Olympic National Park, WASHINGTON

Camping Washington Olympic National Park

Most Recent Olympic National Park Camping Reviews
Hidden campground, serene

This was our first trip to a DNR campground and it was lovely. Only 11 sites some spread out some close together all along the lyre river. It’s beautifully shaded but that adds to some dampness feeling in some of the sites with more growth.

We stayed in site 4, great for a single family tent, probably could squeeze in another, had room for our hammock.

2 vault toilets with 3 points for water access (1 next to #3, 1 by the shelter across from #6, and by the #9). There is a dumpster for garbage next to the shelter.

All that’s required for camping here is a Discover Pass. The recreation warden does come by to check at least once a day.

Cons: toilet was a little bit gross there’s a sign that it doesn’t get maintained on a daily basis. No TP after 12hrs, make sure to bring your own. -there appears to be some transient people that wander through, just keep an open eye. -there is private property adjacent to the camp ground, mostly feel marked and there are video cameras

Love this place

We have camped here many times over the last year or two and always clean and friendly, needed a tool once and the park staff stepped up and helped

Good, but not awesome.

The camping for RV’s with hookups is iffy. It’s very close to the highway and the sites are extremely close to one another. Our site in particular had hookups in all the wrongs places and a steep hill directly behind it (not great for families with little ones). Overall though, the campground was good. A lot of wonderful hiking trails and an adjacent biking trail.

We had a bad spot

I heard good things about this place but experienced something else. I think we just had a bad spot and it kinda ruined it for us. Had to scoop elk poop when we got there. Was out in a field and had no privacy. There was a little trail that took you out to shore. Lots of people getting shellfish. Stores nearby. Would I come back? Probably not.

Nice place

Friends and family had a good time. A few stores nearby for essentials. Sites are spacious. Bathrooms are okay. Beautiful view and beach. I would come back.

Great for quick overnight trips

Sites are extremely close together. Some campers are live in. The common areas are awesome, and the owner is the sweetest lady!

Twighlight Adventure in PNW

Poised on the precipice of the worlds biggest dam removal project, this incredible campground is a front row seat to nature’s pushback. Nestled in the Olympic National Park and surrounded by towering forest this has to be one our favorite parks to date. Dog Friendly, people friendly, and neat as a pin. Very professional and accommodating staff. All manner of sites from tent camping to pull throughs for 45 ft juggernauts.

Easy and convenient

What drew me here was the $5.75 hot showers in a private bathroom. It’s great to freshen up after camping or living on the road for long stretches. Less than 5 miles off 101 entering into Hoh park and about 20-25 minutes from Ruby Beach.

I took one star off because the bathroom I was given wasn’t very clean. I went early so I’m not sure if it is because they didn’t have a chance to between people.

I got 1 bar on both T-Mobile and AT&T here

There is a cafe with outdoor dining. The sandwich and burger options looked good though I did not get any myself

So Scenic and Private

Disclaimer: the road from highway 101 to the campground has SO MANY potholes. Big ones that we had to navigate in our RV but nothing that made it too hard to access the campground.

There are 15 sites and most are along a river with private access from your campsite. We loved staying here! There is a lot of privacy between each site too.

Bathrooms are very limited (just 2 outhouses) and obviously no hook ups.

There is a hike with a trailhead 2 miles from the campsite. We walked there and it was a milder way walk uphill to the trail head and then the .8 mile hike heads to a pretty waterfall which you can walk behind.

Good Resting Spot

We stayed for 1 night in the RV area so we could have full hook ups. It’s was nice that each spot has water, power AND it’s own sewer hook up.

The reason for only 3 stars was there was absolutely no privacy between sites, and we had neighbors on both sides as well as behind our site was a campsite. We were surrounded by other people when we were hoping for at least some trees between sites.

There is a large park across highway 101. There is a crosswalk and a light to press so cars know you’re crossing the road but it was still a little scary as there is a blind corner that approaches the crosswalk.

The camp host was VERY friendly and gave our daughter a ranger badge which was very thoughtful.

We’d come back, but not for more than a night.