Effective on March 23, 2016
The Dyrt (“we” or “us”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. The policies below explain how we collect and use your data and information through thedyrt.com (the “website”). We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and such changes will be effective from the date they are posted. You should check this page from time to time to review it for any changes. Your continued use of the website and related services serves as your agreement to those changes. If any changes will take retroactive effective, we will give you specific notice.
We may collect either your personally identifiable information or non-personal information when you visit the website.
Personal information may include your name, contact information (such as email address) and demographic information (such as age, education, gender, interests, state and zip code). We may collect your personal information under the following circumstances:
• When you register for a user account on the website;
• When you sign up to receive alerts or emails from us;
• When you request customer service from us or otherwise communicate with us with service related inquiries;
• When you participate in communities, comment threads and other interactive aspects of the website; or
• In any other instance where you knowingly volunteer your personal information.
In addition, when you interact with the website, we may collect non-personal information (which is information that does not identify you individually). We may collect and store the following types of non-personal information:
• Non-identifiable demographic data such as age, gender, and five digit zip code as part of collecting personal information;
• Device information about your computer, mobile device, or other device that you use to access the website. This information may include IP address, geolocation information, unique device identifiers, browser type, browser language, and other transactional information;
• Analytics and usage information about your use of the website; and
• Additional “traffic data” and log files such as time of access, date of access, software crash reports, session identification number, access times, and referring website addresses.
We only use the information we collect from you in accordance with this policy.
Specifically, the information collected is used to:
• Maintain our internal records;
• Improve our products and services;
• Periodically send promotional emails about new products, services, special offers or other similar information;
• Customize the website according to your interests;
• Provide you with content, products and services you request;
• Upload your content to the website as you request;
• Communicate with you about your account, our service or any enhancements or changes to our services, policies and terms and conditions; and
• Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the website.
In addition, we may also share this information with our trusted third party partners for marketing or promotional purposes or if required to do so by law or if we have the good-faith belief sharing your information is necessary to conform to applicable law, or protect our users, website, property or in emergency situations.
A cookie is a small file that is added to help analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Please understand, however, that while we try our best to safeguard your information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
You may always opt-out of receiving future e-mail messages and other communications from us. To opt-out, you can send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the website who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of their personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
At this time, we are unable to honor your browser’s Do Not Track signals.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the website and its related services. We may also sell certain assets associated with the website and its related services. As a result, please be aware that in such event we may transfer some or all of your information to a company acquiring all or part of our assets or to another company with which we have merged. Under such circumstances we would, to the extent possible, require the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this policy, as it may be amended from time to time. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring company or the merged company will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this policy.