Austin, TEXAS

Most Recent Austin Camping Reviews
Rude employees

et me start this by saying that the park is beautiful but the reason we will not be returning and we will pay to go elsewhere is a particular employee. She is an older lady with chin length gray hair who was so unbelievably rude to us!!! We had already been staying at the park for a day and had our car tagged. We had left for the day and when we came back, the gate was open. We stopped at the stop sign and looked inside and no one was there and we went through the gate and next thing we hear a woman screaming at us and when we backed up and started rolling down the window, she literally yelled for my husband to put on a mask, which he did with no problem and then she yelled this is a federal park and you can’t just come in and my husband nicely said “yes ma’am we have a reservation” and he pointed at our car tag and she rudely goes well I didn’t see it and there is a stop sign for a reason and my husband says well the gate was up and I did stop at the stop sign and we looked in and no one was there and she rudely goes “well the gate is broken and I was washing my hands” and then storms off. Not once was my husband rude to this lady. If your gate is broke and you want people to do more than just stop at your stop sign and you want them to wait to be waved in, then put a sign. There are a ton of other handwritten signs at the gate house. There was no reason for us to be treated that way. I’m so very disappointed in this place.

Comfortable Campsites

Enjoyed a two night stay during COVID era. Many parks closed, believe this state park had restrictions on how many campers could stay overnight. We reserved 2 night online, and arrived just as the friendly ranger was closing for the day. Good location; easy to find off of freeway. Wooded RV sites with paved pads. Several areas were closed. Dam area under construction. Overall, a very relaxing, pleasant experience. Very quiet. Boat rentals appeared to be closed, and small lake looked a tad stagnant and overgrown with aquatic plants. Wouldn’t plan on fishing in “stocked lake.” No collecting firewood; charcoal fires only within ring. Comical amount of paperwork stuck by rangers/park hosts to our van the first morning.

Good for 1st time hikers

Its has different hiking trails to explore and tons of nice picnic areas.

Words Cant Describe

The hiking trails with history is the best. Enjoy a nice cool down with a swim.

Peace and quiet

Nice open space with a lot of places for camping far from other sites. The Stars looked amazing at night. Ended up staying an extra night because we didn't want to leave. The bathrooms were very clean and showers were amazing.

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON

I spent days searching how to reserve or get someone with info on the phone. There are only two campground open at Canyon Lake for the 2020 season and can be reserved on recreation.gov. Canyon Park is CLOSED for the rest of 2020

What a beautiful Oasis-Water Fall

I loved this park. I want to go back, because it’s been a few years. The falls and swimming hole were amazing. The only thing is it was very hot, and I fell off the falls at one point. I was ok, but had a slight concussion. I was trying to climb it, and lost my footing. If you haven’t gone you need to!

I love this spot

This campsite is nice because it has a swimming area as well as a ton of good fishing spots. Good facilities and camping spots. I’ve always had a good time here.

My favorite park ever

I’ve been coming to berry springs for years and I love this spot a ton. Awesome trails, good fishing, cheap spots. Highly recommended.

Simple Campground

Stay 3 days without any problem or inconvenience. Everything clean and organized. Good service and attention to details. The only difficult is the road to get access.