Camping in Platte Colony

30 Reviews of 12 Platte Colony, South Dakota Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Just a quick stop

We stayed just one night and didn't have the opportunity to experience all this campground had to offer. We had a pull-through site in a part of the campground that felt more like a parking lot. The rest of the campground had more trees and space. It's a beautiful area, right on the river. The kids…

Angela W.
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great place to stay!

This is a beautiful campground to visit. Nice size lots, and lovely scenery. We enjoy fishing, walking the trails, and seeing the wildlife.

• beautiful sunset
  • fishing
  • relaxing atmosphere.
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Easy access

Right off I90. Level site and large. Went in April, had my choice of site. Office closed, drop off box. Walking distance to convenience store, restaurant and grocery store. Largest laundry room I've seen since started traveling in August 2020. No change machine though.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Easy access

Tila H.
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2021

Best camp site

This is a really good camp site we have camp their for a long time. It has good bathrooms

Paul  G.
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2020

Good, just off the interstate CG

Easy access from the interstate. Some highway noise. Sites are close, however facilities are very well maintained. River easy bike ride away. Restaurant just a walk across the street.

Morgan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Camping on the River

This was a very pleasant surprise. I normally do not go to campsites (that is put in for context) but was passing through on a business trip and needed a place with electric hookups. After a Harvest Host disaster I found this. Like I said, very pleasantly surprised. While there were a lot of…

DJ H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

A Little Crowded, But Nice Views

Basically a nice parking lot with trees. Nice walking/bike trails. Small beach area, lots of rocks! View out across the Missouri River was nice!

S
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2020

Had what I was looking for

Needed a camping spot for some hunting I was doing in the area. This worked great. Had good spots for pitching a tent and had fire rings for a camp fire. Vault toilets were located in the camping area as well.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2020

Fairly good and not busy

We arrived and only one other person was there. There was no host or staff there. There were signs saying you must get approved firewood but no one was there to get the firewood which was frustrating. Clean bathrooms and showers, water provided so it worked out good anyways.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2020

Great campground

This campground is smaller but we have a 44 ft fifth wheel toy hauler and we had plenty of room. Their sites are close but it really was not a problem there is so much room to walk and places to sit and enjoy the sunsets. The showers were very clean with good hot water. We wi stay there again!!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Quiet Spots Down By The River

The best way to describe this place is to say it’s Labor Day weekend and there are still riverfront spots open. It’s very quiet, most spots are totally exposed to the sun, there’s 2 bars of LTE for Verizon and AT&T which is plenty good enough to work. There are multiple entrances but there is a…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2020

Easy Access

Really nice pull through sites with water, electric and sewer. $30 per nite. Some shady sites. Very little road noise. No Bathroom or shower access. Plenty of area to walk a dog with nice grass.

Dene H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2020

Clean and a nice water view

It was a clean campground with shaded tables and pull through spots. Some spots are split in half so you’re right next to neighbors. Boat launch is right next to the campground. Showers and flushing toilets were clean and free.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2020

Beautiful campsite on the Missouri river

Beautiful and peaceful setting on the Missouri River. If you pick a site on the water (as we did) you can enjoy a beautiful sunset over the Missouri River and the rolling hills of the southern shore. Most sites have some shade as well, which was a pleasant surprise for the area. Although the park…