Fernando , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Fernando Camping Reviews
One of our favorites !

Remote camping circle with TONS of trails that go down the ravine and alongside the river!

Clean, Well managed

I grew up going to baker park! Tons of trails and camping. 🏕

Small secluded campground

Beautiful trails leading you down the revenue to a gentle flowing creek. One of me and my hubbies favorite drop in campsites!!

Grew up nextdoor to this park!

Spent a lot of my childhood playing and exploring this park! It wasn't till a few years ago that I actually stayed and camped overnight. The campgrounds are grouped, we'll maintained, and always have firewood(etc) stocked for their guests. I love briding here as well,

Early spring tent camping here we come!

Didn't get in till late evening so had to do our initial exploring at night with our handy dandy headlamps!🤪 Still fun, peaceful and even better we had the whole park to ourselves! Had tons of peaceful animal visitors including herds of white tail deer walking through our camp ground! Owls and coyotes singing in the distance… Per!!!

Clean with tons of trails and activities!

I have lived in the area all my life and remember exploring nature in all aspects at baker park! Fun, clean and fairly priced! Most activities are free!

We had a WONDERFUL time

This was our first time there & we are so glad we came. One of our kids & her husband live in Minneapolis, a sister & several nieces & nephews live close by. Covid held us back with visiting, but our daughter & husband & our grand puppy came to visit. Parking for visitors (or 2nd vehicle) is the bad part as they are all quite way from some/most of the sites. They are strict and no parking on the grass (understandable when you see the pictures in the office.) The park is very well maintained! It is pet friendly. Office sells firewood for use $7.00 for 12 pieces (split pieces) There are bathrooms thoughout, but the main one has a separate, awesome, private showers. The beaches are stellar, We took out kayaks while some of us sat on the dock. There are dedicated walking trails & bike trails that are really as long as you want to go! From the park, we rode the trail that goes under the road 19 and all the way around Lake Katrina (we took the left way around, less hills to go up for this 62 year old🤣) It is BEAUTIFUL with the leaves turning. We loved our stay. The only thing we may do differently next time is to get a site closer to a parking lot. At night, it is DARK! & visitors would have a hard time finding their way back to their car without being driven. We WILL be back!

Beautiful Grounds, Campsites a Bit Close

We stayed here with two young kids tent camping. We stayed in site A20 due to the close proximity to the bathrooms. The grounds were very well kept and groomed. The sites were pretty close together with no trees in between, but only around 25% of sites were occupied when we were there so it wasn’t a problem. I would imagine it would be very cozy and not much privacy when full, which could be the only potential drawback. There were a fair amount of RVs- we were one of only a few tents I saw. There were some nice looking cabins on our loop as well. It was a very short walk down a path to the beautiful lake which was deserted when we were there. The bathrooms looked new and were very well kept. There was even one family restroom with a shower which was so awesome for trying yo get two small kids cleaned up. Loved that. Overall this was a great campsite when not full and we had a great time.

Very Nice

It is a very large campground. There is showers and dish washing stations that were very nice. Most of the campsites are shaded. The lake was very busy on Saturday but the boat launch was nice! I would definitely camp here again.

Owners are very nice

I stopped by and the owners are very nice. They have wood and ice available this year but typically have a store that sells more. They gave me a brochure and let me take a few photos. I look forward to staying here some time. Boat access is 1 mi on the Minnesota River.