Houston, TEXAS

Most Recent Houston Camping Reviews
Thousand Trails

This is the best Thousand Trails we have been to in Texas so far! They have the best and the cleanest bathroom/showers I have ever seen. The pool is large clean and great furniture! They have tennis, pickle ball, basketball, mini golf and beach volleyball. The only thing I did not care for is the pull thru RV sites are really close together! This is a must visit park!

Awesome day park

Best day park around. Easy parking, easy hiking & beautiful nature. Gators, gators, gators!!!

The Corral RV Park at Tomball Texas

One of the best RV Park for any size

Nudist Resort

Nice clean rooms. The RV parking is tricky because of all the trees.

Beach

The park has two pools an extra large hot tub,lazy river and a kiddo section access to beach is a block Down . There is fishing piers on the bay to fish. There is a little cafe to get food. The park is kept up as far a grass being cut and clean restrooms.

Beautiful park !

This park is small but so pretty! The oak trees have Spanish moss hanging from them and there are lots of walking/biking trails to explore with one that leads to the Brazos River. The rv lots were huge with plenty of room in between sites! 30 amp only!

I had a great time, can't say the same for my son

I had a fantastic time  but I can't say the same for my son.  He never been camping before, loves X-Box….

Small little campground

This campground is small, however it is very well shaded and has a great swimming beach. Sites are full hookup! Staff super friendly!

Right on the Beach

I have been going to this campground since I was a little girl, I won’t even mention how many decades that is LOL. But I’ve never had a bad experience.  The campground was completely redone after Hurricane Ike in 2008, so all the campsites are newer, with updated tables, BBQ pits and so forth. You can literally camp on the beach if you choose to. There are even full hook-up campsites within mere feet of the beach.  But book early because these sites fill up fast.  Lots to do of course. Swimming, laying on the beach, birdwatching,  Fishing, crabbing, surfing (yes you can surf in Texas)  stand up paddle boarding, boogie boarding, sunbathing, the list is really only limited by your imagination. You can even build a campfire right in the beach at night and listen to the waves roll in while making s’mores. The campsites themselves are not very private because it’s an open setup so everyone can enjoy the view of the ocean.  The public restrooms and showers are nice and clean.  There are outdoor showers to rinse off after the beach.   There is even a fish cleaning station. This campsite is far enough out that you feel more isolated yet within a few miles of major restaurants and big box stores and grocery stores too.  The hosts are polite and helpful. If you get tired of the beach, you are within a short drive to the “Strand” downtown, Moody Gardens or Schlitterbahn water park. The location can’t be beat. Beautiful park with nice campsites, what more could you want?

Great place

Great and relaxing place and great activities and things to do with the kiddos

Nice texas beach

Nice to go here year round. Always pleasant. I hour east of Houston . Nice camping quarters . Easy beach access

Poorly maintained - a little creepy

Muddy roads out to the site which were difficult to manage in a small passenger car. Campsite itself had a spooky vibe, seemed overgrown and poorly maintained. We arrived after dark and camped in a tent but neither of us slept well. I think they had a lot of rain because even the loop around the campground had big potholes full of water. In the morning we noticed the place was trashed. It might not be bad for campers and rvs but I don’t recommend tent camping.

Great Spot!

The beachside campsites offer electric hookups and shaded picnic tables that are great for tent and RV camping! Keep in mind, the beach is not visible from any electric campsite- but it is a close walk to the beach and conveniently located next to a comfortable restroom with accessible private showers. The beach itself is clean/not littered and is perfect for skim boarding!

Unable to book a site, rude staff

I have tried several times to book here but the moved me around, upgraded my campsite without speaking to me. When I did speak to the staff, they continuously put me on hold. They were less interested in speaking to me than whomever was in the office. I understand that sometimes they are busy checking in new people but he had back up staff there assisting. When the site was corrected, I let him know of the hassles I've had trying to get a site (calmly, not like a crazy mean person), he stated that maybe I'd like to cancel. So I did. I'm really disappointed as I've heard this is a nice resort.

We love this place

You can’t get much closer to the sea than this unless you’re on a boat. This state park is pristine and has lots of nature activities for all ages. We’ve been going GISP for decades.

Well Equipped Campsites

We made a reservation for a tent site and found the rate very reasonable. Sites are well equipped with water, a fire pit with grill grate, picnic table, and pole to hang food if necessary. Bathrooms and dumpster area are clean and well lit. The park hosts were very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the short trails that were accessible from the campsite. Saw deer in the camp area and enjoyed (mostly) watching the big yellow garden spiders building their webs next to the trail in the morning.

Very fun park

It’s a very fun park for the whole family. My boys and nephews enjoyed the water slides. They have activities for all the family. I believe they have movie night every Saturday night. The park is lots of fun buuut it needs a lot of updates

You come here for the things around it more than for the park

The title of this review isn’t meant to be a slam on the park. It is actually a nice park. However, we were in Kemah for the boardwalk and other activities. We didn’t seek out this park for it’s amenities but more for the location to the Boardwalk.

There are more full timers here than weekend visitors but things are well taken care of. The bathrooms and the showers are very clean and are tiled. The sites are RV park tight but that is to be expected. There are some sites on the bay as well as back in and pull through sites. They are all level and the park is well maintained. Getting there the first time is a tad shaky. As you pull in, natural inclination is to go to the right … which is wrong. You have to go left to be able to hit the sites correctly. We ended up having to make a loop around the park, leave, go down the block and come back in. Not horrible but annoying.

They have an adult pool and a family pool. The adult part of the pool rule wasn’t enforced because when I walked over to it there were several families in the pool. The family pool was completely empty so we just went over there. There isn’t any shade so it makes it hot during the summer with all of the concrete etc reflecting the sunlight back on you camper.

The lazy river makes you ... lazy

This is a nice RV park - the sites are close together but they are level and give you full hook ups. There are multiple pools, putt putt golf and a lazy river. Be sure to grab your spot next to the lazy river early in the day if you are wanting to stay all day. There are a few umbrellas but you can bring your own easy up shade tent.
The park runs activities all day for the kids but most are already engaged in one of the pools. We went with another family and got sites that faced each other. Made things really helpful and gave us a little more space than normal.
The gulf side of the beach is a short drive away. You can walk it but you have to cross a busy two lane highway which I wouldn’t recommend. When we were there they were making a path to the bay side of the beach to make it easier to get to.
We have been here twice and will certainly come back again.

Amazing park close to Houston

Great park. The trails are very basic but are fun to ride bikes on or go hiking. The RV sites are pull through with full hookups. The sites are large and have plenty of room to enjoy nature. The kids love just riding off on their bikes and exploring the park. We come to this park about twice a year as its a great park near Houston for a quick getaway weekend.

Very nice campground

Nice campground, lots of activities, nice lazy river and pools, putt putt golf course. About 10 to 15 minutes from Galveston.

Great place for kids

We love this park. We go every summer. It’s about 20 minutes outside of Galveston. Beach is across the highway but easy to get to. Pools are the place to hang out. They have plenty of activities for the kids. Putt putt and movie night.

Amazing

Went again, and we saw gators at the nature center. Cool

Quiet and peaceful

If you go in the summer you need to watch out for mosquitoes. The observatory is amazing on clear nights.🏕🚀

Great For Families

A lot of stuff for families. Lazy riverb putt putt, splash pads, and pools. No easy access to the beach. 15 minute drive from main part of Galveston.

Direct Beach Access

Nice campground with great views. Close to tourist areas and clean bathrooms/showers.

Nice state park on the beach and bayside.

Very relaxing park that's just a walk to the beach or bay fishing depending on what side of the park you camp on. The otherside is just a short drive. Day use with picnic tables is available. Reserve way ahead as it fills fast.

Great fishing spot

This is a nice place if you want to fish. No boat needed. They have a lighted fishing path, boat docks and launches. They have a beach but no swimming is allowed due to deadly rip currents. Not far to a beach that you can swim from.

Sad broken down campground.

This used to be a great place to camp but it's not kept up. Hot tub didn't work, hot water didn't work and staff lies to you. Find somewhere else to go.

Nice pake to take the kids.

This park has pavilions, playgrounds, a pool, baseball and basketball courts. You can boat around the pond. They do have cabins to rent.