Arlington, TEXAS

Most Recent Arlington Camping Reviews
Great location and value for the $$$

This campground is nestled in the middle of a neighborhood on Lake Dallas. There are about 15 RV sites(30/50 amp), 15 primitive sites with showers and restrooms. This campground is well patrolled and maintained. There is a couple mile walking trail at starting at the campground that is paved. The campsites are pretty well spread out and many of them have awesome views of the lake. We would stay here again!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Great little park

Good people, good rates, good park. Gravel sites. Good laundry and showers. North of Denton, convenient to UNT. Eat at Babes in Sanger.

Nice little park near Frisco

A little pricey $42-$50. No laundry and the showers are like old high school showers. Nice grounds and it's right on Lake Lewisville. Staff is friendly. Online won't let you reserve next day. Call for availability.

Nice City RV Park

Spent an afternoon and evening here and met a friend whom lives locally. Lots of shade trees, level sites many right on the water. I found the water pressure too strong for my class b as the pressure caused a link under my sink. Convinced me to purchase my own water pressure resistor gauge.

Convenient

Close to shopping. Full hook ups with trees galore. Quiet. Large coach accommodations with multiple pull thru sites. Large roadways allow easy access to the sites.

Nice Park on Lake Lavon

Enjoyed a night here. Nice, clean, open RV park on Lake Lavon. It’s well established but in good shape. Big level RV sites with grills and covered tables. You’ll enjoy this park!

Quiet. Nice.

I stayed in rv campsite 270 on a peninsula and a nice view of the water's edge. The roads in this park are absolutely terrible. The winds were high (over 20 mile and hour wind gusts). And it rained a lot.

I stayed during the week. Not a single other site was taken within 300 yards. Because of the recent rains, most of the trails were off limits. And they have a pretty bad argentinian ant problem this Fall. So, I didn't get to go hiking any. But, I bought some ant killer and sprinkled it around the perimeter of my pad and no ants in the RV!

Overall, it's nice. Well kept. And I was pretty much alone here for my entire 3 day stay.

Big and Beautiful

Had a great time at this park. The site was perfect and level. Grill and covered picnic table. Excellent for hiking and boating. You can’t go wrong with Cedar Hill State Park.

Rvs only

Rvs only it shows as tents but no

Clean and quiet

All sites have concrete pads, picnic tables, grill, fire ring, electric and water. Also can camp in tents or rent a cabin.

Great City Park

Very nice park. Only a few site with full hook ups but over 200 sites with water and electric 30amp.

Great spot for us

My wife was having tests at Baylor Hospital. We were thankful this park was close by. We liked the place alot, we parked on one of the many concrete sites. We were able to use the pull thrus but still unhooked for our dr visits.  I think it's a great deal, reasonable and great host. Thanks for a nice stay.  We will return to McKinney and stay with you.

Well kept State Pak

Concrete back in sites with full hookup’s! Also fire rings, covered patio table’s. Great place for fishing kayaking and hiking!

Membership park

Nice enough. Membership required. Very expensive.

Awesome place

Friendly and helpful staff. Large sites with very clean facilities.

The Hidden Gem of Dallas

If you are looking for a camp and a retreat center for your church, family reunion, or school trip, Ascend is the place to go. Wide range of activities, incredible food, and most gracious hospitality out there.

Great spot to get away.

Camped here a lot in my teenage days. Nice place. Clean spots.

Great spot for family relaxation!

Great spots in the Texas hill country right on the Brazos! We fish and tube the river every year!

Cramped and noisy

Right off the interstate. Long term work camp. Very cramped spots. Nice store on site.

Peaceful

Quiet and open. Easy to get to but off the beaten path.

Woke up here once.

Woke up here once. Nice place.

On the water.

The campground is on the water at lake Ray Roberts Marina.

Benbrook

No complaints. Campsites were large and not to close together. Restrooms near our sites were clean, and people were friendly.

Nice Texas St Park! Class B heaven

Enjoyed a night here. Site was right on the water. Level and clean. Lots of hiking trails. You really can’t go wrong with Johnson Branch on Lake Ray Roberts.

Great for camping and trails

This site is great for hiking, mountain biking and camping.

Not a campsite

Equestrian trail and boat launch. This is big parking lot for a boat launch on Lake Lavon and a large Equestrian trail. No camping sites but we have done a picnic here. It’s a few minutes from our home.

Fun for the kids!

Beautiful park! 60-70 tree covered camp sites. Roads were in good condition. Pet friendly. Plenty to do for the kids. Don’t really have anything negative to say about it other than the price tag. It was expensive, but we definitely got what we paid for. Several playgrounds, maze, volleyball, basketball, pond, and activities. We also visited the Waterpark that is joined to the park. The price of admission was very reasonable. Would recommend this park and will most likely be going back.

Suburban encroachment

I grew up going to Erwin Park to camp. It was a well kept secret with spacious tent sites, picnic areas and hiking trails.

Located just outside of McKinney, it has become a popular spot with mountain bikers. That can create issues on the weekend when the trails are teeming with cyclists. It just gets crowded and parking can be a challenge. Hiking also isn’t as safe.

The park is maintained by parks & rec and can cleanliness can vary. Unfortunately we have noticed more litter and left over junk in the fire pits as its popularity has increased.

If you are a mountain biker, this park offers great creekbed, wooded trails. As I mentioned before, it’s a popular spot so bring your patience with other riders.

My happy place, my home away from home.

I love this park. Nice RV sites, close to the water. Campground close to town but away from the noise. Nice boat ramp/dock and day use areas too. Recently renovated bathrooms. Staff friendly. Can reserve online, book ahead, fills up fast.

Camping in Suburbia

I like this COE campground because conveniently located near where I live, and if I’m lucky I can snag a site with trees and lake access. But the tradeoff for convenience is proximity to civilization. This definitely isn’t wilderness and as another reviewer pointed out, the campground can be noisy. It’s located adjacent to I-35, just west of the Lake Lewisville bridge, so there’s traffic noise depending on how close you’re camped to the road. The electric was recently upgraded after the flooding this year. So there’s 50 amp available now too. I camped at site 39 and it was an asphalt/gravel pad and fairly level. Water pressure was good and there was lots of shade and ample privacy between sites in this section. Sites on the point have few trees and wide open spaces, but the lake view is expansive. Bathrooms and showers were clean and functioning. There’s a bike/walking path that goes around and through the park and a beach. In my opinion a few of the best sites are on a little peninsula (sites 91, 92, 93 looked prime) with a little sandy beach and access into a cove of the lake. I’ll be back.