the dyrt
Yellowstone National Park, WYOMING
Most Recent Yellowstone National Park Camping Reviews
Beautiful hikes. Great hosts. Will be back for sure!

13 miles from town, but you wouldn't know it. Well marked trails. Lots of trees well established trails. Hosts were friendly and helpful. Site well kept. We will be back for sure.

We love Yellowstone & this location

Very good location, pretty level, fairly close to other campers but not terrible. We would stay here again.

Quiet gorgeous setting

State run Site. Save money with the Idaho State Parks Pass.

RV and tent camping fishing and boating. I have stayed here numerous times. Cell service spotty but can be achieved. Wildlife can be viewed from inside RV. As stated before can get windy at times.

Very close to other places to visit; Yellowstone NP, Mesa Falls, Harriman State Park, Earthquake Lake, Big Spring, really to many to list.

Good solid campground with plenty of fun to be had

This is a very popular campground in the Livingston area. fills up fast in the summer, but totally deserted in the late fall and winter. Campground hosts usually are straight from the Third Reich and had many years of tutelage under Heir Hitler himself, instead of chillin around a campfire enjoying life they patrol the campground with a copy of Mein Kampf in tow. Good basecamp for many great day hikes. Pine creek falls is really popular and about a mile, George Lake and Pine Creek Lake are good hearty all day hikes.

Great experience

Stayed in Tower Falls for a few nights this summer. Location is very convenient. It even has an easy walking trail that you can hike down by the river in the camp. Overall an amazing experience. But Yellowstone in itself is an awesome place and I can’t wait to go back! 10/10 recommend!!

Definate best buy

The full service spots are a nice size with a great view of the lake. It does get windy at times. A true gem.

Enjoyable Yellowstone National Park campground

We stayed in a travel trailer at Grant Village campground for 10 days. This is a dry site (no hook-ups). Because we selected a site next to the comfort station, grey water and sewage storage was not a problem. There was a shower site we had to drive to right down the street; we were given a "pass" for one shower for each adult each day. A little annoying but doable (the water was hot and unlimited). The site was a little tight with our 34 ft rig but it worked without damage to the local foliage. A little on site selection: when you reserve for the campground, you don't select a site. We arrived at 1 pm and selected our site then. The rush for sites was typically around 6-7:30 pm, so I recommend arriving early. Our site was frequented by elk and deer. The lake was a very short walk down the hill. The Village had a grocery, cafe, restaurant, post office, visitor center, and souvenir shop. Would highly recommend.

Can't beat Yellowstone!

This was a great spot to camp, but a little unnerving being in a small tent in bear country. Middle of the summer and it was still down right chilly at night. I'm not sure I've ever been so cold while camping. This campground has restrooms within the loop as well as a large facility for showering and laundry at the entrance to which you likely want to drive. Everything was clean and well maintained. Be sure to practice good bear safety with food. Bear cans were provided for food storage. No food in the tents. No food smelling clothes in the tent. We were right next to the bathroom which was convenient and the campsite was quite large for our two person tent and canopy over the picnic table.

Late season

We wanted to stay overnight in YNP in late October and found out that most of the hotels were already closed and the only campgrounds open were Mammoth, which is open year-round and Lewis Lake, which was open until 11/4. We had no trouble finding a spot in the late afternoon but because it was the only camping available , and it is YNP, it filled up fast! Nice but tiny sites, pretty trees and a separate area for tenters . This campground was very quiet. It was also very clean considering it had hard use all summer. Every site has a little tent pad, a table, and a fire pit. The rangers had turned off the water so there was no fee either! The boat ramp at Lewis Lake was perfect and the lake was glassy so we had excellent canoeing. This review is heavily determined by the time of year, and the excellent weather we enjoyed. But it gives a different twist to camping in Yellowstone.

Dirt access roads/close to Yellowstone

Good location and very scenic lake at campground! Close to Yellowstone West entrance! No water or sewer hookups! No showers, but community water spouts and port a potty type toilets. Tight space for our Class A motorhome! ($10 sewer dump in town at Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park).

can't go wrong with yellowstone

Yellowstone, being the beautiful place that it is, is one of the most well trafficked national parks in the U.S. This being said, it's campgrounds fill up super quickly. If you're looking to stay within the park, plan your trip pretty far in advance so you can be sure to get a spot. However, there are some campground that don't take reservations and just do it one a first come, first served basis.

Norris campground is one that does not take reservations. When my friends and I were coming through Yellowstone, I thought it was super lucky that we managed to find a site. The sites are pretty nice too; flat and some are pretty secluded. They seemed to have a lot more tent sites than RV sites, so if you have an RV, I wouldn't necessarily bet on finding a site here.

Although the camp is nice, you don't spend much time at it when you're in Yellowstone. The park is beautiful. I prefer the less touristy hikes, but of course you have to go see Old Faithful and The Grand Prismatic Spring and all the other touristy things.

Get out there and have fun!

Beautiful spot on the Yellowstone River

This is a wonderful RV Park, on the banks of the Yellowstone River, just north of Yellowstone NP. Great location with easy drive south to Yellowstone or dining in Livingston a few miles north. Clean modern shower & bath, plus laundry and store.

Decent

They had WiFi. There was a camp store. I camped here on my way to Yellowstone back in 2014 when I worked in the park.

Centrally Located

This campground is in the northern part of the park, so if you're coming in or leaving by way of Wyoming, this is the most convenient place to sleep! The bathrooms are very well-maintained and have running water. The spots, while they don't offer much privacy, are spacious especially if you have a tent instead of an RV. This campsite puts you at a prime location from which to explore the springs which are a major destination within the park. Since the campground is so close to the springs, you can get a leg up on the tourist bus crowds that start rolling in around mid-morning. The campsite is in a busier area and is surrounded by a road on both sides, so if you're looking for something a bit more remote, try Indian Creek or Tower Falls.

Slough Creek - Yellowstone - Great place to see wildlife -

Bison walking thru campsite, River runs beside it, Back Country trails with campsites if you dare.

Bear Spray a must..Water and Toilets available…Small campsite area only 16 sites…

Mostly tent or small RV's…once again…this is the Slough Creek campsite in the North East corner of Yellowstone…< 10 miles from Lamar Valley where you can watch Wolves…

Perfect!

This is a decent campsite, a little KOA like with how many sites there are but overall nice. They have great showers along with a nice bathroom. There is amenities around that you can use like a store, gas station, etc.

AMAZING

This campground was AMAZING. Just a few miles from the Yellowstone North Entrance, this is a cheap campground with a decent amount of campsites. They are nicely spaced, and all of them have food storage for bears. Each site also has a perfect fire ring and picnic table

GOOD FOR RV

We camp there for three days with an RV.Its nice campground,they have full hook up,laundry,quiet

Nice, Basic Campground in Yellowstone

Yellowstone is always crowded, so we reserved in advance. We enjoyed our stay here – saw lots of elk and bison. Our site was fairly small, but provided what we needed – a place for our car, our tent, and the hammock!

On the River, Just Outside of Yellowstone

Just outside of Yellowstone, right on the river, clean vault toilet, bear box, fire pit, picnic table, and FREE.

There are multiple campsites on Grassy Lake Road/Flagg Ranch Road just off of the John D Rockefeller Jr. Parkway connecting the Grand Tetons to Yellowstone. Many could accommodate larger RVs, though we were in a pop-up. The site was beautiful and I saw more moose driving to my campsite than I did driving through Yellowstone.

The river is beautiful and many campsites are right on its banks. My daughter and son Kayaked from Yellowstone’s south entrance to the campsite and had a blast.  I thought the waterfalls at the south end were the most beautiful in the park.  We spent days climbing and hiking around them.

There is no power or water other than the river. Water proved to be a problem for us, though with planning you could fill jugs up while in the park and we showered in the center of Yellowstone at Grant Village.

Several of the camp areas have multiple sites but many further up are single sites you would have all to yourself. Though it’s pseudo-wilderness camping, I would be tempted to pay handsomely for the privilege to be in a quiet campsite next to a beautiful river outside of Yellowstone…but it was FREE.

Excellent location and RV hookups

One must plan in advance for a reservation at Fishing Bridge RV Park in Yellowstone National Park. Full hookups available on paved sites.

walking distance to the store and NPS Visitor Center- but bring your bear spray as there are many right around.

this campground may be closed for reconstruction during 2019, but call to know for sure. We stay every June we can for Yellowstone Lake fishing and requisite sight seeing.

Wonderful National Park Campground

This campground is centrally located in Yellowstone National Park. It has quite a few loops. We stayed at sites in loop C and loop G. Loop C was very open with some of the campsites being close together. Loop G was wooded with many campsites being further apart. The restrooms were clean but there were no showers. Some of the campsites are not level so be sure to ask if you need a level site. Be upfront and honest when reserving a site about the length of your RV/vehicle. - some of the sites are quite short.

Great place to stay to see Yellowstone. Reservations are needed in the summer and a good idea anytime.

It’s what you’d expect

Crowded, basic, but had a last minute spot for one. Not far from attractions or the great lodge for WiFi and food.

Private and removed

Nice campground with really large sites. Nicely wooded and quiet. The road in is narrow and 1 lane but paved, about 3 miles off the main road. Vault toilets and water are convently located. Hiking trails accessible from the campground.

awe inspiring

lots of photo ops, huge park take your time and see it all, plan ahead it will save you much sorrow, the amenities are whatever you prefer, I have never seen a park with so many options

it awesome and cant wait to go back and will take breath away

It best park I have visted so far and words cant describe the park at all and it just asesome

Great site in a great area but no showers

Great site with a great ampitheater and ranger program. Where are the showers? Why cant I pick my own site? Questions I have for Yellowstone

Best campground in yellowstone?

Spacious sites with great bathrooms and dish washing areas. Hot showers are a win! Near all the action too.

Might be the best in yellowstone

We stayed at quite a few and this might be the worst. People were leaving it was so bad. Why dont they let you pick your site?? Hot showers and close to all the action but that is about it. Too bad most of the canyon area hikes are closed do to the canyon collapsing in a bit. Still epic!

Grant Village Campground

Great campground! I had plenty of room for a 3 person and 4 person tent with room to spare. There was a great fire pit and picnic table and the bathrooms were close by as well as a dish washing station and water spickets. The map was easy to follow and the site was easy to find. There are a lot of campsites but I felt we had enough privacy even with campers on on 2 sides of us. There was parking for 2 cars at our site. Also showers were available. After spending the day on the west side of the loop this was a great spot to end out day!