Yosemite National Park, CALIFORNIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Yosemite National Park Camping Reviews
Easy drive

Great place and very kind staff Clean area and nice camp sites Good prices

crowded and sites are close together

This campground seems more fitted to those using campers more so than those tent camping.

I saw very few tent campers and the RV's and tow behind campers were the majority here.

I managed to grab a decent site, I think it was 36.  Tucked in a wooded area not far from the restrooms.  Which are flush toilets and running water.  Clean and well maintained.

Site was a bit muddy and wasn't that easy to find a level spot for a tent.  A bit of garbage was left on site and trash in the bear box.  All sites have a picnic table, fire ring and bear box.

Noise level was higher than I prefer but then again if I'm not just hearing nature, it's too loud for me.

Pretty lakes, waterfalls and a nice area to venture around.

Traffic in Mammoth can get pretty busy.

Prepare for one hell of a drive, but it is WORTH it!

If you read a few of the other reviews there is mention of the road getting to Mono Hot Springs.  You can't describe enough what a crazy road it is.  Do not take the warnings lightly.  Your first drive down this road will leave you white knuckled.  But so worth it!

I was taking a fly fishing trip in the morning and figured I would camp the night.  All campsites were taken.  But there are tons of other sites that you can just set up camp.  Basically pull off any area and set up camp.

I ended up sharing a campsite with a couple adventure riders for the first night and second night set up camp with the fly fishing guide just off to the side of the main campground.

In the campground each site had a fire ring, cooking area and bear box.

The camp host was amazing and so sweet!  She even gave me some tips on where to fish.

Pit toilets but super clean and no stink at all.  Again the camp host does an amazing job.

They also offer cabins, an amazing restaurant, a little country type store and a spa type area, or so I am told I did not check that out.

There are a couple hot springs you can walk to, again I did not check those out.

I was there for fishing.

The river runs right close to the campsites and it is amazing fishing, I was told that it gets stocked often.

But the real gem is taking a drive around the roads around the area and finding more hidden fishing spots.

The quiet zone of Yosemite

Loved this campground.  At first, when booking, I was upset I wasn't able to get a site in the Valley area.  After arriving to Yosemite I couldn't be more thrilled to have stayed at Wawona.

Yes, it is a bit of a drive to get to the valley but the drive is beautiful when it is not jammed packed with cars.

I booked site 34 located in loop B.  It's a small site and it is slopped but there is a nice level spot for a smaller tent.

Had decent trees to break up the space between campsites.  With 34 you only have one campsite next to you.  The river is in clear view and a very short walk to get to it.

If you have seen any of my other reviews you will see, I'm all about the fishing so most of my sites, if possible, will be along rivers/streams/creeks.

Each site had a bear box, picnic table and fire ring.  Flush toilets and running water to fill up your containers.

Even though the campground was filled, you wouldn't have known it.  Very quiet and peaceful.  Some sites are closer to the road and I'm sure have road noise.  34 the only noise was the babbling river.

Long dirt roads often carry you to super camping

Be prepared for a long bumpy ride but it's well worth it!

There are several areas/loops to camp.  Driving in you will cross over a bridge and just up and off to your right you will see the parking area for the hot springs.

To the left just after crossing the bridge is a road you can pull off on and there is excellent fishing.

I grabbed campsite #28.  There are fire rings and picnic tables. 28 also is close to one of the pit toilets and also has a path down to the river.  It's a bit of a steep grade down to the river but worth it for the solitude while fishing.

Was super quiet even though there were a few campers close by.

Great shade from the trees.

Quiet, calm, peacefull, a hidden gem

Don't confuse Lundy Canyon campground for Lundy Lakes Campground.

You will actually pass these sites if you head to Lundy Lakes Campground.

This location was suggested to me by a local who told me to just skip on past June Lake campground and some of the more popular ones and I can't even begin to tell you how glad I was to pass those up to come here.

The roads within the campground can be a bit rough,muddy,rocky so if taking a car just take it slow.

I was able to snag a great site, actually it was a double site but luckily no one claimed the joined site.  Was right on the Mill creek which made for some super fun fly fishing for wild brown trout.

Sites have picnic tables, bear boxes and fire rings.  There are pit toilets, did not see any water but there could be and I missed them.

Aspen groves were glorious, the owls at night were beautiful to listen to.

A great, relaxing, pretty unknown campground.

Quiet and peaceful

Nice drive good place for hard core campers lots of hiking trails to hike up and down lots of places to explore in the falls are really cool good cold water coming off the mountain this is my new spot to camp in until I find another one ! THE SEARCH CONTINUES ! 😎

Peaceful Campsite

This secret campsite is located in a beautiful aspen grove! It is about 1/2 an hour from great hot springs. No cell service helps provide the off grid feeling.

Awesome Location

Amazing location! We camped across from the hot springs and got to watch the sunrise whilst enjoying hot springs. The dispersed camping offers many beautiful spots! The drive to the hot springs / campground can feel a little sketchy but really isn’t too bad.

Pinch Yourself

Being able to sleep under the stars in Yosemite Valley is a dream come true. The campground is crowded but the scenery makes up for it. Everywhere you look is an Ansel Adams portrait. Lots of trails leave from the surrounding area. Bathrooms are clean but its a trek to the showers. Have fun.

Cell Coverage: Verizon (Low)