Yosemite National Park, CALIFORNIA
Camping California Yosemite National Park
Most Recent Yosemite National Park Camping Reviews
Avoid the crowds

Reversed Creek Campground is the least crowded in the June loop. The Campground is a short drive to June, sliver or grant lakes. And a short walk to Gull Lake.

There is a lot of wildlife in this area, we spotted dear four different times, and twice they walked through our campsite.

I definitely will be camping at Reversed Creek Campground again!

Great Back Up for June Loop

There are some really great campsites at east fork, that are mostly along the rock creek and have shade. But there are a few that are out in the open with NO shade and are quite plain.

It’s a great back up plan for June loop or mammoth if there is nothing available at those elevations.

Perfect Family Campground

Walking Distance with kids to Lake Shaver, which offers Fishing, swimming and Boating. Very organized and clean, the campgrounds are spread out, private and most have shade.

We will be back!

Quite and relaxing fishing lake

Really loved the drive in and this little lake. Good fishing and nice shady camp ground spots with amazing mountain views

Shhhhh! This beautiful campground is a well kept secret

Three major accidents put us way behind schedule on our way to find a site at Yosemite, Tioga Pass, and June Lake. Fortunately, I still prefer guidebooks and was able to find this site. Apparently it's not a well publicized spot because it's run by Mono County and not NPS or CSP. But the location is great: close to Mono Lake, Bodie, and away from the crowds at Yosemite. You have the sound of running water from the creek and Lundy Lake is nearby.

The weather is also perfect. On an August day, it never got hotter than 75 degrees during the day and the coldest it got was 26 degrees at night. If you need supplies, there is a resort further down with a very small mercantile, but it closes early. Your closest store is Mono Market in Lee Vining. Bring water or a filtration system because there is only a non-potable water spigot.

Good last minute campsite

We have stayed at Wawona a few times. We only stay there if we have not reserved a site in advance. You can visit the camp office and see if they have any openings the day of your arrival. It is close to the road so there is some noise from it. The river runs close to the campground. It is about one hour from Yosemite Valley.

Peaceful Sierras

Downsides: There are pit toilets, and they smell pretty bad, and the sites are really close together. There is no trash, no water & no reservations. The good: Plenty of beautiful trees and shade. The creek is lovely, and a wonderful place for the kids to play. There are some fish, but hard to catch. The best thing is that it is free to camp here, and it's only 20 minutes from June Lake, and 20 minutes to Mammoth if you need supplies.

Awesome

I came here with a bunch of my friends, it was really beautiful and easy to access all the hikes. Good area and fun to see in summer and winter!

So relaxing

We love McSwain. It is our go to camp ground in the area. It’s close, clean and friendly. It’s our thanksgiving weekend every year. Great place

Good spot near water

Initial thought was the hill kinda sucked but it was ok, has cut outs on the hill for tents, very close the the water we were on camp sites numbers 20,21. No parking near camp site you have to unload gear and drive ur vehicle about 1/4mile to park. Good spot if you have kayaks to launch from.

Clean. Well maintained. As described

Restrooms very clean. Some areas shadier than others. Kids loved pool and clubhouse. Shopping nearby.

Quiet

Clean well maintained, campsite by the the creek or the hot springs. Bring your water to cook and drink there is no water hookup. Really enjoyed my stay there with my family and the hot spring were perfect.

Yosemite Lakes Groveland

Thousand Trails Membership allows me to stay 21 days free. Just 5 miles outside of Yosemite Entrance or Catch the bus right here at the campground. Campfires allowed. Lots of activities for the kids. Dog Friendly. Creek near by to cool off during hot summer days.

Beautiful Quiet Lake

We reserved 2 group sites ,20 & 24 for one weekend. We had six families staying between the two sites. We fit 3 tents (2 large, 1 medium and 1 single person tent) in site 20 and there was no more room to fit a 4th tent without being to close to the campfire. We fit 3 large tents in site 24 and if you squeezed the tents closer together you could have fit a 4th.

There was a lot of shade in site 24, and a good amount in site 20.

Overall the campgrounds are very clean and the campgrounds are very quiet. They are walking distance to the horse stables.

Very nice

Very nice , loved camping right next to the river. Bathrooms were very clean.

Great spot feels secluded

I’m usually not a fan of maintained campgrounds, but with the wife and pup i knew things would go better with a few amenities. The location is good, about an hour to the Valley, the grounds though are great with lots of green and trees that separate the sites.

Left my heart ❤️ in June Lake

Perfect time of year to go to June Lake is when the snow is melting and running off into the lake. Some of The clearest water I have ever seen. The view is breathtaking and you jut never want to leave. We camped at the neighboring site called Oh Ridge. It wasn’t too bad,but the site was small and there were no trees. It really depends on where you pick your spot, so schedule soon.

Secluded camping

I’ve been going to Buckeye since I was a kid. It’s become a tradition in our family and I am excited to keep it alive. This is a great campground with several spots next the the creek. It has pit toilets and no longer has water spigots so make sure to bring your own water to cook and clean with. The dirt road up the mountain is a bit rough, but to me it is well worth it. The campground is quiet and out of the way, which is what camping should be!

Love but

Absolutely loved it here minus them saying they’re were rats with diseases. Watch out with your pets. Otherwise it was an absolutely gorgeous place

Quiet with big trees

Decent campground. 26 sites, most are not level and most of campground is loose dirt from side by side riders. I would stay here again. Biggest downfall is the dusty dirt everywhere. Trees are big and provide shade. I cannot speak for restrooms as I was in my travel trailer. Can accommodate larger RVs if you are adventurous and skilled getting into some sites. No reservations, first come first serve.

Awesome getting over ran by city folk! Trashing it!

Beautiful lake with a creek through the middle of the camp! Gorgeous always a bear that frequents the area! Great for boating fishing swimming and hiking!

So clean and well maintained

Went here for the first time a week ago with the family. Clean grounds and restrooms. Firewood sold on site for $7 a bundle, super reasonable. Easily found a campsite without a reservation. Nice hiking trails. Fishing spots all around the lake. Will def be back again soon

Great views

We stayed in A-27.If you want to relax , this was the spot,very quiet.we looked over the valley.Great morning and evenings.we will be going back.

Great central spot

Stayed on lot 51. Sunny until around 4, then quite shaded. Large lot with space for the dog to roam around on. Only one side has a neighbor, so it’s quite quiet.

Amenities: Vault toilet, water spigots, bear box, fire pit, grill, and camp hosts are friendly and helpful.

AMAZING. More isolated than nearby sites in Mammoth. Quick drive to Twin Lakes and to Convict Lake. Definitely worth the trip. Lots of great hiking options available.

Recommend!

The campsite was on a slant but not that bad. Bathrooms were clean, check in was seamless. Felt lucky to snag a reservation here!

Beautiful full of aspens!

This place is absolutely gorgeous!  Quite ,  little creek running through,  aspens all around,  high desert across the street amazing hikes lakes and beaver dams!  Waterfalls all within a short distance close to mono lake bodie ghost town,  and mono craters!

All-Time Favorite

It’s in Wawona where I discovered my love of the outdoors. It’s close enough to the valley for a day trip down there. There is so much to do in Wawona too though! It’s also really close to the Redwoods. It is a prime spot for a Yosemite trip.

Avoid No running water, terrible toilets, snake nests!

This place is full of snakes and bees. We stopped on the way up and no one was at the campsites because of snakes.

There’s such better camping at Edison, or mono, or even shaver lake.

I wouldn’t recommend Ward lake to anyone looking for a weekend camping trip.

There’s so much better out there

Magical grove provides peaceful shaded campground

Just a small walk to Happy Isles, which is the start to many good hiking trails. The campground is huge and not a lot of privacy at each site. Bathrooms nearby and picnic tables at each site. Came here for a Geomorphology College Class Trip and collected research for a project about rockfall safety in the valley. From camp one can hear the sound of occasional rocks cascading down from the mountain face behind camp.  Very crowded during spring and summer, book early! Such an incredible place that deserves to be kept pristine, do not forget to clean up after yourself so we may continue to share this experience with others after us.

Beautiful Camping on Shaver Lake

Plenty of campsites, must reserve in advance due to being popular. Easy walk to lakeside and boat ramp. Nice picnic area near lake. Camped with full hookups. Nice store and hospitality center with food, drinks and stock of camp supplies.