Caddo National Grassland, TEXAS
Camping Texas Caddo National Grassland
Most Recent Caddo National Grassland Camping Reviews
My happy place, my home away from home.

I love this park. Nice RV sites, close to the water. Campground close to town but away from the noise. Nice boat ramp/dock and day use areas too. Recently renovated bathrooms. Staff friendly. Can reserve online, book ahead, fills up fast.

Camping in Suburbia

I like this COE campground because conveniently located near where I live, and if I’m lucky I can snag a site with trees and lake access. But the tradeoff for convenience is proximity to civilization. This definitely isn’t wilderness and as another reviewer pointed out, the campground can be noisy. It’s located adjacent to I-35, just west of the Lake Lewisville bridge, so there’s traffic noise depending on how close you’re camped to the road. The electric was recently upgraded after the flooding this year. So there’s 50 amp available now too. I camped at site 39 and it was an asphalt/gravel pad and fairly level. Water pressure was good and there was lots of shade and ample privacy between sites in this section. Sites on the point have few trees and wide open spaces, but the lake view is expansive. Bathrooms and showers were clean and functioning. There’s a bike/walking path that goes around and through the park and a beach. In my opinion a few of the best sites are on a little peninsula (sites 91, 92, 93 looked prime) with a little sandy beach and access into a cove of the lake. I’ll be back.

Waterfront sites. Not much privacy.

COE campground. $22/night which is cheaper than the usual $30 at COE campgrounds closer to the DFW area. About an hour and 20 minutes north of the Metroplex. There are actually 2 campgrounds in JP - Juniper Point East and West because they are divided by Hwy. 377. The road into Juniper East is paved with some curves, but no problems getting into the park even for the big rigs that I saw towing boats too.

I stayed on the East side 2 weeks after they reopened from the recent flooding which was substantial. It was also over 100 degrees! As far as I could see the flooding impacted many of the gravel sites which were not level and in some cases sloped off on one side. This was the case for my pad, but I just parked farther over. 30 amp hookup and water pressure was good. Sites come with a concrete picnic bench, campfire ring and a grill/camp stove/fish cleaning stand.

I camped in Site 29 which was at the end of the campground with direct Lake Texoma access and trees behind the site. There’s a mixture of trees, most of which are Junipers, thus the name ;) This makes for scant privacy between sites. I watched my neighbor clean his fish from my camp chair and was delighted by his 3 small dogs barking while he fished from the shore. Sigh…

On the plus side, there was a grassy area that sloped down to the lake which is better than poison ivy or dirt. The main positive for this campground is the location right on the water. Many of the campers pulled their boats up to shore and walked to their rigs. I could put my kayak in from my site as well. In addition, there are 2 boat ramps (one at East and West) and a bathhouse/toliets, but I didn’t use them so can’t speak to their status. I road my bike over to Juniper West. This meant crossing over Hwy 377 with traffic speeding by at 70 mph.  Juniper West appears to be the newer of the 2 campgrounds, with concrete pads. However, the dump station (for both East & West) is located directly across from 4 sites. These sites wouldn’t be my choice.

Lastly, Juniper West has a rockier shore and a higher elevation so there seemed to be more of a breeze. The video is taken of the Juniper West shoreline. This is also where the Cross Timbers trail head is located.  Great hiking for the area! I’m going to try camping at Juniper West and hike the Cross Timbers trail in the fall when it’s cooler.

Casino camping at KOA

Very clean KOA right next to Choctaw casino. They have a shuttle that comes right to your spot to take you to the casino. Cable tv and a great pool as well! Great place!

Spacious tent campgrounds

This campground is not entirely close to the lake and you may have to drive or walk a ways to get there. However, my husband and I enjoyed this campground because it was spacious and quiet. It is located further away from the restrooms but it was definitely worth staying here if you are looking for a peaceful getaway.

Beautiful State Park

Big, beautiful Texas State Park. Very clean and nice level camping sites. The beach area was closed due to past flooding and cleaning but all else was open. My rig and I enjoyed site 136 🚐

North Central Texas beaut

There are few lakes around this area, and even fewer campgrounds that I would even consider camping at, but this one is at the top of the list. The toilets/showers are clean, the campgrounds are spaced well with good surrounding trees, and the campers respect each other’s space. I’ve only been twice, but I would highly recommend this one before many of the others in the area. Ray Roberts is a much better lake for camping and all that entails, other lakes are known for their party atmosphere and rowdiness.

Great Urban Campground

Here’s a pic of my rig in spot 44b at Hidden Cove Park this past Saturday. This is a private run campground for tents and RVs. They also have cabins and a bunkhouse for rent. Great full service restaurant and marina where you can rent all types of water toys. Had a great time and I’ll return soon.

Absolutely awesome

The park has undergone some repairs and maintenance but we love camping here. Peaceful and lots of wildlife so close to home.

Nice but Check-In was Slow

Stayed a night at this park. I preregistered and thought I was ready to go. The gate guard said I still had to go inside to check-in. They couldn’t find all of my info and it took forever to get straightened out. The State employees made me feel like a criminal. Ridiculous!

Great park close to home

We go here when we went to stay close to home. We’ve stayed in the tent area and the RV area. Both are always clean and the staff is always friendly. Great place!!

So convenient

This isn’t a large park and it can be difficult to get a reservation but it is so conveniently located basically in the middle of the Metroplex.

By The Lake

Stayed here for three nights with the family. Very nice lots with full hookups and cable. Owners were super nice and accommodating. Used the pool every day along with the game room. Nice to have a spot that has it all, dog park, fishing lake, pool good WiFi and great lots!

Great Family Experience

Check-in was very easy, sites were very clean and well maintained, playground was amazing with an awesome ‘roller-coaster’ swing that the teenagers even loved. Bathrooms are not private but they’re clean. Immediate access to the lake and a beautiful view! A great little escape from the city.

Fisherman’s Paradise

A very nice clean well kept state run camping resort. Many shaded spots. And great fishing! Some of the best hybrid Striper in the country. Price is great as well. Make sure to reserve your spot online if it is near a holiday. We will definitely be back.

Has it all

We really love coming to Elephant Rock. It has great options- some spots are secluded in the trees and some are open in the middle areas if you want to be around people. It has lake access, great playgrounds for kids, close to town with everything you need.

Nice stay

Great pull through sites, all WiFi cellphone service, etc. Would have liked covered tables but most folks are there for the casino action. Free shuttle to and from every 15 minutes. Very nice facility.

RV camping

We went last weekend, water is high, some areas for RV flooded out. Great place to go.

Great for practice

Little traffic and a big hilly open place to practice your woodsmen skills. Key spot for primitive camping with no hookups that I saw. Very open space with lots of trail

Pretty nice for a group camp 👍🏻👍🏻

Pretty nice for a group camp 👍🏻👍🏻🤗🤗

Tent camping

Electric hookups for RV generally a small area first come first serve…. 5 dollars per tent….restrooms and park lights…. stores nearby….. no showers

Great Primitive area

If you are looking for a primitive site then this is the spot. If your looking for a camping area set up for tents then you can find it here. I love coming out to LBJ

Good spot for a state park

Lots of good tent sites both on the water or a short hike to it.

Very Rustic

I like this site and recommend it all the time.

Great for Groups!

I'm member of group that camps there twice a year.

This is a great location. Good Cell Service - even though we go to unplug.

This is a beautiful site with nice facilities.  It is close enough for shopping and restaurants should that be needed and isolated enough to enjoy the outdoors.

Loved it

Our site backed up to the crystal clear lake. Very secluded. Clean and quiet camp ground. Our kids loved it. Will defiantly be back !

Just keep driving...

We called and had a spot. When we pulled up and saw it.. we left. It seemed really sketchy. We got a spot over at Lighthouse for $45/night.