Olympic National Park, WASHINGTON
Camping Washington Olympic National Park
Most Recent Olympic National Park Camping Reviews
Great KOA!

The owners and staff are fantastic! It’s perfect for families with lots of things to do. Close proximity to the Olympic National Park and Strait for day trips. The grounds and facilities are well kept. There is some road noise, but it’s not bad.

Scenic location on top of a bluff located next to the Dungeness Wildlife Preserve.

Excellent views and scenic trails with semi-private campsites. It's connected to wildlife refuge where you can take a 5 mile stroll on a spit to a public light house where you can see across to Canada and other parts of the Sound. The campsites do not have electricity, water or sewer but on the other hand are rather inexpensive ($26 a night). There is a dumpsite on the way out of the park convenient for RVers who dry camped.

Beautiful!

A local told us about this spot as we ate breakfast at the Hungry Bear Cafe off the 101. There are a handful of great spots along 2918. We stayed next to the Sol Duc River and it was beautiful! This site didn't have a ton of room for parking but we had a motorcycle so it worked out. It is also pretty steep to get down to the site. There are two other nearby sites -- one that is smaller and has limited parking and is steep to get to and the other is very large with parking space for a larger vehicle.

Great little primitive camp area

Had a 6 RV spots and a number of tent sites. No power, no water, but there are compost toilets. Has fire rings and picnic tables.

Quite sweet spot on the river. No fee Decent 4G ATT cell coverage

Great park !

We stopped for lunch and decided to stay the night because it was so nice. Super clean bathrooms. The showers required tokens. Each token was $0.50 for 3 minutes. The check in office had a herb garden that was available for campers to enjoy use of. Our only complaint was that there were heavy equipment delivering construction materials early in the morning.

Amazing!!

Great campsite! All walkuo sites so make sure to get there early. Saw two bald eagles on the way in.

Comfy SKP Park nr Port Townsend

This RV park has full-hook up and dry camp sites for SKP members.

The location is a bit remote hence very quiet. I like that it's only about 10-12 minutes to Port Townsend, a bustling everything-you-could-possibly want hip town. Perfect for my tastes and needs. I dry camp which costs $7.50/nt.

Works for me!

Beautiful but expensive

We pulled in late and there were plenty of sites available on the holiday weekend. The sites were big and had trails to the main trail around the lake. It's a pricy place at $50/night!

Closed!

This campground is closed! But there is dispersed camping all along NF 29!

Excellent campground

Few amenities but it’s quiet and tucked back. Easy to access and bathrooms are kept clean.

Cozy

Bathrooms were very clean flush toilets, handicap accessible, camp sites were open and packed in. Our window looked into neighbors window. Fun was had walking on the beach at hood canal.

Enjoy the ocean breeze

This is the best place I ever set up a tent. To smell the ocean and it’s calming effects is probably the most relaxed I’ve felt in a long time. I just saw a sign on the road and decided to turn and I ended up here and was so happy there were still tent sites still available. It’s first come first serve and it’s worth it! I will come back again!

Great car camping situation. Able to rent kayaks at the lake. Little convenience shop too!

Nice homey feel

Family business. Super nice people with allot of amenities. Play equipment for the kids along with family outside & inside games. They offer free produce to the campers from their garden & free movie rentals.
The spaces were a little tight but for a few nights - it’s worth it.

Very nice

Beautiful place, I was only there once seem to be fairly crowded. Nice reservoir access for swimming. And a great hiking nearby.

My #1 favorite place to camp!

I have been camping here since I was a kid and it is still my favorite! Although now days it’s a lot more popular. It’s has 3 different types of beaches, nice facilities, and lots of wildlife. Pics are from last summer!

Lovely

Great place quiet sound of the river roaring. Never super crowded

Amazing

Great place to camp with kids. Even better if you are lucky enough to get one of the sites that butts up against the cliff that overlooks the ocean.

Depends on the time of year

Depending on the time of year you come here. Will determine what kind of time you'll have. In the summer it's hard to get a spot and it's very crowded. But if you come in the spring and fall is a very lovely place to be.

Not really

It's not so much a campground as a hotel with camping spots for RVs only but very clean.

Pine tree sites in the park

$22 for a tent site but you will also have to pay or have a park pass to get into Olympic NP. Bathrooms are basic with no showers. Water spigots at restrooms. Sites are level and come with fire ring and table. Quiet and wildlife visible.

Rainforest camping above the beach

Most campsites are woven in amongst old growth rainforest trees. Bathrooms are basic, no showers. Water spigots at bathrooms. Tent, rv camping allowed with some sites on the beach bluff overlooking the ocean. $22 for tent camping comes with fire ring and picnic table. There is a general store .5 miles away at the lodge.

Great small place

Amazing little campground all sites except for two or on the river quiet clean bathrooms

Long time visiter

Been coming here since I was a little kid. they've done a lot with the common grounds to make it more family-friendly over the years. But the campsites are still the same which are amazing.

Lakeside gem

Really nice. Another beautiful lake. Went paddle boarding. Water was soo clear no wind. Gorgeous Nice sunny spot for our tent.

Really nice.

Burned a lot of wood. Fortunately lots for sale. It was cold during our stay. Nice site. Got the last one. 3 other loops were closed for repairs. Bathroom was clean and potable water.

Better than I expected

If you're looking for a serene woodsy place to tent camp this is it! There are RV/trailer sites which are what you would expect - all in a line with no privacy between them. The tent sites all have moderate to high privacy, especially the perimeter sites. If you're in the middle of the loop then unfortunately you have people 360 degrees around you but still not terrible. I noticed that all the sites have fire pits with grills except for #2 for some reason. I would also avoid #2 and #3 as they are literally directly next to the bathrooms and there is a bright metal halide light outside the bathroom. The pull-through sites generally are more secluded and offer more natural buffers than the back-in sites do.

Within walking distance of the tent sites are large grassy fields with plenty of room for activities and games and there are several miles of easy walking trails that parallel the shore line with beautiful vistas overlooking Port Townsend Bay. One of the trails leads down to the shore which has a nice picnic table right on the shore. An added bonus for history buffs are the placards on one of the walking trails that tells the history of the park when it was an active Army base in the late 1800's. The trails are all wide and well-maintained as well as heavily shaded which is nice in the hot summer. Only of a few of the lesser used trails were quite narrow (shoulder width wide).

All in all my wife, daughter and I fell in love with this park and will definitely be reserving #1 again!

Awesome camping on Olympic Coast

Really loved camping here and being right on the coast. We had a fairly large site that had a decent amount of privacy, which was tucked back in the woods, but we could still hear the ocean. There are many sites that directly overlook the ocean, but I noticed those were much windier than those tucked back in the trees. Also keep in mind many of the sites in the campground are quite small, many of which looked like they could only accommodate a single tent. The site I was in luckily fit 2 tents easily. The campground features flush toilet bathrooms, water spigots, and dish washing areas. Be sure to take the trails that lead down to the beach, and you can even have a bonfire on the beach if you want! Overall this was one of my favorite places to camp!

Hidden Gem

Absolutely beautiful…. the ocean with the crashing waves are so mesmerizing. Enjoyed walking the beach as well as watching all the surfers. Dog friendly. Enjoyed ocean views from our RV site. Listening to the waves while drifting into slumber.
Many cabins with ocean views. Driftwood galore.

Not my favorite NP campground

One of two reservable campgrounds in Olympic National Park, I chose this because we would be here over a weekend and didn’t want to chance not being able to find a campsite. It’s a long drive in so you would not want to arrive and not find a place to rest your head. By late Friday night, the campground was full. There is an RV section with hookups and two other loops with no hookups. Our site(B70) was a bit awkward and we ended up pulling our van in forward instead of backing in, otherwise our heads would have been lower than our feet. This space could easily accommodate two cars if you were tent camping. Our senior lifetime pass was not accepted at this campground as it was listed as an RV campground. However, upon arrival, I didn’t understand why they called it an RV campground. There were no hookups or other amenities that would make it any different than a tent-only facility in the A and B loops. In fact, many of the sites had pads that would not accommodate anything larger than our 17-foot van. The bathrooms were reasonably clean and had soap. No hot water or showers but again, typical of National Park campgrounds. Quiet hours were not enforced and, in fact, the people in Site 65 were loud until 2:30 am. The next morning, garbage was strewn all over their site, an ax was still stuck in wood, and food was left out all over the table, including a jar of honey(I swear I am not making this up). This campground has signs at the entrance and on every site picnic table that it is an active bear area and how important it is to keep a clean campsite. By 10 am, everyone at the site was still asleep, and neither the camp host nor ranger had done nothing to roust/oust them. (By the time we returned from our hike/soak in the hot springs, they were gone but the people who came after had to clean up the site.) The main draw to this campground is Sol Duc Falls and the hot springs. It is over a six-mile hike roundtrip from the campground to the falls and there is a trail to the hot springs(or you can drive to the trailhead and walk.08 mile to the falls). There is an additional charge for the hot springs($15 for adults,$11 for 62 and older; optional towel rental for$3) but it is so worth it to soak your weary muscles after a hike, despite the crowds. The bonus is being able to take a shower since there are none in the campground. No cell service. We would stay here again only if we wanted to visit Sol Duc Falls or the hot springs but it was not my favorite campground.