Camping in Grass Ranch Colony

21 Reviews of 7 Grass Ranch Colony, South Dakota Campgrounds

Angela W.
Reviewed May. 4, 2021

Great place to stay!

This is a beautiful campground to visit. Nice size lots, and lovely scenery. We enjoy fishing, walking the trails, and seeing the wildlife.

• beautiful sunset
  • fishing
  • relaxing atmosphere.
Tila H.
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2021

Best camp site

This is a really good camp site we have camp their for a long time. It has good bathrooms

Lane N.
Reviewed Feb. 19, 2021

Clean, plenty of shade.

We stopped at the Mitchell KOA twice in 2020. It's located very close to the highway (tho no noise). Decent sized pull thru sites with lots of big shade trees. Bathrooms and showers were clean. Did not use the pool. Small camp store. Staff was very friendly. Cheapest KOA we have stayed in.

Morgan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Camping on the River

This was a very pleasant surprise. I normally do not go to campsites (that is put in for context) but was passing through on a business trip and needed a place with electric hookups. After a Harvest Host disaster I found this. Like I said, very pleasantly surprised. While there were a lot of…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Quiet Spots Down By The River

The best way to describe this place is to say it’s Labor Day weekend and there are still riverfront spots open. It’s very quiet, most spots are totally exposed to the sun, there’s 2 bars of LTE for Verizon and AT&T which is plenty good enough to work. There are multiple entrances but there is a…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2020

Quick stop outside Sioux Falls

We stopped for the night and had terrific pull through sites, right off the highway. Clean, GORGEOUS bathrooms, friendly hosts!

Zach H.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2020

Great overnight spot in SD

We stayed here in our way to southwestern SD. It’s your typical KOA experience. Nice staff and decent facilities. Not really close to much but only a short drive into Mitchell. There’s a small pool and a nice dog park. Many of the sites have large shade trees. Overall a pleasant experience.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2020

Beautiful campsite on the Missouri river

Beautiful and peaceful setting on the Missouri River. If you pick a site on the water (as we did) you can enjoy a beautiful sunset over the Missouri River and the rolling hills of the southern shore. Most sites have some shade as well, which was a pleasant surprise for the area. Although the park…

J
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2020

Right on the water

Great place close to a gas station and highway. It’s right on the water just watch out at night for deep pot holes.

Tammie R.
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2020

Perfection.

I just completed a 9 day mini epic trip with my Rav and my dog. From indiana to the Tetons and yellowstone. What a whirlwind. I was so grateful to find this little oasis by the Missouri river on my last night. I am currently nestled in my Rav listening to the cicadas and the river. I'm not sure…

J
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2020

Quiet and untamed

No campsites or signs. Just the area near the river. Relaxing. Quiet and super peaceful. I pitched my tent just by the river.

Rebekah M.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2020

Amazing location

Camp site was near beach, fishing dock and playground for the kids!

Jennifer  C.
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2020

Nice campsite for the night

Big open area plenty of space right by the Missouri River. Can camp up to 7 nights. Road in can be a bit of a problem when it’s been raining. Facilities are just a pit toilet. But very peaceful with great sunsets.

Kathy F.
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2019

Easy Park

This park had a beautiful layout we arrived late Host showed us to our spot Far enough off freeway no highway noise! Was beautiful surprise to see a farm surrounding us in the morning

Scott P.
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2019

Neat location. But the cottonwoods...

This is a great campground on the west band of the Missouri River. Very nice and well kept facilities but beware there are lots of cottonwoods and at times during our stay it looked like it was snowing.

Access to this area is off highway 44 but be prepared for several miles of minimally…