Denver, COLORADO

Most Recent Denver Camping Reviews
Beware of the Wind

It is such an adventure to get to the peak. Many animals along the way to watch and admire. The wind is so strong that it can take your car window off. Must try those donuts since you're at top.

No one cleans here

Okay…. the beauty of this campground called for a rating of FIVE stars. However, during our 2-3 days of camping, NO ONE emptied garbage or cleaned bathrooms, showers, etc. NOT OKAY!

There is an ON-SITE campground host. What does he do? NOTHING that we could see. Bummer… this place is gorgeous!

Very nice campground - No electric or sewer.

We spent two nights at Kelly Dahl in our Class C motorhome and it thoroughly met our needs. The site is clean, orderly and not crowded. Apparently, in season it's tough to get a spot, but we had no problem getting one in the first come first serve section. Sites 1 - 20 are fcfs and 21 - 46 can be reserved. There are vault toilets and water. The sites each have a picnic table and a flat area for a tent, or in our case, a screened sitting tent. We didn't spend much time at the campsite. It's so close to outstanding hikes that we spent our days away visiting local mountain trails and hanging out in Nederland. (My wife found a small boutique that she enjoyed a lot.) Great pizza place and it's just ten minutes from the campsite, but feel like many more miles away. We recommend it highly.

Breath Taking Views

Amazing facilities. Clean, newly constructed, modern restroom building. Campground has lovely rocky cliff side view with a small river running along the walk-in tent area.

My Herman dispersed camping

I noticed on here that it says there's water hookups and electric and Sewer excetera however this is dispersed camping and does not have any type of amenities at all. if you go up to the Meadows or thunder ridge it is a pay campgrounds and they do not have electrical water are sewer but they do have restrooms if I am remembering correctly. It's been 15 years since I've been up there to camp. Now if you're talking about the dispersed camping this is where all the kids from Monument and the areas go up to party on the weekends and it can get pretty Rowdy from what I understand. It's a beautiful area up there I could have it that but you need to be careful and Camp away from the kids.

Lake of the Rockies

This place is closed and needs to be taken off of the map.

Maiden Voyage

Just bought our adventure van and decided to try it close to home so we could understand how everything worked. The campground is clean and quiet, I made a quick stop in the facilities and everything was well maintained. I didn’t love the campground feel … I felt like I was very close to other campers. Now that I know our camper van is in complete working order, we will be doing more dispersed camping - trying to get away from it all - isn’t that what camping is all about?

Awesome.

This place is absolutely wonderful, a lot of things to do there. This is no way a place to compare with Yogi Bear. Totally two different kind of places. Yogi is for kids and Colorado Heights is for everyone. It has mini golf, trails, game room, swimming pool, activities, dinners, monthly themes, movie nights etc… it's am absolutely wonderful place.

3 dam lake

Location good for rocky mountain national park & brewery nirvana: Longmont, berthoud, loveland, & ft Collins. $$$36/nite+$9/day entry. Electric only, vault toilets.

A Colorado gem!

This was our second visit to Pinewood Lake and while some things stayed the same others were much the same.  Our first visit last fall was during the final stages of a blizzard.  Not to be outdone this visit we arrived last week on the tail of an early September snowstorm!  But the weather cleared quickly and all was well with great weather the rest of the weekend. This was our first visit with an on duty camp host  and I must say that they were wonderful.  The campgrounds were spotless, as were the restrooms.  Camping during wildfire season in Colorado means fire bans but we found a way around that small obstacle.   This lake is a great getaway and offers a ton of things to do.  Hiking, fishing, kayaking and paddle boarding to name a few.  The views of the lake and surrounding valley are the Colorado foothills at their finest.