Camping in Gray Goose

20 Reviews of 7 Gray Goose, South Dakota Campgrounds

Michael B.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Travelerz 2 review

Nice campground in Murdo, SD. The directions take you the wrong way, it is actually located at 303 E 5th St. They have laundry and showers. The office opens at 4 pm but if you get there earlier the owner will check you in if you call to let him know your there, very nice people. We enjoyed our…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Rv Park Basics

Nice, clean, well maintained private park. My downsides, sites very close together and pricey at $50/night for a one-night stop. Much prefer state/national parks.

Kimberly L.
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Get in touch with nature here!

Friendly staff came to greet us late. SUPER clean, bathrooms were spotless Also Affordable- & convenient Obviously they really care about their property- Very tidy, cute, quiet - The birdsong was so lovely!

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Just what we were looking for!

Beautiful remote campground! We were the only campers. The campground was easy to find from directions on here. The vault toilet was clean. We saw so many birds, deer, fish & turtles, and of course, the beautiful landscape.

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 10, 2021

Convenient, inexpensive and easy

We went here last minute on way to Badlands SD. Easy to find with full hookup. Not pricy. Good for a short stay. Quiet and safe ( on premises of hotel). Showers OK but could have been warmer.

Melissa B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2021

Gorgeous Hideaway in the Pines!

We enjoyed our stay at Big Pines June 2020. There were very attentive and helpful. I also liked the delivery service they offer, so as we packed our lunch for the day, they brought us ice. I also had lots of questions as a first time camper puller and they were helpful, gave us an easy back in site…

Jesse S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2020

Great fishing

We found a great fishing hole here. Had a great time did not see any camping site although the signs did say you could camp. I had no troubles and used my roof top tent.

Don O.
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2020

Awesome!

Stayed here one night on the way to My Rushmore. Checkin super easy and she made a great dinner recommendation for the best burger in Custer. Campground was peaceful, set in the trees, and we saw hot air balloons over head in the morning with some friendly wild turkeys walking through. Overall,…

Caleb C.
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2020

Awesome place

Middle of nowhere. Awesome to get away! Has pit toilet on site that was cleaner than any public restroom I’ve ever seen. Go about 5 miles down gravel road to get here, did it in RV, just take it slow, lots of washboarding. Good fishing here, also!

Lucas
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2020

Awesome dispersed camping

Was pleasantly surprised when I rolled in and saw this beautiful spot. Just a few grouse hunters and me for the time I spent there. Very clean bathroom and awesome fishing in the reservoir. Certainly recommend.

Jonathan
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2020

Hidden gem

This is a great place to camp for anybody. Traveling through perfect to camp in. Looking to just camp for a few nights and relax this is a great relaxing spot. With a simple toilet, and plenty of room for any and all campers. Plenty of room for Van and RV’s too.

C
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2020

Great Campground!

We stopped here on our way across South Dakota, and it was the perfect place. It’s right off the interstate and is extremely well-managed and clean. They have lots of yard space to walk dogs along their property, and the staff was incredibly nice and helpful throughout our stay!

M
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2020

Very Peaceful

Nice place with very friendly and helpful staff. The camp was very full when we were there but oddly very quiet. The breeze blowing through the pine trees was very peaceful and relaxing. We would definitely stay here again!

Jeffrey J.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2020

Unexpected

Beautiful, clean park. Decent sized lots. Bathrooms clean. Staff was super. I highly recommend this place.

B
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2020

National grassland dispersed camping

National Grassland dispersed camping.

Vault toilet, lots of space for several sites.

1 bar of Verizon LTE.