This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Camp with confidence with the highest-ranked camping app for both iOS and Android. Search more than 1 million listings, reviews, and tips for campsites across the U.S.
Enter your phone number to get the app.
Early spring 21 just went and had a blast. Fairly packed now that the state opened up fully. Over all though that time was perfect weather for kayaking and hiking the short trails that this park has. Tent camping is great and the spots are well payed out with plenty of space between them. Shower and bathroom facilities are in decent shape and do the job. Was impressed for havi g never heard of it prior to arrival. Online reservations available to make it easier.
• Super friendly Park Headquarters personnel
l• Great aluminum floating fishing pier with a covered fish cleaning pavilion
• Site aluminum picnic table on concert pad under a tree
• Park entrance gate closed 10 pm to 7 am, but an access code was provided at check-in
• Toilet/shower clean, but just worn out and desperately needing renovation
• Great CCC-constructed pavilion
• 3 bars AT&T cell service
• Howling coyotes nightly
• Overused park that desperately needs some infrastructure improvements
• Unlevel side-to-side concert site parking pad was in poor condition and barely long enough for 28 ft trailer
• Septic system cleanout pipe smack in the middle of our campsite causing a tripping hazard
• Metal fire pit with cooking grate was overflowing with ash upon arrival
• No vegetation between sites= no privacy from neighbors
• Constant vehicle traffic through campground loop• Toilets were difficult to flush and clogged easily.
• Toilet/shower building interior walls crumbling exposing the structure
While the lake is beautiful,the park feels neglected. Our campsite #64 in the catfish cove campground was awful, not sure when they had last mowed, there were stickers/cockle burrs everywhere. We spent time pulling as many of those and high grass as we could,but still got them all in our shoes and socks. The shelter over the picnic table had many bird nests and the picnic table was nasty. The bathrooms were ok, the shower curtains had mold/mildew. We hiked the catfish point trail which had not been maintained. We went through the online process to rent a kayak, had some problems which were easily resolved.
We enjoyed our one night at Corpus Christi State Park. As with other state parks, it's a bargain, especially with the State Parks Pass. We had a nice pull through site with a view of the lake and the marina. The covered picnic table was nice and we were able to use the grill to make a great dinner. The sunset was spectacular. We would return to this quiet and beautiful setting anytime.
Serene clean place! We stayed few nights and had a blast. It was fun to go together with friends but it wasn’t crowded in summer. Staff were great. Bathroom clean and stocked despite being busy. Fun to check out beach and fly kites as it’s really windy. Make sure to bring sunscreen and hats, plenty of drinks.