San Antonio, TEXAS

Camping Texas San Antonio

Most Recent San Antonio Camping Reviews
Rude employees

et me start this by saying that the park is beautiful but the reason we will not be returning and we will pay to go elsewhere is a particular employee. She is an older lady with chin length gray hair who was so unbelievably rude to us!!! We had already been staying at the park for a day and had our car tagged. We had left for the day and when we came back, the gate was open. We stopped at the stop sign and looked inside and no one was there and we went through the gate and next thing we hear a woman screaming at us and when we backed up and started rolling down the window, she literally yelled for my husband to put on a mask, which he did with no problem and then she yelled this is a federal park and you can’t just come in and my husband nicely said “yes ma’am we have a reservation” and he pointed at our car tag and she rudely goes well I didn’t see it and there is a stop sign for a reason and my husband says well the gate was up and I did stop at the stop sign and we looked in and no one was there and she rudely goes “well the gate is broken and I was washing my hands” and then storms off. Not once was my husband rude to this lady. If your gate is broke and you want people to do more than just stop at your stop sign and you want them to wait to be waved in, then put a sign. There are a ton of other handwritten signs at the gate house. There was no reason for us to be treated that way. I’m so very disappointed in this place.

Peace and quiet

Nice open space with a lot of places for camping far from other sites. The Stars looked amazing at night. Ended up staying an extra night because we didn't want to leave. The bathrooms were very clean and showers were amazing.

CLOSED FOR THE SEASON

I spent days searching how to reserve or get someone with info on the phone. There are only two campground open at Canyon Lake for the 2020 season and can be reserved on recreation.gov. Canyon Park is CLOSED for the rest of 2020

On the Guadalupe

Nice campground with lots of River Access. Beautiful little area with small rapids called Devil’s playgroup is fantastic. Lots of RV and tent sites on the water. Small store for snacks and water. Bathrooms are fine - you need tokens to shower.

Nice lodge and bathrooms

The setting is beautiful in the Texas Hill country. The lodge and pool are fantastic. There is also Gaga ball, a basketball court, a play ground, game room and ping pong. Activities in the lodge for kids. The bathrooms were very nice. I was a little disappointed with the river. It was quite a walk to the river and it was very very low. Other than that, everything was great….I’m just a river girl and wished for more.

Another night at KOA

I know not everyone loves the tent pitching experience so 2 days later ,before heading home, I decided to book a basic cabin to see how it is inside and out. I have to say that it’s a lot of fun for the kids and us as well. We didn’t want the kitchen or restroom, still keeping it outdoors kinda, but the restrooms are about a 1-2 walk and they have a barbque pit. We just fired up some wood and made some fried bologna sandwiches. 😂 Pool was also open so the kids and wife had a blast!

Guadalupe State Park

My family and I love it here, it’s a great place to stay and feel the nature at ya best

Our stay at the KOA

Easy check in and very easy guide around the park. They had great activity for adults and kids to enjoy. We didn’t have a chance to enjoy all of them, because of the rain, but we did what we could. Park and restrooms are extremely clean. They have multiple parks in different states which I know for sure will be a great stay as well.

Nice Park

All the sites are pull through, have full hook ups (30 and 50) and are big enough to park the largest of rigs. Grass was all mowed and park was clean. Staff was super nice. Had a decent dog run at the back of the park. Propane for sale on site and two wash houses with washers and dryers. Large playground for the little ones to play. Even with all the full timers, there were plenty of open spaces. Very quiet minus the train but when the a/c is on, you don’t even hear it. Would be 5 stars if there was a little more shade.

Large Quiet and Lots of Fun

We spent 4 nights at Antler Oaks Lodge and it was quiet and relaxing. We enjoyed the pool and the river multiple times daily. It was hot but we managed to keep cool. There is a huge hall rec area that they have where they have games, couches, store and a library. There is a playscape, basketball and volleyball court. We have an RV but there are tons of cabins to rent as well. Our kids loved it and we have it on our list to go back to again one day.