Equestrian
Hike In
Dinosaur Valley State Park is located in Texas
30 Reviews of Dinosaur Valley State Park
Wonderful Hike

One of the best short bike near the DFW area. Good for a day picnic lunch/BBQ there are many picnic table with a grill. Pretty cool overview you can see the whole park.

Worth it

Primitive camping was a mike hike in. Once we got there camping was in a field with other tents and be careful cause voices carry. The park itself was fun. Loved being able to walk where dinosaurs left their footprints.

Adventures Await

This is absolutely one of my favorite State Parks and campgrounds I’ve ever been to. I have been visiting this park & campground since I was a child. I’ve camped, tube rafted the river, played in the water, found all the dinosaur tracks (yes, real actual dinosaurs were here) and hiked all the trails numerous times. I have never had a bad experience here. Always lots to do and I end up finding at least one new thing every time I go. The campsites are pretty secluded by trees for privacy. They are clean, well maintained and each have a fire pit and picnic table. There are tent sites as well as full hook-up sites. The public restroom & showers are always clean & well kept. The absolute best thing about this place is that you can actually touch and stand on a REAL dinosaur track!!! There are signs explaining which dinosaur left each particular track and giving all the information about the individual dinosaur and the time frame they lived there. It’s really cool, even for an adult. The water is always clear and cool. There are several swimming “holes” that are very refreshing, one even has a cliff you can jump off of into it because it’s deep & safe. The hiking is superb, with nice groomed trails and beautiful scenery. Easy enough for children but still challenging enough for the adults due to the elevation changes. The outlooks are spectacular views. I see why the dinosaur’s chose to live there. The town of Glen Rose is right down the road and they have stores for anything you might’ve forgotten or need. Also, the town has several good restaurants if you want a night off from cooking. You can’t go wrong with this State Park & campground. I can’t find one negative thing about it. Pure Texas Perfection!!

Awesome park

Went for a day trip with family. Boys had a great time. The staff does a great job of keeping the park clean and they are all super friendly.

Fun place for family

Explore dinosaur tracks!  Very nice campground

Family camping

Nice camping spot for families. I chose to camp in the north primitive hike-in sites across the river. It was pretty hot but I still had a good time exploring the hiking trails. If you go hiking, take a map and of course extra water. My map came in handy a couple of times as I was hiking as the actual trails led me off track a few times.

I stayed in the primitive camping area. You hike between 1-2.5 miles across the river to sites. If the river is too high these sites may be closed. Water is only available at the trailhead. These sites are primitive so they do not have showers, restrooms, picnic tables or water.

Other sites available:

• Campsites with electricity (Picnic tables, water hookup, electric, fire ring)
  • Walk-in campsites (Fire ring, lantern post)
  • Group camp (fire ring, water nearby, three picnic tables)
What a great vacation spot!

We all loved this park! Our sites were good size and perfect for us. We stayed in 17 and 15. 17 was very large but the table was way away from the pad and people were always walking thru because it was the start of a trail. 15 was nice size but the site to the right was close. We will try for 17 again! We walked to the Dino tracks from our sites too! Fishing was good.

The only really disappointing thing was the store claimed to have a food truck you could eat from and had hours posted but it was not open our entire four day stay in mid June!

Lots of Dino tracks

Lots of great hiking with so many Dino tracks in the river. To get to my campsite I had to hike in a mile and a half and cross a river that went up to my knees. It was an awesome experience. Only wish that could’ve stayed longer. I had to leave early because the river became impassable from the storm, so the rangers had to come and get me out. The best time to go see the tracks is in the summer

Good camping, cool natural history

The facilities and campgrounds here are nice because they all include and electric outlet. But the real beauty of this park lies in it's natural history. In the Creek bed you can find dinosaur tracks for which the park was named. The paluxy river provides a beautiful backdrop for the hikes of the park as well.

This is a beautiful State Park with miles of trails, year round family activities, and dinosaur foot prints.

Most of the trails, and primitive camp sites, are accessed by fording the river. This can be impossible depending on recent rain.