Duluth, MINNESOTA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Duluth Camping Reviews
Herbster

Herbester is on the shores of Lake Superior, its a beautiful campground. It's smaller with a little of every type of camping. From tent, rv hook ups and right on the water.

One of my favorite campgrounds

Waterfalls, large well maintained sites, hiking trails, clean restrooms/showers.

Good Location

We spent a weekend here last October & I was pretty happy with the accommodations. I could have firewood delivered right to my site which was a nice convenience. The showers were not free, so that was a little annoying. However, the bathrooms & showers were nice & clean. There is a restaurant there that I was hoping to check out, but didn’t. It looks pretty nice. Great trails to access & the grounds are close enough to also get the whole North Shore experience.

Family Friendly!

This campground is a great place for anyone and is especially great for those with young children. Direct access to A great beach, plenty of space to safely roam, and a park to play in.

Our choice for the area!!!

Came in august for Thomas the train in Duluth. This campground is great. Tons of trees for shade. Everything you Need to enjoy a weekend away. Pool, hot tub, WiFi, showers, arcade, laundry, c store, and lots more. We will be back!!

Gooseberry never disappounts campsite 50

5/3/19-5/5/19. I’ve hiked Gooseberry Falls MANY times over the years (including trips to the lesser known Fifth Falls, which is a must-see, by the way) but this was my first time camping here.

The snow had melted and the ground was dry. The park was empty for the most part. None of the sites are right on the lake, there is a road in between, but a few had nicer lake views. Those sites were taken so we landed in site 50, in the center of the campground. Our campsite had many pines and was somewhat secluded. A few sites were close by and privacy may be an issue in the busier season, but it worked just fine in early May. The indoor bathrooms were open, which was a plus and a short walk from our site. There were several paths that led to the lake and views were gorgeous, sunrise views with a morning coffee were beautiful. These were trails I had never explored and are only accessible if you park nearby or are camping.

Besides being less crowded, the best part about camping in early May is spring runoff and the waterfalls are massive and flowing with lots of power. We coined it waterfall weekend and took full advantage of many waterfalls up and down 61.

Overall I would recommend camping at Gooseberry - semi-private, quiet and near Lake Superior. Hiking is fabulous here in all seasons . I do wish they maintained a few campsites in the winter.

Incredible but busy

Beautiful and well maintained park. Super busy in the summer months but worth the trip. Easy hike to the best of the Falls.

Cute campground with very pretty trails

Although we didn't actually stay at this campground, we drove through and I thought I'd give it a review based on my impressions. Had we known it was here, we might have actually booked a night.

It's not a giant campground, but there was enough space this time of year to accommodate any passerby. each campsite appeared to have a fire ring with a great for grilling, a picnic table, and space for a camper or a tent. There was no electric, but it looked like you could park a small RV or pop-up camper without a problem. There are no showers, but they do have vault toilets. And very close by, there's some beautiful hiking trails! One of them you cross has a very old bridge that is just gorgeous! It's a wooden bridge with a very unique suspension that crosses over the water that creates Amnicon Falls. This time of year, after all the rain, it was flowing like mad and beautiful!

Since I didn't stay, I can't speak for the noise level in the campground. But since we were traveling in October, there wasn't a campground we stayed in that seem to be full of people. Most everything was quiet this time of year.

side note, you do need a park pass in order to stay at the campground. So in addition to the camping fee, you need a park sticker that's available at a self-serve machine when you come in. Out of state residents paid $11 for the park sticker, and $20 for a campsite. In-state residents paid $15 for the campground and I'm not certain how much for a sticker. it did not, however, seem that camping fees went up much past $25, even in the peak of the summer. They are open all year round, but it's still $15 to $20 in the winter time.

Nice little park

Nice campsites not too far from the lake. Not a ton of hiking but the trails that are there are nice. Good fishing right off shore.