About McKinney Falls State Park
$20.00 - $24.00
McKinney Falls State Park is located in Texas
43 Reviews of McKinney Falls State Park
Good Experience

Make sure the water level is up, during my second visit to this park the water was low and not moving. The water was nasty in some spots due to stagnant water. However, beautiful when the water level is normal or up and Plenty of good hiking trails as well.

Nice little forest in the city

Great campground within miles of downtown Austin.  Two scenic waterfalls for frolicking in warm weather camping.  Many tree ringed rv sites for privacy. Well marked hiking trails and grills for day use.

Nice trails, fantastic wildflowers

The wildflowers are fantastic when this park is in bloom. The trails are great as is the scenery. The facilities are well maintained.

Great shady campground.

This is a state park.  It is pretty big and has good campsites.   Most of the campsites have shade and all have a picnic table and fire pit.   My husband likes to fish and he enjoys the fishing spots.  The park has a great place to go swimming.  We also like it because it’s close to Austin.

Beautiful water

I put three stars because I haven't had the chance to camp here yet. I will come back with an updated review. I have gone on day hikes here and it's super cool. There are some historical sites and the water is beautiful. You can swim under the falls and in the creek/river.

Overall very good

The trails, picnic areas, swimming, and other attractions are amazing. The upper falls are easy to get to and quite refreshing. My two biggest problems come from not very many access points to the trails from the camping areas and the tent pad being made of crushed granite.

I’d highly suggest finding a camping site with a flat grassy area and using that instead.

Awesome when the falls have water

When it hasn’t been raining in Austin, the best part of this park, it’s name sake, isn’t on display. But still a freaking amazing place to camp in nature, but still be in city limits! Its crazy, but you can hike during the day and catch a movie at night (what a friend and I personally did). Nice trails. Definitely a place you have to try.

Great Local State Park

The State Park is located within the city limits of Austin Texas. It has two waterfalls and a number of cool hiking trails. They have great camping options with sites for everyone including tents and camper vans. They have 7 designated hiking trails which range from easy to moderate. Onion Creek provides great fishing and swimming. The campsites offer some cover and privacy. You need a reservation during the busy times of year in the Spring and Fall. They have some boulder features for rock climbing and a bald cypress tree that is 500 years old. This is a good option for new campers or families that wanted to get out for the weekend. They have ample facilities from restrooms to visitors areas. I have it 3 stars because of overcrowding. Otherwise a nice place for the Travis County Area.

Great campground right near Austin

This is a lovely little campground and park right near Austin. Biking, swimming, hiking … lots to do close by!

family camping

My family and I took a camping trip out here when I was in grad school back in 2016 around the time of Thanksgiving. We took our dogs and camped in a group campsite. Really nice group campgrounds if that's your vibe. We made a mini-Thanksgiving meal here at our campsite and got to hike the trails with our dogs. The mini waterfalls here are really neat along with the rock formations. Good family-friendly camping for sure.