal. Cinda and Popeye, the hosts, were just as nice and inviting. Good to know this many nice people are still out there! 10/10 recommend!!

Nice clean campsites

Spent a weekend here. The campsites are nice and clean, and the bathrooms are the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen at a campground! The campground was quiet and peaceful. Great showers and views of the river. Just a 5 minute driving to the damn and a swimming area… In front of the campsites is the river (this is riverfront camping, and behind is a little wooded area that helps you feel a little more secluded. Will be returning.

Nice clean campsites

Lake Francis Case and North Point Recreation Area

We found this place to be quiet and peaceful. It has been dealing this year with high water and water damage to campsites and trails but the facilities are nice. The staff was helpful and courteous and we enjoyed our stay (4 days and 3 nights). We pleasure boated but fishing is a big deal here and the area is not commercialized. The water was mostly calm and warm. The boat docks were in good shape and easy to access. There are bike/walking trails but not very long. Pickstown SD is right next door and offers limited commercial establishments because it is 225 population. Nice beaches here but some were impacted by high water. The Fort Randall Hotel and Casino is close by for some food and entertainment.

Great place on Lake Yankton

This is actually on Lake Yankton not Lewis and Clark Lake but it is a nice peaceful place with nice grass, benches and parks, the lake has good fishing for all species would recommend going has nice bathrooms as well as good bike trails

Really nice area by water

Nice area with park for children with good water accessible

Great area

Really fun campground with parks for kids and nice green grass with tons of sports offerd