About Baker Park Reserve
County
Baker Park Reserve is located in Minnesota
15 Reviews of Baker Park Reserve
So peaceful

We had electric hookups. They had a dump and water up by the office. The showers were decent and there was a dish washing station at the back of the shower house. Our whole giant site was shaded with trees. We stayed 2 nights and left for alcohol and gas, that's it. We didn't even go to the lake, we were just too relaxed! We had a fire but had to buy their wood.

Open sites and beautiful lake with a swimming beach

If you’re looking for a county park close to the Twin Cities metro area with a beautiful lake, good fishing, swimming, recreation rentals like paddle boards kayaks and canoes that also has a campground with Camper Cabins attached, look no further than Baker Park Reserve. Baker Park reserve is just outside of Maple Plain Minnesota which is about 45 minutes from the Twin Cities metro area.

Lake Independence is attached to Baker Park reserve which is a beautiful lake for fishing, swimming, kayaking and, recreational boating. You can catch everything from Crappies, perch, sunfish, walleye and, musky on this lake. A lot of people come out and troll the lake for musky and also bring pontoons for swimming. You can jump right off the pontoon into the lake and have a great time with the family or just be alone on the boat and catch a ton of fish.

The lake can be busy especially on holiday weeks and weekends and The park and restricts how many boats around the lake and enforces no wake zone’s during the holiday I’m busy times. So check the leak before you go if you’re planning on doing or jet skiing or just cruising around on your boat.

The campground that’s attached to the park is pretty open and there are very many secluded sites if any at all. I took a few videos while driving through the campground to show you what the campground is like. There’s a campground office that offer snacks and sodas and ice and such. If you’re looking for a good getaway for the weekend that’s close this would be a good park for you.

Overall, I would give the campground a three out of five because it is so dang open and there isn’t much privacy. There is however, very nice shower buildings and a nice office. I would give the park a four out of five for usefulness and overall fun. There is a lot to do and it is close to the metro.

Fun close getaway

Baker park reserve is one of the favorite local parks. There is great camping for everyone. The boat launch is close and the lake has good Muskie and pan fishing. Park gets very busy on holidays and can be hard to find parking and such but overall it has everything you could want. Has playground/fishing dock/beach and water sport rentals. Park is patrolled regularly by three rivers police. Overall our family goes every holiday for the most part to the park!

Well financed campground

Great family camping. Bring your boat, bike, and in-line skates. Bathrooms and campsites are in excellent condition. 6.2 mile paved trail. Nice beach, mature trees. close to Twin Cities. If you've never camped before this is a good first introduction.

Nice lake with big beach area

This campground was nice and the bathrooms were nice and clean. They have nice walking trailers to the lake and beach area. They lake and beach were nice and has a big sanding beach area. You an bring you boat with you. The only down fall was the location of the fire pit. It was located closer to the neighboring campsite and was awkward to use because it was behind the camper and you would think it was the other campsites. The site were very close together and had no privacy. The site had electric but no water.

Great

Great

Beautiful trails and beach

Ok so the trails and beach are beautiful. I wish we could have spent more time at both. I still owe my son a canoe trip which we unfortunately didn't realize until the weekend was over that it is only open for rentals on the weekends.

The campsites themselves from what I saw were nothing special. Typical crowded campground campsites. There was plenty of space but no privacy…not a complaint just the observation that would make a difference for me depending on what I was looking for.

There were both portapots and running water bathrooms. The only portapot I used was not disgusting but definitely could have been cleaner. The sheet said the last time it was serviced was a week ago…it looks like its done every 2 weeks to a month…it probably should be done at least once a week. The main bathrooms also were not disgusting but not super clean. It just felt like your typical busy bathroom that probably gets cleaned once a day but should be cleaned twice.

There is a family bathroom/shower that we loved but only had one shower stall in it…as a family shower two definitely would be more convenient. The showers in the main bathrooms were spacious for a campground and clean. You can't control the temperature and it never really regulates sometimes it's so hot I had to jump out sometimes its cold…but most of the shower its somewhere in between.

As a whole we really enjoyed our week at this campground and would definitely stay again

City camping gem.

Baker Park near Minneapolis Minnesota was a our camp choice for inexpensive camping on the last leg of our Minnesota vacation in 2017. After reading a lot of Pinterest reviews I’m glad we stayed at this camp. Managed by ThreeRiversParks.org (make your reservation here) this is one of the cleanest camps I’ve ever stayed at. It was crowded with RV’s and tents alike but it never seemed loud or cramped. The shower house was very clean and roomy and an easy walk from the camp sites. We didn’t take advantage of the nearby lake or other numerous activities because we used it as a base camp for the Mall of America. You’ll need to book for at least two nights and book as soon as you can. There are 200 sites but on the July weekend we stayed, I’d say almost all of them were booked. The camp staff are very friendly and you’ll need to get checked in before 9pm I believe because they close it off to paid guests after that. The camp was pretty quite for as full as it was. I did notice that local law enforcement did patrol the camp a couple of times each night but it felt very safe to me. I’d definitely recommend this camp and the next time we stay we will check out the hiking trails, lake, and playground for sure.

Family friendly

Lots to do! Bike, walk, swim, boat or play in the field.

great place close to the cities

we love to camp here. Access to lake independence. A lot of biking trails. Nice clean bathrooms. Nice park for kids just a small hike away. Plus a decent amount of rentals.