Camping in Wirock

Recent Reviews Near Wirock, Minnesota

122 Reviews of 74 Wirock, Minnesota Campgrounds

Laura R.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Great, laid back camp with awesome hosts and guests

We rented kayaks and went up river, then floated to our camp site. Half way we ran out of beer - AND THEY BROUGHT US SOME!!! Love, love, love this place! Will be coming every chance I get!

Siteteepee flats
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Cute small Campground

We were 2 times on this campground. The campground is nearby the City Rock Rapids .You can walk and bicycle ride around the Campground. You need not a reservation. Come and drive in .

Alan J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Very nice campground

We stayed at this very clean, small city park campground. Hardly anyone was there I think I counted 5 other there. We stayed on our trip out west. Would recommend.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Well maintained near train tracks

A well maintained city campground with vault toilets and convenient nearby dump station just outside the park. Night time train traffic may be a negative for light sleepers.

• Split Rock Campground
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Campground very very nice

We where on the Oakwood Campground for few days . Its a very quiet Campground with view of the lake. AMAZING WE COME BACK 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Site23 E
Paul A.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Small but big enough

Cheap full hookup when passing through.

L
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Nice spots by the lake

Electric and water hookups. Spots are very close together. Luckily several people cancelled for the weekend and we were allowed to pick any spot. Shower houses are nice. I'd stay again, although a lady in town said the hole in the mound county park nearby is much quieter. The ice cream man made a…

mark M.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Busy place even in April

Fairly busy and not very private. Nice lake and cool trail out to the island

Stephanie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great campground - limited privacy

I reserved a site fairly last minute after seeing the unusually nice April weather forecast. The check in was seamless and firewood is readily available ($6/bundle when I went). Each site has a picnic table and fire pit with a cooking grate. I ended up selecting a site next to the river and had a…

• Drive in site 11
  • Bison spotted along the Mound Trail.
Sitedrive in site 11
Morgan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

This is camping?

I was up in the Oak Woods Campground. This was pretty much an open field with people crammed together. One of my neighbors sat and watched a certain cable news channel on a giant outdoor TV hooked up to their bus from 8am until 10p. I can tell you that a TV host named Tucker was very angry that…

• As The Band once said, life is a carnival.
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2020

Beautiful campground

Nicely shaded with lots of trees and hiking opportunities.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

Give this one a go

Super clean, nicely spaced, tons of trails. As Google guided is to the campground, we were getting concerned. Turns out, great campsite.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2020

Awesome campground

Easy to reserve and check in, firewood for purchase. Clean bathrooms, showers and spaced out campsites. Not too busy and everyone was friendly. Right next to a Buffalo conservation. You can hike and see Buffalo right in the area which is super cool

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2020

This is a super nice state campground

The sites are nicely spaced designed in a way there are many "corner" sites with privacy. Super well maintained, shower facility very new looking and comfortable. Lots of trails. Multiple nights is a great option.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2020

Eastern South Dakota Gem

South Dakota State Park, Brandon SD. Great stop. We spent 2 days. Very nice campground with lots to do and see. Big spacious sites ours backed up to the bike path and river. New bathhouse entire park was very clean. About half hour to Sioux Falls. Worth the trip to see the Falls and the bike/hike…

• Map of recreation area
  • Bike/hike trai
  • Sites are large and shady