Camping in Portland

432 Reviews of 72 Portland, Oregon Campgrounds

Ben I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2021

Sauvie's cacophony of wonder

This morning, Dec 1st, I woke up to the sound of frogs croaking, birds chirping, airplanes swooshing, trains puffing, traffic roaring, a shipping vessel rumbles by, waves crashing a rooster crowing, chickens clucking, geese honking, a tractor starting. I can hear nature, farm, and city here from…

Justin S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2021

Woodsy and cozy

This campground is on a small lake with lots of trails around and play area for kids. It feels like you are really deep in the woods. Road is a little tight if you have a big rig and lots of potholes.

Dave W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Nice state park near Portland

Really nice park with access to lots of trails. Great for late season camping. We loved the camp host.

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2021

The worst washington state park to camp at.

stayed at one of the yurts here. its right off i-5, so we thought it would be a great idea to stay here while exploring Portland and the nearby casino. (we're from Lynnwood.)

Lots of beat up cars/trailers that move around from night to night, not sure if they were paying for their spots lol.…

E
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2021

Really nice grounds and employees!

I love this place! The grounds are really nice, the employees are somehow even nicer and always willing to help any way they can, and the area has a great vibe and feel about it. It feels nice and safe and still manages to remain amazingly quiet considering the location and rigs comings &…

Glynn N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2021

The best

Well, we have lived in the Salem area for 15 years and have always said we needed to camp here but could never get a campsite because it was always booked on weekends. Retired this year and we had weekdays open and discovered why this is such a popular camp. This is one of the nicest campgrounds we…

SiteB28
GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Perfect “one night stand”

The location is within easy earshot and access to I 5 freeway. Great for “I’m on my way to…” Note: Very cramped, I’ll need to disconnect the toad and perform multiple back and forths to exit.

SiteAlaska #17
Stephanie A.
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2021

Summary

Clean Friendly Pet friendly

Stephanie A.
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2021

Summary

Clean Friendly Pet friendly

James W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2021

Nice State Park

Enjoyed our stay. The park is on the Clackamas River. A horse trail traverses the river. It’s a great place to walk the dogs. Canoe rentals, fishing pier, disc golf and more.

SiteA36
Chanel C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2021

Hidden gem

• No cell service so it’s the perfect place to go off the grid and disconnect
  • While it feels very remote and removed from civilization, it’s just a few miles from town if you need to pick any supplies or food up
  • We got to see deer every day! They stopped by our campsite multiple times a day and…
RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

Clean and well spaced out

Reservations are made online or there are some first come first serve spaces. We made a reservation in advance when we arrive there is no host but your spot has a reserved sticker on it.

Park is small but clean and the sites are well spaced out. Lots of greenery around

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2021

A superb location! But!

Overall I liked this .location. Clean sites. Some with views of the mighty Columbia, clean facilities. What surprised me the most was the letter notifying campers of the high arsenic levels in the water. I wish I had known about this when I arrived. I wish it had been posted when registering.

M
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2021

Beautiful park in the trees

this place is super clean, trees all around, you really feel like you’re dee in the woods with the luxury of a full hookup campsite. Friendly host, helped with all my questions about the park and the local waterfalls

• Entry Info
  • Entry Info
  • First-Come, First-Serve Sites
SiteB25
McKenna & Genee  P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2021

Very nice park!

This RV park is very well kept up.
Location is close to town but still feels like you are in your own little world. Beautiful walking paths line the water. A must visit for sure!