Austin, TEXAS

Most Recent Austin Camping Reviews
Beautiful views -
  • I wouldn’t call it “primitive” camping although spaced out, still close to neighbors. Not as many options for fishing from the camp sites as I had expected, lots of safety patrols, friendly staff, clean sites. Overall a good experience. Will return.
Camp

I have never been anywhere more friendly

Great time!

Stayed this past winter on a short trip. Great fishing and river view tent campsites. Restrooms were very clean.

Wow

My wife and I haven't been able to take a vacation alone together in years. We had just bought a travel trailer and we had a different place booked but then covid happened and they cancelled on us. We were worried that we weren't going to get some time together but then we found mystic quarry and let me say it was amazing. The owners did everything they could do to help us when we got there and during our stay. They offer river floating from a nearby tube rental place that will come pick you up and drop you back off at the camp ground. So much to do between the hiking trails, pool, hot tub, horseshoes, bocca ball courts, fishing at the nearby canyon lake. It was an amazing time and we will definitely be back.

Always a great stay

This is one of the few places we continue to stay at year after year.

Friendly RV Park

Came here for plans to visit family and ended up staying almost 2 months during the COVID-19 virus stay at home order. Simple RV park off the side of Hwy 281. Some roads paved other gravel. Spots on the north side in an oak grove and are laid out to meet the terrain. The south side is not as treed. The bathrooms are nice and very clean. Laundry room is clean but small. Cute recreation areas and a huge dog park area. Good Verizon signal, slow in park WiFi. Hwy noise there but not overwhelming. The owners are fantastic and we were welcomed and given a home during a difficult time. When we come back, and we will, no question we will definitely come back here.

This spot is my favorite!

The hiking is beautiful! This was my first time swimming in a spring. As you walk into the lake (walk fast if you dont want to get bitten) you will find pockets if cooler water spouting up. Its kinda like stepping into a refridgerator but underwater. Personally my camping experience was ruined by the generator a couple spots down - constantly on and did not take a break - so it kinda ruined the beauty of the outdoor experience for me. But this is truly a beautiful place!

Great for water lovers

Amazing views and facilities. The devils waterhole is a must!

Great family owned spot

We've camped here twice. The family hows owns and manages it is very welcoming and accommodating. The last trip we got flooded in and or tent got flooded out everything was soaked and there was no way out of the park. The owners let us use a washer and dryer to get warm dry clothes and bedding for the kids. RV sites are decent sized, but very close together. There's only a couple grills that get moved around, so we normally bring our own. There's easy access to the Colorado river and great fishing. Overall we love this spot! Major plus is that there's very limited cell reception!

Two Parks for one price

We stayed here for three nights and we were able to visit Bastrop State park for the day. The water was full of some weeds so fishing was not that great but we rented a camp and enjoyed our stay here.