Voyageurs National Park, MINNESOTA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Voyageurs National Park Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake

My family and I have been camping up here for three generations (50+ years), it’s a beautiful spot away from every day life. We come up to pick fresh blueberries, and spend time on the lake. Many memories have been made at this camp ground.

I’ve been waiting YEARS for this adventure!

The boundary waters were everything I hoped and more. We spent 4 nights paddling and portaging and it was absolutely incredible. The backcountry sites are beautiful, just make sure you have a very detailed map of where you are going/staying because the area is pretty desolate. Pay upfront for permits and equipment at the outfitter closest to your access point.

Family tradition

Every since I was a baby, my family has been camping on Ash River. The local business owners are extremely friendly and helpful. The wildlife here is amazing. Every night you can hear wolves off in the distance howling. More then one occasion I have woken up to deer walking through the campgrounds. There is a boat launch just down the road from from the campground and the shoreline across the road is perfect for parking your boat for the weekend. Definitely a must visit!

Great camping

No showers but that’s ok this site is just a shirt row away from Voyageurs national park islands. Boat docks available. Private sites and great views

Namakan Lake

This is a boat in site out of Ash River Visitor Center. North shore of the lake is Canada and the South shore of the lake is the US. Beautiful campsite with 4 huge tent pads, 4 bear lockers and a beautiful sandy beach. Plenty of room for 8-12 campers. Half of us were in hammocks which increased our livable space. Very secluded with ample views.

5 star camp site! On our own large island with about 2 other campsites.

Campsites only accessible by boat or canoe. Amazing place! Didn’t catch much fish but if you want to spend $50 kettle falls hotel can bring you over to rainy lake and back. Ridiculously peaceful! I loved it!

The staff is great and campites are very reasonably priced.

Lakefront, showers need updated, great for fishing

My grandkids loved it! Me too!

The owners were very nice and helpful, as well as the staff. Very clean. A beautiful spot! Fishing on Pelican lake is great. The fishing dock is accessible ( I rode my mobility scooter out there with no difficulty) and they have boats available so you can get out on the. lake. We spent a lot of time in the pool and hot tub and enjoyed the nightly campfire. We ordered a pizza and it was delivered to to out camper by a nice young man! Paddle boat and kayaks are free for guests as well as many other amenities and activities the children will enjoy. We brought our rv but they also have some beautiful cabins. I just wish we had more time to enjoy all the resort offers. Next time! We also enjoyed the Vince Shute Wildlife Sanctuary. Its only 15 miles away. A wonderful place to view the bears! Don’t miss it! We loved our stay at Aspen. It’s our new vacation destination!

Camp sweet camp

A dock, a fire ring, two bear proof lockers- what more could you want? We had a great week, despite some rough weather (or maybe that added to the experience). We'll be back.

Kabetogama

This is a fun lake. Try visiting some of the local resorts for ice, ice cream and maybe a beer. Maybe even a trip to the infamous Kettle Falls Hotel. Not a dull moment on this lake.