Yurts
National Park Service
Malaquite - Padre Island National Seashore is located in Texas
13 Reviews of Malaquite - Padre Island National Seashore
Really on the Beach!

As you drive on PR22 you feel yourself getting to a slower way of living! Once thru the main entrance enjoy the drive. You'll pass the Visitor center on your left, be sure to stop in. They have an excellent little gift shop, great displays & good information. It is also where you can shower. Several good overlooks of the beach also. Worth the stop!

Once you reach the pavement and you're on the beach, just a couple of miles past the Visitor Center. There's a bathroom & dumpsters at that point.

Continue on and you're driving on Padre Island beach! It's beautiful! The first 5 miles are where RV's & regular cars & vans can get with no issues. At the 5 mile point you'll see a sign that says high clearance, 4X4 only part this point. The sand gets heavier, deeper & harder to get thru at that point.

1-4.5 miles from the road are the places to RV camp. Beyond is for the adventurous & tenters!

I found a spot about 1 mile I . It was great! Got my RV 🚐 level, place to park my 4X4, breezy & beautiful!

If you're a sun & sand person, you'll be in heaven! 🐸 LOL. For me, my favorite time is about 7pm to 8am! I cook quite easily! 🐸

Not too many people during the week. Enough room the even on Cinco de Mayo weekend the beach was not packed…busy, but with room left over!

If you do the beach, only fee is park entrance fee. You can stay up to 14 days. Be sure to pack it more teach than you generate to help the beach! Make sure you have extra clothes. I highly recommend either a good weather app on phone or a NOAA weather radio, or both!

I spent 6 nights there…it was awesome! Would have stayed longer but weather got me! Between a storm front & wind driven tides, 7th morning woke up to the tide under me! 🐸 LOL! Called in the cavalry…my kids…to come help me dig it & pull me out! But it was grand!

If you have the National Parks annual pass or the Senior Pass, it is free camping on the beach. If you need supplies it is about a 22 mile roundtrip to Wally & HEB.

Would I recommend this beach - YES! Excellent views, great wildlife, peaceful & breathtaking!

For more of my adventure, please go to… www.ayntsi.us or truckingfrog.blogspot.com

Enjoy the Nature! 🐸

Convenient to beach and nearby turtle hatchlings.

Toilets & showers on site. No food nearby. Purchase supplies before entering island.

Great camping for the family

get there early as weekends fill up fast. we usually get there Wednesday night and stay till the following Wednesday. June-July are great to go and watch the sea turtle releases.

Malaquite Campground

People friendly. Tent camping on beach.could be quite sandy. Sand will go through mosquito netting. Keep pets leashed!

First Release of Seaturtles 2018

The showers were warm in June.There is no warm water setting . Man-O-War on beach be careful. I wished motorhomes would turn off their lights at night, so we could get a full view of the awesome sky.

Wonderful

I drive my RV right on the beach, and good time BBQ swim and drive my Jeep down the Island to Shell Island where you can find thousands of shell washing a shore, just beautiful, get up early watch the sun rise. Just love it.

Great place to camp

This is a great spot to camp with the family. No hook ups for you RV types but they do have facilities to use. Best to get there during the week though as it fills up fast on weekends.

National Seashore beach camping

Camp on a little strip of land right on the gulf. White sand, gentle waves,wildlife, sunrises, not too crowded. Primitive tent camping close to the water. Very basic but clean facilities. Sites are very close but the views make it worthwhile, though there are some other camping options in this park. Feels almost like parts of Florida. Worth shaking sand out of your sleeping bag for months…

Room with a view

We were lucky to get a campsite on the ocean and it was amazing. Falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean was a first for me. The campgrounds were a bit crowded but it was nice that there were showers in the visitors center. Overall I would recommend visiting here because it was an amazing camping experience for me.

Malaquite Campground at Padre Island National Park

We’ve stayed at all the campsites along Padre Island over the years, they’re all pretty similar for views but they have different facilities. In a tent you can camp out at the beach or right next to the picnic table/parking lot. The breeze off the ocean is great. This is a very basic campground, they just have water and toilets, and it’s all very open and close quarters but you are right on the beach so it’s still nice. Not far from the main entrance but still a bit of a drive from “civilization.”