Dallas, TEXAS

Most Recent Dallas Camping Reviews
Rvs only

Rvs only it shows as tents but no

Clean and quiet

All sites have concrete pads, picnic tables, grill, fire ring, electric and water. Also can camp in tents or rent a cabin.

Great City Park

Very nice park. Only a few site with full hook ups but over 200 sites with water and electric 30amp.

Great spot for us

My wife was having tests at Baylor Hospital. We were thankful this park was close by. We liked the place alot, we parked on one of the many concrete sites. We were able to use the pull thrus but still unhooked for our dr visits.  I think it's a great deal, reasonable and great host. Thanks for a nice stay.  We will return to McKinney and stay with you.

Well kept State Pak

Concrete back in sites with full hookup’s! Also fire rings, covered patio table’s. Great place for fishing kayaking and hiking!

Awesome place

Friendly and helpful staff. Large sites with very clean facilities.

The Hidden Gem of Dallas

If you are looking for a camp and a retreat center for your church, family reunion, or school trip, Ascend is the place to go. Wide range of activities, incredible food, and most gracious hospitality out there.

Best Family spot around

Wind point park is one of my favorite parks in North texas. Inhave been going here since I was a kid. I now take my kids to this park. It still has the same family feel as always.

Cramped and noisy

Right off the interstate. Long term work camp. Very cramped spots. Nice store on site.

Peaceful

Quiet and open. Easy to get to but off the beaten path.

Woke up here once.

Woke up here once. Nice place.

On the water.

The campground is on the water at lake Ray Roberts Marina.

Benbrook

No complaints. Campsites were large and not to close together. Restrooms near our sites were clean, and people were friendly.

Nice Texas St Park! Class B heaven

Enjoyed a night here. Site was right on the water. Level and clean. Lots of hiking trails. You really can’t go wrong with Johnson Branch on Lake Ray Roberts.

Great for camping and trails

This site is great for hiking, mountain biking and camping.

Not a campsite

Equestrian trail and boat launch. This is big parking lot for a boat launch on Lake Lavon and a large Equestrian trail. No camping sites but we have done a picnic here. It’s a few minutes from our home.

Fun for the kids!

Beautiful park! 60-70 tree covered camp sites. Roads were in good condition. Pet friendly. Plenty to do for the kids. Don’t really have anything negative to say about it other than the price tag. It was expensive, but we definitely got what we paid for. Several playgrounds, maze, volleyball, basketball, pond, and activities. We also visited the Waterpark that is joined to the park. The price of admission was very reasonable. Would recommend this park and will most likely be going back.

Suburban encroachment

I grew up going to Erwin Park to camp. It was a well kept secret with spacious tent sites, picnic areas and hiking trails.

Located just outside of McKinney, it has become a popular spot with mountain bikers. That can create issues on the weekend when the trails are teeming with cyclists. It just gets crowded and parking can be a challenge. Hiking also isn’t as safe.

The park is maintained by parks & rec and can cleanliness can vary. Unfortunately we have noticed more litter and left over junk in the fire pits as its popularity has increased.

If you are a mountain biker, this park offers great creekbed, wooded trails. As I mentioned before, it’s a popular spot so bring your patience with other riders.

My happy place, my home away from home.

I love this park. Nice RV sites, close to the water. Campground close to town but away from the noise. Nice boat ramp/dock and day use areas too. Recently renovated bathrooms. Staff friendly. Can reserve online, book ahead, fills up fast.

Camping in Suburbia

I like this COE campground because conveniently located near where I live, and if I’m lucky I can snag a site with trees and lake access. But the tradeoff for convenience is proximity to civilization. This definitely isn’t wilderness and as another reviewer pointed out, the campground can be noisy. It’s located adjacent to I-35, just west of the Lake Lewisville bridge, so there’s traffic noise depending on how close you’re camped to the road. The electric was recently upgraded after the flooding this year. So there’s 50 amp available now too. I camped at site 39 and it was an asphalt/gravel pad and fairly level. Water pressure was good and there was lots of shade and ample privacy between sites in this section. Sites on the point have few trees and wide open spaces, but the lake view is expansive. Bathrooms and showers were clean and functioning. There’s a bike/walking path that goes around and through the park and a beach. In my opinion a few of the best sites are on a little peninsula (sites 91, 92, 93 looked prime) with a little sandy beach and access into a cove of the lake. I’ll be back.

Beautiful State Park

Big, beautiful Texas State Park. Very clean and nice level camping sites. The beach area was closed due to past flooding and cleaning but all else was open. My rig and I enjoyed site 136 🚐

Local

It’s okay for a local spot.

North Central Texas beaut

There are few lakes around this area, and even fewer campgrounds that I would even consider camping at, but this one is at the top of the list. The toilets/showers are clean, the campgrounds are spaced well with good surrounding trees, and the campers respect each other’s space. I’ve only been twice, but I would highly recommend this one before many of the others in the area. Ray Roberts is a much better lake for camping and all that entails, other lakes are known for their party atmosphere and rowdiness.

Great Urban Campground

Here’s a pic of my rig in spot 44b at Hidden Cove Park this past Saturday. This is a private run campground for tents and RVs. They also have cabins and a bunkhouse for rent. Great full service restaurant and marina where you can rent all types of water toys. Had a great time and I’ll return soon.

Absolutely awesome

The park has undergone some repairs and maintenance but we love camping here. Peaceful and lots of wildlife so close to home.

Great park close to home

We go here when we went to stay close to home. We’ve stayed in the tent area and the RV area. Both are always clean and the staff is always friendly. Great place!!

So convenient

This isn’t a large park and it can be difficult to get a reservation but it is so conveniently located basically in the middle of the Metroplex.

Amazing place to camp

It’s a wonderful place to camp, fish, scenic views and interact with wild life

Great Family Experience

Check-in was very easy, sites were very clean and well maintained, playground was amazing with an awesome ‘roller-coaster’ swing that the teenagers even loved. Bathrooms are not private but they’re clean. Immediate access to the lake and a beautiful view! A great little escape from the city.