Camping in Platte Colony

41 Reviews of 22 Platte Colony, South Dakota Campgrounds

Angela W.
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great place to stay!

This is a beautiful campground to visit. Nice size lots, and lovely scenery. We enjoy fishing, walking the trails, and seeing the wildlife.

• beautiful sunset
  • fishing
  • relaxing atmosphere.
VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Easy access

Right off I90. Level site and large. Went in April, had my choice of site. Office closed, drop off box. Walking distance to convenience store, restaurant and grocery store. Largest laundry room I've seen since started traveling in August 2020. No change machine though.

VThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Easy access

Tila H.
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2021

Best camp site

This is a really good camp site we have camp their for a long time. It has good bathrooms

S
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2020

Great stay along the way

This KOA in Kennebec has been a good stop over for us when traveling through South Dakota. Kennebec is a sleepy town off of I-90, and this KOA seems to be the life of the town.

The staff has been welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. The facilities seem well cared for and clean. For our…

Shelly S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2020

Not much going on

Kennebec KOA, SD

Next to Bowling Green, Ky KOA this is my least favorite KOA so far. I can see no reason to use this KOA except as a last minute/everything else is full , one night stop. OR ITS HUNTING SEASON.zz There are two “restaurants” in local bars. A cafe that’s open mornings and that’s…

Paul  G.
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2020

Good, just off the interstate CG

Easy access from the interstate. Some highway noise. Sites are close, however facilities are very well maintained. River easy bike ride away. Restaurant just a walk across the street.

Morgan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Camping on the River

This was a very pleasant surprise. I normally do not go to campsites (that is put in for context) but was passing through on a business trip and needed a place with electric hookups. After a Harvest Host disaster I found this. Like I said, very pleasantly surprised. While there were a lot of…

Jesse S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Clean and quite

We like this spot The people were awesome we had so much fun. Not the best fishing but the weather was amazing. The site pad were laid out well. We had a picnic table. And a fire pit.

DJ H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 20, 2020

A Little Crowded, But Nice Views

Basically a nice parking lot with trees. Nice walking/bike trails. Small beach area, lots of rocks! View out across the Missouri River was nice!

Elena T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2020

Great Option

Was perfectly situated on our way from our trip to the Badlands/Black Hills. The camp was located right off the highway so had a little bit of traffic noise. Had all the necessary hook ups. A solid option.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2020

Fairly good and not busy

We arrived and only one other person was there. There was no host or staff there. There were signs saying you must get approved firewood but no one was there to get the firewood which was frustrating. Clean bathrooms and showers, water provided so it worked out good anyways.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2020

Great campground

This campground is smaller but we have a 44 ft fifth wheel toy hauler and we had plenty of room. Their sites are close but it really was not a problem there is so much room to walk and places to sit and enjoy the sunsets. The showers were very clean with good hot water. We wi stay there again!!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Quiet Spots Down By The River

The best way to describe this place is to say it’s Labor Day weekend and there are still riverfront spots open. It’s very quiet, most spots are totally exposed to the sun, there’s 2 bars of LTE for Verizon and AT&T which is plenty good enough to work. There are multiple entrances but there is a…

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2020

Easy Access

Really nice pull through sites with water, electric and sewer. $30 per nite. Some shady sites. Very little road noise. No Bathroom or shower access. Plenty of area to walk a dog with nice grass.