Equestrian
About Badlands Interior Campground

The owner's Rick & Dawn Tilson, look forward to making your stay a memorable experience. Only 1 mile from the Badlands National Park, we are the closest Full service Campground. Amenities: Restaurant, Store, Swimming Pool, Fire Pits, Free Wi Fi and everything from Tent to Full hookup pull thru sites. We also have a 22 unit Motel, Badlands Interior Budget Host.

Being 1 mile from Badlands National Park where wildlife of all kinds abound, is a beautiful backdrop for our Campground. The Campground is AAA approved and is a Good Sam park.The only campground where you can have a fire and view the Badlands from your site. The RV sites are 45' to 100' long pull thru and have Water & electric or Full hookup. We are a 10 minute walk to the town of Interior and 2 miles to the National park visitors center. We are close to area attractions Wall Drug, Praire Homestead, Minuteman Missile Museum, Helicopter tours, Wounded Knee, Badlands Petrified gardens ect…

Blackhills attractions are 1 to 2.5 hours away by way of scenic county highways.

Private
Badlands Interior Campground is located in South Dakota
15 Reviews of Badlands Interior Campground
Solid and just outside Badlands NP

Nothing special about the campsites here (not very spread out and just off the main road), but they provide a good view of the badlands and it’s very close to the park itself.

Main problem was that, given the amount of storms that roll through in the summer, you’d hope the campgrounds were a little raised. I picked the highest spot I could and the tent still flooded a bit during a heavy storm that night. When I got up the next morning, other spots were in much worse condition, though. Basically ponds everywhere and the one couple a few sites down from me had to move in the middle of the night because the flooding got so bad. May have been a particularly bad storm, but the lady said that there are a lot of big storms that roll through at that time of year (mid August)

(Make sure your tent is durable in the wind and staked down really well because if a t-storm does roll through, the winds can exceed 50mph easily. It was a good test for my tent and I was lucky that it survived.)

The owner was really nice though and let me come back the next afternoon to shower after hiking in the Badlands all morning (despite not staying that night).

Great site near visitors center

Great amenities. Not officially inside the park but very very close. Great views and great staff

Badlands beautiful

This campground was great - it was fairly easy to get to (in an RAV4) and in the park which I liked a lot. They had rangers come and do some demonstrations which was fun. Only downsides were a lot of other campers and that morning heat.

Very cool

camping in badlands is like camping on mars. No trees, hard ground- plan accordingly. This is actually the land of a small motel so it’s super basic. But there’s a little store and restaurant and bathrooms.

Walk to Badlands Natl Park

The Tilson’s keep their campground and motel well maintained, have hookups for campers, and fire rings for campsites. Can purchase wood from them. Amazing view of the Badlands, and can walk into the park. beautiful pastures with horses surround. minutes from Highway 90.

Basic campground with beautiful views

Ccampground with basic amenities (small pool, clean showerhouse) and attached motel for those who prefer to stay indoors. Storms can come up quickly in this part of the country and blow through unexpectedly so make sure your tent/camper is well secured!

Great views!

We had a FHU site for our travel trailer. The sites are level, although a bit close to each other. There is some shade which was welcome! We had great views of the Badlands National Park since this campground is located just outside the park. Bathrooms are a bit dated, but adequate.

Close to hiking

A pretty minimal campground but they had the essentials. I loved that it was close to hiking trails and the views were amazing.

Convenient

The campground was convenient for the short amount of time we had to explore. Although, camp sites lacked shade and were closer than we would have liked. Grounds were neat and tidy but showers could be cleaner and updated. All in all, not bad.

Big sites

This is a minimalist campground. Know that coming in. Not a lot of trees but nice bathrooms and shower houses. Went over mothers day weekend and it was raining. The plan was to backpack but I opted for the campground not knowing what Mother Nature was going to throw at me. Opted to use my hamock to stay off the wet ground. Turned the picnic shelter into a covered hammock set up. Great little restaurant where I treated myself to a mother’s day Indian taco and bottle of adventurer wine!