Las Vegas , NEVADA

Camping Nevada Las Vegas

Most Recent Las Vegas Camping Reviews
Great campground plus big horn sheep

We always try stay at this campground on our way from Ca. To Utah. You camp amongst the boulders and the views of the valley are outstanding. The sites and restrooms are always clean. The hook up sites are sometimes hard to find but we have never had a problem scoring a dry site. Pretty level, great night skies,and visiting big horn sheep at lunchtime and dinner at campsite #1.

Nice mud beach with clear warm waters

Nice areas to find your own site if you have 4 x 4. Beautiful area and I recommend it.

meh. there are better spots at Lake Mead.

We saw some awesome sunsets here, but I wouldn't say this spot had anything unique about it.  The road is rough, you definitely cannot camp here in the rain.  It's a wash…so that would get dangerous.  I liked that there were some larger bushes than government wash because it broke up the terrain a little.   As other reviews have mentioned, the water isn't really accessible from this location.  There were no other people camping here when we were here, so the privacy was actually really nice.  You could literally walk around naked and it didn't matter.  :)

Perfect Spot

This campground is pretty magical with forest ponies wandering in the woods.  At night the stars are incredible and I usually see multiple shooting stars.  I camped here one night during a meteor shower and it was awesome.

The bathrooms are clean and have flush toilets with sinks.  There are water faucets throughout the grounds and water tastes really good.

I've seen horses, donkeys, deer and squirrels here.  The tent sites are nice and clean and lots of dumpsters for garbage.  The camp host is also very nice.

Its ok.

There are bathrooms with toilets and sinks.  The sites are a little close together but the views on the outside sites facing the water are incredible.  Spectacular views of the stream.  The campground host is also very nice.  There are trails at one of the campground that are fun to walk.

I saw a coyote in the campground one morning but he ran away when I stood up.  The last time I camped here, someone had a dog that they didn't leash and he kept running into my campground so that was annoying because my dog is afraid of other dogs and we ended up not staying the night because of that.

Wifi and Showers

We camp here when we rent kayaks to go on the river.  They have showers, bathrooms and wifi which is really convenient due to spotty cell reception.  I feel like the spots are a little tightly packed (I am a tent camper) and I also feel like its a little pricey - I think the last time I camped here I paid 30 dollars a night for a tent site.  They do have online reservations and they tend to fill up quickly especially in the springtime which is the nicest time of year to camp here.

I've never seen coyotes here or have been bothered by any wildlife at all.  I also really appreciate that people here keep their dogs leashed so they don't come roaming into my site.  My dog likes people but she doesn't like other dogs.

Excellent place to camp next to the Valley of Fire

It's a really great place to camp very close to the Valley of Fire.  There is a store with a restaurant and gas station about 6-8 miles down the main road. (depending on where you put your camp) The last time I camped here it was extremely windy so it has motivated me to move to a canvas tent although my tent held up, surprisingly.

It was really quiet, there were other people around but nobody was being loud or anything.  I don't think I'd recommend camping here much past the beginning of May as there is no shade and it heats up during the day.

I camped here this past week for 4 nights and it was splendid.  I didn't see or hear any coyotes.  But we did have a brief issue with bees being attracted to any water we were using.

Most people camp pretty close to the main road, but if you follow the dirt road down a little further there are some really private sites that are much nicer and it didn't seem like you needed a high clearance vehicle to get back there.

If you love coyotes then look no further

I've camped here on and off since 2015.  I feel like i'ts gotten better recently in terms of groups of loud partying people doing doughnuts in the parking lot at the entrance.  A few years ago we had a person literally stumble into our camp and almost fall into our fire… but I haven't had anything strange like that happen in the past year.  The views of the lake are breathtaking.

If you have dogs, beware of the coyotes.  There are a lot of them here.  Some are skittish and will run away from you, but I've had other ones stalk and stare me down.  Even waving a big stick, throwing rocks and yelling at it didn't get this coyote out of the way.  He was blocking me from getting to my tent.  I didn't even end up staying that night, it totally freaked me out.

Now when I camp here, I sleep in my Jeep and I feel a lot safer with solid walls around me.

Excellant alternative to the pay sites

I've camped here a few times in the summer to escape the heat of Las Vegas when I don't want to drive too far anywhere else.  I have a Jeep Compass and had no trouble on the road - I watched cars get stuck though, but other cars were fine so it probably depends on your skills with a lower clearance vehicle.  The sites are nice and spread out.  I had to drive little ways in before I found empty space.  It is really beautiful with the trees and scenery and is probably my favorite place to camp in the summer.

A few things I didn't like were that people leave poopy toilet paper all over the place.  I'd like to assume positivity and think maybe they think it will biodegrade because it's thin paper.  It doesn't.  Dig a hole, cover it up.  Put your paper in a plastic zip-lock bag and bring it with you.  The sites were also incredibly dirty with all kinds of other litter.  I filled up an entire 13-gallon garbage bag with trash when I got there.  So that was sad to see such a beautiful place being treated this way.  The other thing to be aware of here is noise.  There are large families or groups that camp here and play their music all day and into the night as well.  I hesitate to use earplugs because I like to be able to hear when I'm camping.

Road side sites

This place has road side camp sites that are well spread out. Perfect for a night or two. No bathrooms or facilities but that wasn’t a problem