Yosemite National Park , CALIFORNIA

Camping California Yosemite National Park

Most Recent Yosemite National Park Camping Reviews
Great place!

We had a blast here. You’re 25 miles from the park entrance, on a straight path. The sites were a great space and the pool and playground was a lot of fun of the kids. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Fallen trees

Pretty much says it in the title. Fortunately, was exploring with just the jeep for a campsite near south entrance yosemite. Would have had a really hard time getting turned around with teardrop trailer. Don't bother trying this spot. It will take many many months for the road to be cleared. Have a feeling most roads in the area have downed trees. Was told they had a storm with 90+ mph winds that have trees down everywhere. Recommend just exploring the area with tow vehicle first if you have trailer/rv

Couldn't stay due to wildfires

The day I arrived the governor had closed the state parks statewide due to the wildfires. Reserved the whole week with recreation.gov and was promptly refunded those funds. No complaints the assistant host was awesomely suoee helpful.

Would have been better w/o the wildfires.

The staff/owners were awesome even in a semi-crisis. This was during the California wildfires. I would recommend this RV park/campground they have ample space for both. Every site has a bear box. The one night I stayed there were at least 2-3 bear incursions into the grounds.

Awesome place!!

This place was great. You’re 25 miles from the entrance of Yosemite. The resort has a great pool and playground for the kids. We stayed here 3 nights not could’ve stayed here a week easy.

Great place with cell phone reception on some spots (Verizon)

The spot I got was next to the busy access to hot springs and is right before the sign the prohibits camping. For direction I recommend you not use the coordinates on Dyrt as the location is not accurate. Type in travertine hot springs on google so you find the road and any open spots to your left and right are ok to camp.

Great camping

We have been camping here for years it's a great camp ground and the river is very shallow in most spots and good for fishing and just past the 1st bridge into the camp ground there is a great hiking trail along side of the river you just have to climb over a few boulders then it an easy hike from there well until you hike back up the trail that is.

Everything you could want!

We visited on a Tuesday in late April and there was only one other couple on the opposite end of the campground. There's also a very nice attendant who lives on site who wen saw the next morning and recommended a hike that is accessible from the camp that hike is very nice but not very shaded. I would recommend doing that early morning.

The site itself is amazing. It has a thw beautiful river wrapping around it which you can easily walk down to and play in. There are tons of wild flowers and some geese as well.

We stayed in a campervan so I cannot comment on the toilets but this site overall was very clean.

I recommend 100% and will definitely be back. This is a new favorite. Very relaxing and beautiful.

Very close to Yosemite

I couldn’t believe the short drive to the Yosemite entrance. It took 5-10 min to get there and from there about 30-45 to get to the valley. The person checking us in was very nice and genuine. The bathrooms were clean and the showers were available!! Beautiful grounds. Was able to get WiFi at the laundry mat.

Very Nice

We stay here every year for a week. There are campsites right on the creek and others that aren't. Everything is spaced out well and it is well maintained. We enjoy it.