Fires Unknown
US Army Corps of Engineers
Lakeside - Hords Creek Lake is located in Texas
2 Reviews of Lakeside - Hords Creek Lake
Peaceful camping!

This camp ground is well kept. Plenty of RV spots and tent spots. We like to tent camp. The bathrooms are pretty clean and maintained, and you never have to go to far to get to one. We take our bikes to get around. I’ve gone to Lakeside since I was young for family reunions and camping and I love it. It’s always so peaceful and I love to watch the deer that roam around. My go to spot!

Big park, open spaces

This COE park covers a lot of ground and the campsites are nicely spaced. The grounds are well maintained and clean and deer abound in small herds. Went there on spring break with the grand daughters and although the park was virtually full, it was quiet. Miles from any large city, or big town for that matter, there was very little drive thru traffic. The prices for campsites are very reasonable and the restroom/ shower facilities are numerous and clean. The lake is an area fishing spot and although there were a few boats out, they weren't racing all over the lake nor pulling skiiers, but it was still March when I went, and a little cool for water sports.

The closest town, Coleman, is a nice country town with a coup!e very good places to eat. The murals on the town buildings make it a nice place to walk around, look, and take pictures.