Camping in Newdale Colony

133 Reviews of 28 Newdale Colony, South Dakota Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Not huge sites

Easy on and off freeway. Pull thu sites are just big enough for truck and camper.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Well maintained near train tracks

A well maintained city campground with vault toilets and convenient nearby dump station just outside the park. Night time train traffic may be a negative for light sleepers.

• Split Rock Campground
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Campground very very nice

We where on the Oakwood Campground for few days . Its a very quiet Campground with view of the lake. AMAZING WE COME BACK 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Site23 E
Paul A.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Small but big enough

Cheap full hookup when passing through.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Small clean

Right next to hiway. Only one site with electric as far as I could tell didn't stay just parked and rested for few hours.

L
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Nice spots by the lake

Electric and water hookups. Spots are very close together. Luckily several people cancelled for the weekend and we were allowed to pick any spot. Shower houses are nice. I'd stay again, although a lady in town said the hole in the mound county park nearby is much quieter. The ice cream man made a…

mark M.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Busy place even in April

Fairly busy and not very private. Nice lake and cool trail out to the island

Angie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Awesome pet-friendly stopover

We decided to stay at this campground because it was close to Falls Park. It’s 4 miles away from the KOA to Downtown. It wasn’t crowded, very clean, met lots of Texans and the pet areas were awesome! In fact, Sioux Falls is a very dog-friendly city and was able to take my dog everywhere! The…

• falls park from the tower
  • koa Sioux Falls
SiteC5
Stephanie G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Great campground - limited privacy

I reserved a site fairly last minute after seeing the unusually nice April weather forecast. The check in was seamless and firewood is readily available ($6/bundle when I went). Each site has a picnic table and fire pit with a cooking grate. I ended up selecting a site next to the river and had a…

• Drive in site 11
  • Bison spotted along the Mound Trail.
Sitedrive in site 11
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2021

Nice RV campground

We stayed here for one night in September. The park was filled up. All RVs. We stayed next to the lake. Bathrooms were decent.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2020

Clean and quiet, convenient edge of town.

Spent 4 nights for my son's wedding.   Has 30 amp service.  Clean shower house.  Perfect spot to visit Brookings without paying for hotel.

Morgan Y.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

This is camping?

I was up in the Oak Woods Campground. This was pretty much an open field with people crammed together. One of my neighbors sat and watched a certain cable news channel on a giant outdoor TV hooked up to their bus from 8am until 10p. I can tell you that a TV host named Tucker was very angry that…

• As The Band once said, life is a carnival.
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2020

Beautiful campground

Nicely shaded with lots of trees and hiking opportunities.

Gregg K.
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Nice and clean

Family friendly and nice restrooms. Can’t go wrong here and right off Interstate.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2020

Give this one a go

Super clean, nicely spaced, tons of trails. As Google guided is to the campground, we were getting concerned. Turns out, great campsite.