Equestrian

No Sewer Hookups
Isle du Bois Unit Ray Roberts Lake State Park is located in Texas
17 Reviews of Isle du Bois Unit Ray Roberts Lake State Park
Best place near Dallas

This is the best place to camp in the immediate Dallas area - nice lake with beach and we’ll kept sites. There are nice group sites in the primitive areas that are more wooded and we like.

Isle Du Bois (Lake Ray Roberts State Park)

In the hot month of July 2020 I loaded up Little Red and headed out to spend several days camping at the Isle Du Bois Unit of Ray Roberts Lake. Located north of the greater DFW Metroplex Isle Du Bois is one of the busiest Texas State Parks in North Texas. Ray Roberts Lake is situated in the Cross Timbers region of Texas as a result there are plenty of big oak trees to provide shade and there is an abundance of wildlife as well. The Isle Du Bois unit features well over 2 miles of concrete hike and bike trails as well as one of the nicest beaches found in North Texas. Isle Du Bois State Park on Ray Roberts Lake is an excellent place to catch a whole lot of fish! A five lane boat ramp means there is very little wait time to launch and recover. No boat? No worries! Isle Du Bois features an excellent fishing pier and plenty of easy to access bank. Come along with me as I explore the Isle Du Bois Unit of Ray Roberts Lake State Park!

Beach where is there is no ocean

We wanted somewhere close where we could take our daughter to play on a beach. This state park did the trick. I only gave it 4 stars because we only stayed for the day so I can't really say what the camping experience is like. We hope to get back soon for a longer visit.

Words can’t describe “Beautiful”

Absolutely our favorite park. The staff was so helpful. Made for a great first time camping. Sparked a new love of camping and adventure. Awoke a greater love of the outdoors.

Beautiful State Park

Big, beautiful Texas State Park. Very clean and nice level camping sites. The beach area was closed due to past flooding and cleaning but all else was open. My rig and I enjoyed site 136 🚐

North Central Texas beaut

There are few lakes around this area, and even fewer campgrounds that I would even consider camping at, but this one is at the top of the list. The toilets/showers are clean, the campgrounds are spaced well with good surrounding trees, and the campers respect each other’s space. I’ve only been twice, but I would highly recommend this one before many of the others in the area. Ray Roberts is a much better lake for camping and all that entails, other lakes are known for their party atmosphere and rowdiness.

RV camping

We went last weekend, water is high, some areas for RV flooded out. Great place to go.

Good spot for a state park

Lots of good tent sites both on the water or a short hike to it.

Fishing and boating park

Went here for a week and it was okay. If you have a boat or love to fish it’s the perfect place. My tent was right by the water which was great but during the weekend too many kids were getting near my tent and too close to my personal belongings. I still had a good time but I would definitely go again when it’s not so busy

Tent Camping - Isle DuBois

For a more tranquil experience, book a site at the Hawthorne grounds. Showers are available at Deer Ridge and Quail Run campgrounds (less primitive). Hawthorne has water, restrooms, and some tree coverage. “Luxury” camping features can be found at other grounds (ex. Fish cleaning, electric). Camping tends to book up fast so plan your trip in advance. Fishing, swimming, lots of trails (horse, hike, bike).