San Diego, CALIFORNIA

Most Recent San Diego Camping Reviews
Good small quiet campground

Nice campground up in the mountains, pretty small and really quiet. Probably about 60% of the campers live there full time. Great campground if your just trying to stay at your campsite and relax. There is a nice lake to go to about 20 minutes up the road, lake Henshaw. Only reason I’m giving it 4 stars is because the crazy ruts on most the campsites to pull into your site. Was pulling a pop up camper with a Toyota Sequoia and bottom out a few times. But definitely worth checking out if your looking for a weekend up in the mountains relaxing

Really enjoyed!

I really like this campground! The bathrooms are very clean and well maintained! The campground features a creek that runs through the tent sites towards the back! There were so many frogs and tadpoles! The creek eventually flows into a pond located on the other end of the campground. The pond is actually pretty large! Lots of space to walk around and explore. There is quite a bit of poison oak in the area, however you are in an old oak tree grove so it’s inevitable. Every other site was occupied in order to maintain new physical distancing requirements, the added privacy is great. Site 59 has to be one of the best tent sites, right on the creek with bathrooms close by. Lots of families so it was a little loud at some points of the day with all the kids running around, but not too much of an annoyance. Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. It is far enough from the main highway that you feel like you’re out in the woods. I would stay here again!

Great!

I have stayed here a few different times, each time I’ve stayed in different campsites. The campsites in the first loop nearest the ranger station definitely have the nicest, cleanest bathrooms. The bathrooms over in the tent loop towards the back sites 60-100ish have a much smaller bathroom however during the summer they were filled with all sorts of bugs, both flying and crawling. Even saw a huge rat crawl up the wall into the shower. But you’re out in the woods so you can’t be too mad at that. The trails are very accessible and distributed all throughout the campground. There is a creek but I’ve never seen it with water, maybe in the early spring after the rains it flows? Lots of wildlife also! I’ve seen mule deer, turkeys and so many different birds like western blue birds, woodpeckers and the occasional hawk! This place is off to the side and secluded so it really does feel like you’re out in the woods and not at a developed campground five miles away from the town of Julian. If you’ve never been to Julian you have to try some of their apple pie! It’s what they are known for! Overall, this campsite is family friendly, clean and easy to get to!

Clean & great for families

We visit this site a few times a year. Always clean, plenty of shade at most sites. Pic is view from spot 80.

Great campground

This campground is amazing. I was there for a couple days this last week. It is so clean. The hosts and manager are so friendly and helpful. They are all very conscious about the coved crisis. They all where masks, and keep all of the facilities extremely clean. They clean the bathrooms and showers multiple times a day. They also make multiple rounds through the campgrounds to ensure everything is ok and bring wood to the campers. The camp sites themselves are also very clean. You'd be hard pressed to find a gum wrapper on the ground. My wife and I are definitely planning on going back this year. Be aware: if you want to be guaranteed a campsite reserve one in advance. There are still some first come first serve sites, but many are reservable.

Fantastic Campground!

I will definitely be here again! We camped as a group in the more remote part, towards Little Blair Valley. We came in March during the super bloom and it was still very cold at night. We did have a huge gust of wind pick up around 3am and took one of our tents out, but a little adjustment and new placement the next day and it didn’t happen again. It was pet friendly, we had 2 little dogs that loved their stay as much as we did. No running water, or bathrooms (except for a 10 min drive back to the entrance), we were allowed a ground fire at the time. Campsite itself was really great, boy, could you see some stars! Found a trail at some point that led to a rock with petroglyphs and i hope I can find that trail again! Forever in love with Anza!

Breath Taking!

We did a very primitive trip here; riding motorbikes from LA up to Yosemite.

Toured with Wilderness Collective. AMAZING people based out of LA.

The trails are honestly some of the most gorgeous I have ever seen.

There were some bears nearby - prepare for that! Oh & it was pretty chilly in the fall.

Bring what you need. And ready yourself to be humbled by the majesty of your surroundings

Full time

A lot of full timers. Decent place.

Solid campground

This place is a good campground but the sites are to close together. A few hiking trails in the area but the best option is a 30 minute drive to a 3 pool gorge that you can swim and frolick in.

Great place close to San diego.

Only open match to october. Very quiet during week. Busy during weekends. Clean restrooms. Slot of Pacific coast trail hikers going north in spring.