The best BOAT IN camping near

8 Reviews1 Campground
Top Boat In Campground near Shelly Minnesota

Most Recent Shelly Camping Reviews
Not the best

First off there really aren't very many spots for a camper and from what I've seen for such a nice and semi large park and at least half of the are on a steep incline.

Great mini trip

Clean, lots of paved trails, easy access to kayak, only thing missing is a place to swim!

It’s like sleeping under a highway.

Lindenwood is a pretty park but you are right off of 94 and the bridge that crosses the Red River from Minnesota to North Dakota. All we heard were cars and trucks all night long. Hardly slept. But it is a nice park to visit during the day.

Nice campground, great for families

2 great playgrounds nearby for the kiddos. We were on site B9 and it was spacious. However the road noise from the freeway was pretty loud.

Urban camping

Camped here due to my son having a swim meet in Fargo and we were going to tack on camping in Glacier National Park after this. So decided to camp in Fargo. This camp is in a public park next to the river. The park is big and appears to be well utilized by the public. We stayed in the B loop which is by the river. The A loop is basically a parking lot next to the bath house, and it seems like there was very little room between campers/ really packed them in there- would suffice for a night passing through. The B loop sites were also small with little room between neighbors and nothing in between sites, no trees. On the weekend there were people cutting through our site to fish the river which made us a bit nervous since we had our two kids with us and also worried about theft. There was significant noise from the nearby interstate (trucks, cars, and frequent sirens from police) and bright lights shining which made it hard for us to sleep.

The bathrooms and showers were adequate and fairly clean. Saw the occasional local homeless person come utilize the facility which also made us nervous. Nothing ever happened but could be safety issue with children.

There was rental bikes and canoes which was fun for the kids, as well as fishing- only caught one catfish but was fun anyway. There was firewood for sale and snacks available for purchase if needed.

Cost was a bit steep at $30 - we use a tent. Most people were in campers. Each site had water and electric though which was convenient. Not high in our list to return to but met our needs and we had a good time overall.

some lots are better than others

Let me start off by saying, this is a picturesque park and campground located in the heart of Fargo with plenty of trails and paths to go around! we were in the A lot. our spot was pretty spacious, but a lot of the spots in this area were pretty tight. the other downside was the proximity to the interstate. this made for a pretty noticeable drone of vehicles. Would recommend staying in the B lot, spots are spaced apart more, facing the river, and are further away from the Interstate. will definitely be back, just in a different part of the campground.

Not exactly accommodating

The phone system relies on a return call. They did return the call but I was on the road and missed it. I called back (remember, it's a system, not a person) and told them we were on our way. They did call back and say they had room for us and the site would be there. I called again, with my name and number, and said we were close and would be there. When we arrived the woman didn't recognize my name and dismissively said they were full. She was adamant about us not having a paid reservation. She had not received the message that we were coming in. We ended up driving another four hours (on top of the eight we had already driven) to find another campground that could accommodate us. The park looked nice enough but, based on the non-caring attitude, we will not return to stay.

Nice!

The campground is very nice with all facilities either new or extremely clean and well kept. Overall, I was thrilled with the campground but I honestly didn't care for the Fargo area. There was always a strong smell of sulfur in the air and very little to do. The Roosevelt National Park is a few hours drive away if you are in the area and need some good outdoor entertainment.