Yosemite National Park, CALIFORNIA

Camping California Yosemite National Park
Most Recent Yosemite National Park Camping Reviews
Quiet and peaceful

Nice drive good place for hard core campers lots of hiking trails to hike up and down lots of places to explore in the falls are really cool good cold water coming off the mountain this is my new spot to camp in until I find another one ! THE SEARCH CONTINUES ! 😎

Peaceful Campsite

This secret campsite is located in a beautiful aspen grove! It is about 1/2 an hour from great hot springs. No cell service helps provide the off grid feeling.

Awesome Location

Amazing location! We camped across from the hot springs and got to watch the sunrise whilst enjoying hot springs. The dispersed camping offers many beautiful spots! The drive to the hot springs / campground can feel a little sketchy but really isn’t too bad.

Pinch Yourself

Being able to sleep under the stars in Yosemite Valley is a dream come true. The campground is crowded but the scenery makes up for it. Everywhere you look is an Ansel Adams portrait. Lots of trails leave from the surrounding area. Bathrooms are clean but its a trek to the showers. Have fun.

Cell Coverage: Verizon (Low)

Beautiful, Pristine

This campground is absolutely gorgeous. Their restrooms are clean, the Host go beyond to make your stay comfortable. Aaron and Solice are two of the camp host who were cleaning up before they close for the season, they offered us free firewood. They wanted to make sure we were settled in and were able to stay warm for the night. The grounds are kept very clean. They have easy access to clean water for your campsite. The bear storage boxes are large and able to hold a large marine cooler as well as several other items. You have easy access to the lake and the location is just perfect.

Easy Backpacking

Been car camping before but this was my first time backpacking - this site ROCKS! 6 mi mild to medium difficulty hike in. Toilets and running water, grills and picnic tables at the site. You can hear the ocean from the tent. No trees for hammocks or shade which might make it hot in the summer. Beach is a step away from the site and from there you can walk north to see some beautiful arches or south to alamere falls.

Ranger Review: Wenzel Grand Basin 10 tent at North Pines

North Pines is one of three campgrounds on the floor of Yosemite Valley. Across the Merced River from the other two campgrounds and adjacent to the horse stables, it is relatively isolated with no major roads running by it. Nevertheless, it is well connected to the rest of the valley amenities, with a quick walk to the bus station, a longer walk (1 mi) to the visitor center via the Valley Loop Trail, or a drive (if you don't mind braving traffic and searching for parking spaces).

The sites are not well defined. You have a place to park and besides that, it is a little of a free-for-all with the adjacent sites as to where you set up your gear. Despite that, we had plenty of room to set up our large 10 person tent, without feeling crowded or that we were overspilling our space. We were there the last weekend it was open (Oct 26/27) and all sites were booked. There are no hook-ups, and the comfort stations only have toliets and sinks (no showers), a fresh water faucet, and a disposal "toliet" for dish water. All dishes must be washed at camp. The facilities were fairly clean, though the disposal toilet often backed up.  Being late October, I was expecting very cold conditions. But the weather was great! 70s during the day and 40s at night. Clear skies. Absolutely beautiful.

Our site was located right next to the comfort station, and in hindsight I wish we had found a place a little farther away. But besides the proximity, our site was nice with a fire pit and picnic table. Quiet hours are from 1000-0600, and we had to remind our neighbor campers who came back drunk at midnight to shut it, but that seems to be more the normal than abnormal these days. There were mostly tents in the campground, with a few small RVs and trailers. Generators are allowed during limited hours, but the noise wasn't overwhelming, since they were few and far between.

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time. This weekend I got to test the Wenzel Great Basin 10 tent (https://wenzelco.com/great-basin-10/). Overall, my impression of this tent is that it is a solid and reliable tent. Yes, it has a few design items that could be improved for ease of use, but overall it served us well and I look forward to using it again. The tent is a domed center-opening design, with two side "rooms" that can be separated by zipped curtains, making three interior spaces total. My husband and I filled up on room with two large cots facing length wise (we had them oriented along center line and still had enough room to move along the sides). The other side has more than ample room for my daughter's small cot, which ran the width of the tent along the side window. Very comfortable for three people.

Yes, this is a huge tent. Can it be set up by one person? Probably, if that person is patient and tenacious. Two people work much better. A few design items we found annoying were the pole connections, which would frequently catch on the tent pole sleeves and center strap. Also, the zipper flap on the tent's door would frequently get caught in the zipper, making it almost a necessity to use two hands to open and close the tent. Besides these two small inconveniences, the tent worked great. The rain fly fits snug against the tent roof. The construction felt sturdy and we liked the design of the three interior rooms.

Overall, we had a fun two nights in Yosemite. We might make a tradition out of going for the closing weekend each year.

Overall, a pretty nice place

“Resort” might be an overstatement but it does have a pool, a few simple activities and a mostly nice staff (one lady was very rude and condescending when quoting the cancellation policy but this was remedied easily the next day by someone with better customer service skills), although it could use a little updating. Gravel roads make it dusty in the summertime. Views are not impressive for being close to Yosemite but it’s a decent base camp for trips into the park.

Beautiful. But cold at night

Cool camping site. But, dont listen to the weather app. It said it was going to be 35 to 40. But, actually was 20 degrees. So, pack smart. Bring extra water and firewood. Store is not near.

Nice and quiet and beautiful under the moonlight

We came here because Dardanelle was closed down and we are absolutely grateful for that. This quiet piece of gem sits next to the river which shone so beautiful under the silky moonlight. It is clean and well maintained.

Amazing experience

I like the place. Specially in the night. I like the way they have safety things.

Good

It’s a small campground just next to the lake so the place is nice. But spots are very small so you don’t have a lot of space and you live with your neighbors, no choice. Impossible to find the host and we had to go to another campground to pay! Flush toilets, drinkin water, pet allowed, nothing for your dish, No showers. Nice but not one of the best place to stay

Not the best

It’s a good place to stay when you are in Yosemite because it’s central and close to popular hikes. But spots are small and sanitary are old and not very clean. Hosts are kind and helpful. It’s full all days and it’s a huge campground so there is a lot of people but still quite. Good enough but not the best campground!

Lower pines

Super confidently placed site to go to different areas of the park. Also close to trailheads.

Boating

Great place to wakeboard, jet ski, fish, and BBQ.

So much love for this place

What can I say- I LOVE convict lake. I’ve been coming here for 20+ years with my family for reunions. We always camp but have stayed in the cabins years ago. Used to go over Labor Day weekend but changed to June but the weather is always wonderfully warm during the day and brisk-chilly at night. There are some sites that have a great locations to the bridge that connects to the road for easy access to the general store. Some shady sites and others are exposed to the direct sun. Great fishing in the creek- it is stocked. You can find some quiet spots around the lake to relax, read, and soak up the sun if you aren’t into fishing. Bathrooms and sites are very well kept. I always stop here for a quick view even when driving home from mammoth. Worth it every time.

Boondockers welcome!

We boondocked in Inyo National Forest just last weekend, September 27-29, and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. The location was incredible, there were fellow boondockers around, but not too close, and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. There is no water on site that we found, but we knew that going in. Our rig was 58' long and we had no issues getting in or out. We enjoyed Jeeping on the trails in Inyo National Forest, and we enjoyed the peace and quiet. We will be back.

I definitely need to go here again!

This place is awesome! Everyone there was very nice and I made some good memories. There are lots of places to hike and explore around there. My favorite part was getting to see the horses running in the field next to where I camped.

All Alone!

I really enjoyed this spot. We were the only ones there so we had everything to ourselves. There is a ranger on site that has firewood for sale but he also informs you that you can use any wood that is on the ground. Too many trees to count surround you and create a shady spot to hang. There are trails nearby including one that takes you to Chilkoot Creek where there is a natural showering spot.

Amazing!

We loved this cute family owned and operated RV Park! They have tent sites as well as full and partial hookup sites for RVs. Showers, restrooms and laundry were Immaculate. Property is beautiful and well manicured. This is a fantastic campground if you plan on visiting Yosemite as it is only 12 miles from the main entrance and about 1 mike from HWY 120. Staff were very helpful and friendly and make you feel so welcome. Thank you Beaver Family! So fun to see all of the travelers come in on foot or in their RVs from all over the World. The only reason this gets a 4 star review is site size and no wood fires. You are very close together with minimal room outside your trailer.

Great views

Was here the weekend after Labor Day and it was practically empty. Intended on staying at Rock Creek but since they were full, I swung in here and was pleasantly surprised. Snagged a spot with a great view of the mountains and had the surrounding area and bathroom all to myself. Sites are nice, bathrooms well kept, and it’s an easy location to get to all trailheads.

easy access to beautiful

minutes walk form many trail heads and beautiful views. also close to a small store. some of the sites are VERY close together so choose wisely! all the ameneties are easy to access.

Cool hide away sites

I had site 61. It was right off the road but next the creek. It was neatly tucked away and was very peaceful.

Isolated and Perfect

Unsure what everyone is talking about below in regards to "beaches" or "showers", this is right off 108 and as you can see on the map it's nowhere near beaches… I think there is some confusion. Maybe two mill creek campgrounds in Cali? I'll explain my experience. This campground is only 8 DOLLARS A NIGHT Y'ALL. This is because it does NOT have any running water whatsoever. Luckily we packed in enough jugs to be totally fine. Obviously this also accounts for showers. There are no showers. There also isn't a bear box on site. But the host explained bears weren't an issue in that specific area and to follow normal rules of putting it away in the car. It was fine. The host was thorough and caring, thanks Duane! The site was raked up before we got there and was very kept. So were the bathrooms, even though our campsite was pretty far away from it. Our campsite had some large rocks nearby we loved to climb on, you'll see pictured. A small creek nearby that was very very low. We were the only ones in that side of the campground and it was seriously awesome. Lake Donnell has a vista point nearby that is easy to get to, paved and all. Overall, if you're okay without water, this site is beautiful, isolated and cared for. I recommend it! Just be ready to swat away the bees when you eat. 🐝

Gods Country

Great camping, fishing , Hiking. Friendly people all around.

Very impressed.

We've been coming to the Mammoth Lakes area for years with our travel trailer.  This time we left it at home and took the tent.  We've never stayed in this area before and we were definitely surprised how nice this campground is.  We stay here on a Saturday night after doing some hiking int he Rock Creek area.  This place had everything we needed for an overnighter.  The campsites a spacious and there are quite a few near the creeks on either side of the campground.  I would recommend this place to anybody looking for a nice place to stay while visiting the area.  We will definitely be back.

Nice campground.

Decent campground close to everything you could imagine for the outdoors adventure.  Only stayed for one night to stage for a hike up into Little Lakes Valley the next day.  Has the basic essentials (picnic table, bear locker, water and bathrooms) nearby.  The sites are relatively private.  We arrived on a Thursday night and there were plenty of open sites to choose from.  Will definitely keep this place in mind for future visits.

Great location

Gets you right to the middle of the park, some sites on a slight hill but most were flat and private. Decent bathroom and dish wash tub and bear boxes provided

Clean campground with tons of space!

It was our first time camping in Mammoth Lakes and arrived without reservation at the campgrounds near Lake Mary and Lake George. After driving around we ended up picking site 24 at Coldwater Campground. The other campgrounds were packed, and the sites felt pretty tight. Coldwater was less crowded and the sites had plenty of room. Site 24 was near the stream with lots of flat areas to pitch tents, bear locker, fire pit and picnic table. The campground host was great and very welcoming! We purchased our wood on site for $7/bundle which was consistent with the prices in town. I would highly recommend staying here if you want some peace and quiet while camping. It was walking distance to Lake Mary and several trail heads.

Fun at June Lake

This was our first time here at June Lake RV Park. Easy walk to Gull and June Lake loop. Went to Bodie National Sate Park and Lee Vining.

The owner is very friendly and helpful. The park is small and quaint. It also has a cabin that can be rented out.  There is full hookups, no public restrooms. Even though they advertise there is WiFi it’s a very poor signal.