Phoenix, ARIZONA

Most Recent Phoenix Camping Reviews
Highly recommended

We decided to brave Lake Pleasant on a holiday weekend. We were delighted that the campground was clean, well maintained, and staffed with incredibly friendly and helpful folks. The hike to the marina provided its own entertainment and a chance to get ahold of some authentic KC BBQ.

LOVE LOVE LOVE

The greatest RV park I’ve stayed at and I’ve been traveling for 5 years. The office gals and owner were so great. The price was reasonable. The pool was great. The spots are a little close together and 1/2 of the laundry machines were out but all the other stuff made up for it. It’s a great park. If you’re in the north PHX area, I would highly recommend this park.

Gorgeous well-appointed park, sites are challenging for longer rigs

You really can’t miss with Maricopa County Parks. The landscape and appeal of Lake Pleasant is quite a bit different from places like McDowell Mountain, Usery, and Cave Creek. It may seem strange to say we were fortunate to be at Lake Pleasant in inclement weather but it brought out insane levels of dramatic beauty looking out over the saguaros. We were only able to score two nights there but boy howdy we got a show.

The sites at Pleasant Lake are a bit more difficult to manage than other Maricopa parks. The terrain is more challenging in terms of slope and they are not as spatially generous, also because of slopes. Still totally worth it but you’ll have to work harder to get into your site. We had to hastily block the road while we dropped the toy hauler ramp to unload the sidecar before we could back in properly. We were fortunate in that no one came by in the time we feverishly did that, sensitive to not messing up others’ experiences and creating a roadblock, even for a few minutes.

Because it’s tight, we had to summon our best marshalling skills to back in and not tag the palapa at the site. But once in, the site was very level and no more work was needed to get settled. Cue up happy hour!

Sites are paved and restroom/bath facilities are in line with all of Maricopa parks. Which means, well-maintained and very agreeable. But because Maricopa parks are well-deservedly popular, book hella in advanced for peak season. They’re popular for a reason. Note for those who carry“toys”: on the way out we made use of a larger, group parking area to load the sidecar. Depending on your site, you may want to consider unloading your tow-in/hauled vehicle at a larger parking area before getting to your campsite. Next time(now that we know the site challenges), we certainly will.

Not good...

All of the campsights and rv sights feel like they are inches apart. The campground has a $25 "cleaning" fee if you leave it dirty. however, we water bottles in the stand up grill and multiple tent spikes sticking half way out of the ground. The bathrooms were atrocious. You could smell them at least 40 feet out and there was vomit in the sink…. Only reason this gets two stars is for the lake. You can get a waterfront sight and spend the weekend just fishing.

Dispersed campground awesome place

Pick up after ppl

One of the prettiest AZ state parks there is!

This is by far one of the prettiest AZ state parks I have camped at and I've been to most of them. This place is only about 30 minutes from my house, how lucky am I!

I was there in late January and the weather was comfy in the day and cool- cold at night. It is a very windy place, so make sure to tie everything down and have some sort of wind shelter in the afternoon if your not hiking and just hanging out at camp. The hiking is plentiful, the people around are nice, the views are awesome and there are plenty of wild life to see. Going back in November… Can't wait

So cute and unique

I stayed here for almost a month and the park is so cute, tons of work has been done on it to make it truly fabulous. I brought my car on the trip but didn’t need it as I biked and walked mostly everywhere. This is a Phenomenal location, I have friends who live in north scottsdale and they say it’s the only park of its kind and the only trailer park serving the carefree area, where I came to work. I will definitely be back if they have availability, next time I want to try out staying in one of the vintage trailers they have been fixing up.

Clean, safe and well maintained overnight stop.

Really happy with this koa journey. Thoughtfully organized with large pull through spots, picnic tables and loca cactus flare. Good for a roadtrip stop.

Wide open spaces

Very nice clean campground and extremely private! No sewer, however electric and water are available and conveniently located. NO shade however and in the summer it is HOT! Desert surround's and lots you singing coyotes at night and early morning! Huge sites with picnic tables and fire rings. Restroom are big and well cleaned. Love this park!

If you want to enjoy Arizona...

This is the place to do it. Beautiful lake and even better desert scenery. The RoadRunner campsite has water and electrical hooks ups (no sewer) and each spot is adequately spaced so you don’t feel crowded. Two dump stations conveniently places (with water!!) to make leaving a breeze. Make a reservation for when the weather gets nice (Late October to mid May).

20 minutes north of Phoenix and close shopping, restaurants, and Scorpion Bay (the best restaurant on water!!)