The best WALK IN camping near
Frost , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Frost Camping Reviews
Really neat little park

Gorgeous little park right on a series of small lakes. Camping is in grassy and forested area. You dive on grass and park next to a table and power outlet. Many of these spots are not level and seem better suited to tents than larger RVs but some spots could work for vans, class C or small class A RVs. I also saw one cabin for rent. This is all near the water and has bathrooms and a water faucet. I also noticed pretty good AT&T cell coverage here. This area has historically been bad for cell coverage so maybe that is improving.

Peaceful, restful stay.

We can't wait to go back. Our camp was so private & we were happy because we had a new puppy that was from a hoarding situation & not real social. We didn't want to bother any neighbors if she was loud. She did very well with our other two. They all enjoyed walking on the trails with us😁 The bathrooms & showers were awesome & the park guy was very nice & informative (I feel bad I didn't get his name.) It will definitely be a place we will go back to!

Awesome campsite

Camped at a backpack site and it was pretty great. 2 mile hike to the site and the site was fantastic. On the water with lots of tree coverage.

Pretty but loud

The park and waterfall are very pretty. The bison will walk right up to your vehicle for some great photos! Our campsite was loud however. Trains and vehicles flying by all night. The campground was clean and you have space between your neighbors!

Beautiful camp ground

It’s only 12 dollar to camp a night for electricity. They have two different areas for camping. There is a few pond to kayak and fish also there’s a beach area to swim. Not sure how many spot but there are quite a few. No WiFi but cell service is ok.

Beautiful Park and campground

I stumbled across this Park traveling through and looking for a place to spend the night. I drove in and saw the beautiful lake and the campground so I talked to the camp host, told him I just needed a primitive spots I didn't need electricity or water is it all good just grab a tent site, they are $6 a night and 30 amp electric with water is 15 tonight. And if you rent for 7 days you only pay for 6 and it's a beautiful quiet I'm sure there's fish in the lake you can swim in it's a wonderful place I'm so happy I stumbled across this Jewel

Awesome campground

New paved roads, boat landing to river and frisbee golf connected. No water hook ups at each site. Has one in central location so luckily I had just enough hose to fill up the camper. Close to state park with trails and bison so had a great weekend!

Awesome Sunset!

Really nice spot almost overlooking the lake (Through the trees), had fire ring, picnic tables and room for quite a lot of tents! For me and my family it was perfect!

Feels like you're in the woods.

This camp ground is surrounded by farm land including our own. The only down side is the lake is shallow so fishing is best early early camping season. The showers are also odd to get dressed since there's no mat so maybe go in with a swim suit. Cell service is sketchy! If you like backpacking in without an incredibly long hike there's two sites that are off the beaten path find them on Google maps, they're on the shore. But the rest are all RV and drive in. Except for holiday weekends you basically have the whole place to yourself, but only expect to get wood on Friday and Saturday! No reservations, grab a spot then go back to the registration box. No grill on the fire ring, and they're huge. Park bench in each site, electric hookups at some sites. Nice variety of easy and primitive for whatever you're looking for.

A beautiful state park campsite site

This campground is definitely an awesome spot to spend the night. We arrived there around sundown, and set up camp in the spot we reserved. The view was absolutely beautiful over the hills, with the forest giving us cover from the bright sun rays in the a.m. Slight warning though, if you aren’t an early riser the sun might not be a problem but the railroad is right behind most of the sites and we did hear a couple trains go by. We headed out early in the morning, unfortunately too early to drive through the bison range but we did stop to see the beautiful waterfall on the other side of the highway exiting the campsite. Would 100% come again, and hopefully check out the range. Side note, drive slowly on the gravel road we saw a lot of little bunnies and they hop everywhere regardless of cars!