Seattle, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Seattle Camping Reviews
Great property, but hookup spots are SUPER close

The property itself is great. There’s a playground and a couple large open fields for kids to play. Also really close to the water which is cool. The spots with hookups are REALLY close together though. This was our first time in a hookup spot so we were a bit surprised how close we were to our neighbors, but this could be typical, we’re not sure. We were in spot #4.

Small, Beautiful

Only 16 RV sites, which I find is a plus. All have views of beautiful Hood Canal. There are several cabins on the property, as well as a small inn. Property is well maintained. Would have given five stars, if not for the noise from the 101, which is just feet away. All in all, a very nice campground.

A Night Out

To celebrate my sisters birthday, we went camping at gold basin and then went up to hike goat lake to backpackthe next night. It was a beautiful night, we left the fly off of our tent. Bugs were minimal, had a fire with s’mores and dinner, of course. Only half the sites were open, it was a Friday night, but really not super busy, plenty of spots available. Looked like the showers were not open if you were hoping for them. I believe we spent $28 for the site and an extra car. We had 2 tents on the site. Brand new picnic table. The River was absolutely beautiful, plenty warm, had a great time. The toilets were clean but dark, needed headlamps even if it was daylight and cloudy.

A lovely spot, even in the rain.

It was pouring rain when I arrived, but the next morning it cleared for a couple of hours. The weather kept me from exploring as much as I wanted, however the campsite itself was worth it. I wish I had another day to spend hiking. I'll definitely return.

Amazing Scenic Valley

Everything about the Enchanted Valley is amazing. This was my first ever backpacking trip. I did it with my Dad when I was 8 years old and it has been a favorite ever since then.

The valley has a Chalet that was originally built by the Olympic Recreation Company in 1931 and has amazingly survived all this time. In recent years the Quinault River has shifted threatening the Chalet. In 2014 the Chalet was placed on steel rails and pulled 100 using mules and a helicopter.

The Valley is home to a herd of Elk as well as deer, bears and other wildlife. There are spectacular views of snowy mountains and you can hear the rumbling of avalanches.

From the Valley, you can continue on to Andersen Pass.

Beautiful Lake

This is a nice, well maintained campground next to a lake. Lake Leland is a beautiful and quiet lake that doesn't allow motor boats. Each campsite has a fire pit and picnic table. The fee to camp here is $18/night, or $10 if your are cycling.

Small Campground

This is a small county park located in right off of HWY 101 as you enter the town of Quilcene. There are 9 small campsites, all with picnic tables and a fire ring. There aren't many trees for privacy and you can hear the highway. They do have a shelter and playground. The fee to camp here is $15 or $10 for cyclists and are first come first serve.

Great beach access

Seal Rock Campground is a nice quiet place tucked away just out side of Brinnon WA. All of the sites are dispersed in a nice forested area which lends for good privacy. There is a great beach access as part of this campground which is great for fishing, clamming and shrimping. This campground is seasonal and closed for most of the winter.

Typical RV Park... Great Location

I wouldn't say there is anything spectacular about this RV park other than the fact that it is located on the edge of the Olympic National Forest next to the Hood Canal. They do have a nice little store as well.

Best Campground on the Hood Canal

This is a large campground with all the of camping options. They have tent sites, platform tents, cabins and RV hookups. This is located on both the Hood Canal and the Dosewallips river. This provides lots of activities like hiking, fishing, clam digging and exploring. There are several camp sites located on the river. The campground is well maintained year round.

View of The Hood Canal

Mike's Beach Resort has a campground located right on HWY 101. The highway is all that separates it from the canal. There are several RV hookup site all with fire pits. There aren't flushing toilets, just an it house. Over all it is a beautiful location. The camp office is just North of it further down hwy 101. The "resort" also has cabins and beach access.

Beautiful site

Spacious sites. Quiet and relaxing. We chose a spot close to the water and this is by far the nicest camp site we have ever experience. 11/10 stars!

Kinda concrete camping

Not my favorite kind of camping but the sites were clean and very well kept. We only spent the night and headed off early.

Absolutely beautiful!

I was so caught up in the beauty here, I didn't get a lot of pictures. This was my favorite place on the Mountain Loop Highway. It's a medium size camp ground, standard picnic table and fire pit at each site. As with many places on this loop,you must bring your own water. There is no drinking water. There is trash collection and vault toilets as well. I loved how peaceful this place was. The river was beautiful. I was able to relax and read my book. It was amazing! Highly recommend!

Ummmm...

Yes, I hesitated. We have a certain affection for this weird campground. They do try hard. The staff are available, super friendly and eager to be helpful. There is so much here for kids! And the palm trees, what a kick! However our particular site (beware of #15 until they fix it!) had Issues. The grass was torn up (moles?) so it was largely dirt and mud. The neighbor’s septic hole and rock cover (“?!”) (see the pic posted below by Kathy A.! Kathy, am I right? YUCK!) were a few inches from our picnic table! Most frustrating, there was less than zero privacy. All that said, we did have petunias in full bloom to cheer us up! And other nearby sites appeared pristine with gorgeous well-kept grass, trees and flowers, a little bit of space, and a little shade (some with alot!) The major draw, beyond how great a place this is for kids, is that this is one of the very few campgrounds near metro Seattle. That is what we needed and we were grateful for a place to plunk, hot showers, running water, and electricity… Would stay here again, now that I have spied out the sites!  (… Besides, a certain portion of our trailer gear certainly came to us by way of the Amazon distribution center across the street…!)

Very Nice, but with a few tolerable issues.

The staff person at the registration booth was very cheerful and helpful. I also noticed that there is an herb garden planted in front of the booth- thought about asking for some sprigs of rosemary and thyme for our dinner that night, but darn I chickened out…  The winding paths leading from the upper campsites to the water’s edge are a treasure trove for a photographer. Great fun. Our upper loop site had zero privacy, and was a bit noisy, as there was highway construction going on, layered on top of the background of the usual nearby highway noise.  There is construction going on inside the camp as well, on a dock and a retaining wall I believe?  So I was not able to explore those campsites nearer the water, but it looked like perhaps there would be more privacy there?  Our paved pad was nearly perfectly level despite the online info of “slightly sloped.”  Hookups (water, power, sewer) were fine.  Bathrooms are very clean, with an excellent, roomy, clean steaming hot shower (tokens needed - pick them up at the registration booth - you need paper money to feed the token machine: 1 token will get you 3 minutes.)  We had friendly neighbors who had some ideas about how we might find a replacement for our 54 year old broken door hinge…  Thanks Ray!

Booking

How can I book this place

Worth the drive, even on a cloudy day!

Camping with a view! Or bring a picnic lunch and enjoy the scenery and the fresh air.

Words can’t describe!

Was a great camp ground to camp at. We were traveling through so we only stayed 1 night but it was pretty fun aside from the roaring train horn in middle of the night. Other than that, completely satisfied with the stay!

Pretty cool

This campground was clean there are alot of rat holes so make sure you keep tents and car doors closed and bring pepper spray there are bears around other then that it is a cool place to camp

Crowded

It is so close to the urban areas of Seattle and Tacoma that it becomes way too crowded. I have seen multiple families occupy one camp site. Camp sites are also real close together. Positive note, Hood Canal is right there so opportunity to get clams and oysters.

Beautiful forest campground. We loved this campground because there is plenty of room for all the campers. Clean and well kept.

Great stay

The owner Dwight is awesome and Jessie is fantastic…..Grounds are very nice, looking forward to coming back

Favorite Getaway

This is the best little campground! Wish amazing views and great trails near by! Campground was clean and quiet. Early August was when I was there, and it was pretty busy! Try to get a spot early!

Island camping in the Puget Sound

Really cool spot in the sound. Either ocean front wide open setup or back in the woods. Cool snack shack and play ground. Nice beaches.

Primitive campsite

If you like mosquitoes and a tranquil setting with the occasional car driving through, then this is the place for you. I was in the area and decided to check this place out since it was grayed out on the map, the road in is not bad at all and I saw a few sedans and mini vans driving on it, that road is NFD road 68 and it takes you to necklace valley trail and to the West fork foss lake trail. When you come up to a fork you’ll want to stay to the right, the left side is NFD road 6830 and that takes you up the mountain to the Tonga ridge trail. The campsite has no table and no restroom, the river is a several feet from camp, you can drive into it (perfect for rooftop tents) I’d say it can accommodate around 5 tents. The mosquitoes are horrible!! We were going to setup camp but that drove us away. I like how secluded it is and would’ve given it 5 stars just for that but the mosquitoes killed the vibe. I can’t say this enough, but LEAVE NO TRACE BEHIND there is no trash can or restrooms at the site, DO NOT LEAVE YOUR TRASH!! PACK IT OUT Take biodegradable toilet paper so it can break down and relieve yourselves at a minimum of 200 feet from the river.

Beautiful spot on the peninsula of WA

I love this place! Camping right at the water or off in the woods. Lots of biking and hiking. A small bar is on site with good food, craft beers, and cocktails. A pier into the sound. Crabbing, bouy anchors. Fort and battery tours. a real gem in Washington.

Again, no space...on a Thursday night lol

I decided to checkout the campground and was impressed at how nice it was, it’s clean, campsites are decently spaced out and the restrooms were clean. The host is friendly and there’s wood for sale at $7 a bundle. You can reserve or try to snag one up on a first come basis. There’s a few spots for rooftop tent setups but they’re limited. Again, I ended up parking along the road next to a creek due to no availability and it was perfect.

Beckler river road campsites

I headed to this campground with the intention of grabbing a site, it was around 3pm on a Saturday so I figured I was out of luck and continued on down the road to look for a spot to camp next to the river, since I have a rooftop tent the space didn’t really matter. The drive alone was scenic, you could hear the river flowing. I took first entrance leading towards the river and sure enough there were people already camping (free might I add) of course it’s very primitive since there are no tables or restrooms (remember, 200 ft min from the river if you want to relieve yourself. Use biodegradable tp to keep it environmentally friendly). Roads are sedan friendly btw. I continued on and found many nice looking sites right next to the river but they were all taken, I mean…3pm on a Saturday? Lol. I headed back towards the campground and made one last attempt at the first turn off and landed a site, not super close to the river but it worked out. I’m pretty sure the campground is great and maybe I’ll check it out one day, but for now with a rooftop tent any spot can be turned into a campsite.

Leave to trace behind Pack it in pack it out

A home by the river

We had a spot right by the South Fork Stillaguamish River. We fell sleep and woke up to river sounds and were able to walk down to it straight from our site. There was also a cute sandy beach just at the edge of the campgrounds.