Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Davis Mountains State Park is located in Texas
31 Reviews of Davis Mountains State Park
Great view and location

I loved this spot. It’s well taken care of, and has great facilities and campsites. My only complaint is it’s a tad expensive but still worth the stay. Wild life all around here as well, I had a skunk steal my French toast during my stay.

Davis Mountains State Park, TX

April 9-12, 2019 Very memorable park. Lots of talks and lectures. Water, electric, dump station, showers, flush toilets, and some sites with sewer. No Verizon cell service unless we went up to the Skyline Drive Scenic Overlook. Elevation 5,050. Had WiFi but we could only get if we used the booster. Had State Park pass and received a discount (1/2 off third night). The Black Bear Restaurant had a GREAT/FRESH salad bar.

Loved this place!

We only stopped here for a night- it’s a bit far off the main road for a quick stop but it’s a beautiful place. Sites weren’t that close but it’s also not “tree-y” enough to provide privacy on the loop we were on. Saw deer walk near the grounds. Electric and water hookups worked perfectly. Weather was a nice break from the usual Texas sun. Would return!

Beauty in W Texas!

We only stayed here one night passing through west Texas on our way home, but I’m glad we discovered this place. The camping was pretty close together, so I’d probably want to find dispersed camping when we go back, but the campground had full hookups, bathrooms, and showers. The campground was also about 5 minutes from town, and Fort Davis is pretty adorable. The stars are amaaazing out there, though. So pretty! We definitely had some critters who visited us during the night because our dog’s water bowl was chewed up! Will go back.

Beautiful state park!

For many years Ft Davis was one of our regular destinations during spring break. That part of Texas is breathtaking in the spring. We have had javelina come through even investigate our tent. So be sure to keep your spot clean and store all your food properly.

There’s a great hike that goes from the state park to the historic fort that I would recommend. It can be semi-strenuous but it’s well worth it.

Off the Grid!

We stayed here for 4 nights and couldn’t have asked for a better stay! A lot of wildlife come within feet of your campsite; we saw mule deer and skunks and a bull snake during our stay. We didn’t have cell service at our campsite but did when we went up the scenic road. The park isn’t but a few miles outside of Fort Davis and you can get cell service there if needed. Also, there’s fuel/gas, a grocery store and a few restaurants in Fort Davis. Balmorhea is approx 45 minutes away and Marfa is only about 30 away and you can’t not go to the McDonald Observatory that’s only 13 miles away. Lots of fun places to explore here!

Best Texas state park

My family and I enjoyed the park. I have 3 boys, 4 month old, 5 & 6 year old, they had a blast. The weather was perfect, high 90s and low 60s. The park and views are just breath taking. Love that the restroom are very clean. We stayed in campsite 70. FYI very little shade, no water spout on site, and restroom are a little far. We went during the 4th of July, and went to the top of the mountain to watch the fire works. Very nice park, we will definitely be back.

Lovely Place

We loved our stay here. Enjoyed hiking the gorgeous trails and seeing all the wildlife. Foxes, hogs and deer came to our campsite. Loved the bird watching stations.

Davis Mountains state park, May, 2019

My husband and I are on a three week camping trip from Dallas TX to various parts of California, and needed a stopping point so we choose Davis Mountains state park and it was perfect! The park is well maintained, bathrooms clean, nice hiking trails and beautiful fauna and flora. Bird watchers will love this place. We tent camped and three deer greeted us at our creek side campsite. If tent camping is not your thing, there are plenty of RV sites, and a great lodge. While in the area, we attended a star gazing party at McDonald Observatory, if you have never been, it’s a MUST SEE! They have parties on Tuesday and Saturday evenings, reservations needed, and remember, it gets chilly in the mountains at night. Caution, there is no cell service for miles around.

West Texas Classic Favorite

This is another Texas favorite. We have camped here 3 times this year. It’s a large camping area near the town of Fort Davis Texas. The campground is next to the Indian Lodge which is a must see. The adobe lodge was built in the 1930s the Civilian Conservation Corps. The campground has excellent facilities including showers, water, and a dump station. The sites tend to be close together and crowded during peak season. If you have an RV or van you will need levelers. Many of the sites are uneven or angled. Lots of wildlife including the javelinas and mule deer.