The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Delavan , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Delavan Camping Reviews
So Much to Do!

This is such a great campground for families! So many activities including a water recreation area, petting zoo, shuffleboard, mini golf, pool, toddler water park, multiple playgrounds, basketball and more. The only drawback is they REALLY pack you on like sardines and the roads are really narrow so unless you get there early your camping tip is going to start with the “backing in argument.”

A fun Labor Day!

Was so much fun!! Best Labor Day in awhile.

Awesome Sunset!

Really nice spot almost overlooking the lake (Through the trees), had fire ring, picnic tables and room for quite a lot of tents! For me and my family it was perfect!

Nothing special - but a great quick escape from Minneapolis

Our site was a perfect tent-in site(site 15), as it was far enough away from the highway and other sites, so noise was minimal. The bugs were actually tolerable, which was an added bonus. Downsides were that the drinking water had consumption warnings, the modern restrooms were closed, and the lake isn’t swimmable. Otherwise there was some great hiking, and the park ranger was friendly and very prepared for COVID.

Terrible place to camp

I was a seasonal camper with Kamp Dels with a 7 and 9 year old. With Covid-19 and not knowing if the pools would be open we called to see if they had a plan of action for campers. They have 1 or 2 activities a day that last 10 minutes so not having a pool is a big deal for us. Our kids would go stir crazy and not have a thing to do. When we asked what our options are the owner Erin was extremly unprofessional and yelled at my husband. We have gone round and round with terrible customer service from them. She was rude and her husband refused to call us back. We now are out$1000.00 to pull our camper after staying only 1 weekend. I have heard many complaints of the staff owner and had I heard those before we signed up we never would have chosen Kamp Dels. Go elsewhere!! Even for a weekend. This place is not work your time and effort to camp at.

Seasonal

We’ve been a seasonal there for 4 years and love it. The grandkids love the water park and there’s so many things for the kids to do. The staff has many activities for the entire family. It’s great fun to watch all the different RV’s comes into the campground. Great staff and very easy to work with and a safe place for all.

A perfect getaway

Everything was beautiful. We camped for a week in southern Minnesota state parks, but this one is our favourite.

Lots of room

Pull through sites, bathhouse was clean and showers were individual room with timed lights, motion sensors kept the shower interesting! Got to see turtles laying eggs and deer were all around. Family loved the fishing.

Great for Littles

This is a fun campground for young kids. It has a lot of things to do to keep them going all day. Clean bathrooms are a plus too. The one drawback, in my opinion, is that the lake it is right next to doesn’t have a beach for swimming. That was a little disappointing for me. Otherwise it is a fun campground resort & I will be heading back next year!

Nice campground, good trails

We got a last second site and stayed for just one night. The sites were great for tents and relatively shady, but an RV had some trouble in our loop and had to move to another site. Where we set up our tent was pretty rocky and hurt the feet when you stood barefoot in the tent even with an extra tarp, so be careful where you set your tent.

There is no swimming beach, but the ranger gave us directions to another beach nearby. Next time we visit we'll be sure to check that out. Early June is good as the bugs there aren't bad at all.

The trails were nice, wish we had brought our bikes to hit the Sakatah/Singing Hills trail, looked lovely! The fishing dock was fun for the little kiddos to visit.