Portland, OREGON

Camping Oregon Portland

Most Recent Portland Camping Reviews
So much beauty so little time!

This is one of my favorite places to go in Oregon (there are many). The park has about 120 sites, it is ready for RV, Tents, Horses, Boats about anything you could want.

Dogs are welcome, however, some trails (like the Ten Falls) are not allowed.  Please pick up after your pet and keep them on a leash!

If you get a chance, do the Trail of Ten Falls, it is a spectacular, nationally recognized hiking trail that weaves through a densely forested landscape. The trail passes a series of breathtaking waterfalls along a rocky canyon and descends to a winding creek on the forest floor.

Beautiful in Snow

Went snowshoe backpacking up to McNeil Point this weekend and camped and showshoe-d around the area for a few days. This area is extremely popular in summer and is along the Timberline Trail, but  during our Late May excursion there was still tons of snow and only saw a few people in the 3 days we were up there.

Views of Hood, Rainier, and and Adams with plenty of nearby meadows and ridges to explore. What else could you ask for?

Beautiful place to wake up

Only stayed one night ..The drive was intense in a Honda but I made it…followed someone in…otherwise not sure if I could find it with no service. The spot was peaceful , cleanish toilets and there was a fire ban at the time so we had to bring our own fire pit which was tricky and also called for a lot more bugs . Oh yeah bugs- MOSQUITOES and all the other goodies you find high up in the tops of mountain lakes. But a great find none the less would go again and stay longer since it’s such a drive up.

Peaceful

Great camp spot to keep kids busy! Very quiet and camp spots were perfect distance. Plenty of restrooms. The stream has some swim sections, but not entirely. Bring water shoes!

What a mistake

I used the get directions button. Followed the map.

First off the reviews said phone service there. How? Cell reception drops before even getting to the Forest Road.

To say the road is a little rough is a HUGE understatement. The closer I got to this lake the worse the road got. It went from a decent graveled two lane road to a one lane road, then a dirt road with potholes, to a very narrow dirt track. There was winter storm damage everywhere. Many trees had fallen across the road but the road had been cleared. Still some of the tree branches would rub the side of my car. I would have turned around but there was simply no place to do that. I moved forward hoping to find some way to turn around. Then the road had a large area that was just mud. On the right the land rapidly rose and on the left the land sloped rapidly down into a ravine. Going as slow as possible through the mud I felt the car start to slide towards the ravine. My years of driving prevented the slide down into the ravine. Push on looking for any turn place to turn around. The road became worse and the fallen trees become more abundant. Branches brushing the car almost constant. One of the fallen trees must have been precariously balanced because I heard the scrape on the side of the car and suddenly there was a tree trunk smashing through my windshield. Had there been a passenger in my car they would have died. I did manage to find enough room to turn around a bit farther down the road. After what was a very painful 20 point turn around I made my way out of the nightmare experience and limped back to civilization.

Amazing! Family / pet friendly

Amazing RV Park, well maintained roads, lots, and landscaping. Both fellow campers and staff were extremely welcoming. There was also plenty to do around the campsite between fishing, the small kids park and the park provided activity’s (corn hole, etc.). The only reason I say 4 stars is the sites are a little small. Very little space between other campers.

Beautiful!

This campground gets really crowded from the day use/dam side of the lake. Great for tent camping/swimming. The lake actually gets pretty warm starting in August.

Great clean place.

Stunning river views and small with only 11 sites that are first come first served. Refurbished a few years ago. This is my go to for during the week over nighters as it’s never been full. Last year I went in June for a solo night and I had the place to myself. Hiking nearby with tabletop rock and about 25 miles of trail right across the road. Only issue I have found is the logging trucks run all night.

Love the site

Not sure of the number, think it was 1 or 2. We got the first site at the entrance. I enjoyed the spot since it was more secluded. Others were surrounded by multiple sites without many trees. We had river access from our site. There is also a little trail at one end of the campsite which was nice.

Love this campsite! Only downside is water is difficult to access

I love this site, it's never crowded! Been here 3 times and it's only ever half filled. Only downside is only being able to access the river by the site that is furthest East. We were able to go down this way since there was no one camping there. Sites are a little crammed, if you have a direct neighbor, they might be kind of close.