Dallas , TEXAS

Most Recent Dallas Camping Reviews
Had site ? Saw handicap, No site

The first time in my life experienced a site being available, then the site was no longer available oddly after the front desk party so my handicap.

First time I ever experienced this it was very surreal.

Poor Customer Service

Mgt never engaged customers by simply asking, is everything ok. Need anything?

Staff takes on personality of leadership. Is timid. Great location.

But, definitely not a pleasant experience.

Be incredible place with positive basic customer service.

Has potential!

This place is calm and pleasant during the day. At sundown, the party starts and goes till 2:00am. If you are looking for a quiet evening, this ain’t the place. If you are good with day time activities and loud music at night, join the party. My kids and I will go back simply because it is a clean park with nice tent camping spots.

Family Fun

This typically isn’t our type of park but the kids enjoyed it. We went in October and they had some fun Halloween activities. Site was pull through but pretty tight and close to neighbor. Probably worth paying for premium. Nice large dog park and clean restrooms/bathhouse.

Nice sites, solid choice

We stayed at site 136 in dogwood canyon, and it was lovely. Next time I'd stay at 137 for a bit more isolation, as you could see the boardwalk from our campsite as the area is sparsely wooded. Couldn't see the parking lot due to brush, but it was a very short walk and that was nice. Composting toilets are the only ones available in the area(even at the parking lot) and you have to walk/drive to the electric sites for showers or flush toilets. You could see the toilet in our area from the campsite, but did have to walk around a bushy area to get to it but it was doable in the middle of the night. There is a firewood vending machine there that's very cool and is reasonably priced for good wood.

Don't drive five hours like we did for this campsite, but it was nice. We had a quiet section even during spring break, and if you're a fisherman there's easy access to a couple of coves that look like they would be great fishing spots.

Huh?

Tried to book a weekend, turns out they are a monthly only park…

Tight

Looked amazing online, was willing to pay for the amenities. Got to the grounds and found that half of the place was a mobile home park. Bathroom/showers were clean. Wasn’t even able to put up my awning due to the space between sites, and wouldn’t want to sit under it if I could have because the sewer connections for your neighbors is right out your steps. Expensive for literally a cramped parking space with hookups

Good hiking

Great park, busy boat ramp, cool day use/swim area and cool things happened on the trails! Ill come back to camp!

Im from cali and let me tell tou this blew my mind

It was amazing. Peaceful nature. Reminded me of back home had so much fun

Close to town and still in the middle of now where

I have visited this a few times in 2019 and my husband and I went up here to star gaze. It’s always been quiet, clean and spacious. We enjoy getting away for a little bit and being that we live in Denton this is a great place to sneak off to.