Fort Worth, TEXAS

Most Recent Fort Worth Camping Reviews
Convenient

Close to shopping. Full hook ups with trees galore. Quiet. Large coach accommodations with multiple pull thru sites. Large roadways allow easy access to the sites.

Enjoyable

Nice city walking trail nearby and the Paluxy River. Family oriented with pool Extra charge for pool usage. Restaurants in walking distance. Pull-thru accommodations for large coaches with Full Hook ups.

Wonderful Hike

One of the best short bike near the DFW area. Good for a day picnic lunch/BBQ there are many picnic table with a grill. Pretty cool overview you can see the whole park.

Beautiful Hidden Gem

I'm from Texas, and I've never thought, "Let's go to Mineral Wells!".  My daughter who lives in Ft. Worth suggested we go the Lake Mineral Wells State Park for a weekend camping get away.  We wanted to spend the weekend hiking and hanging out at our campsite.  This was the perfect combination.

We stayed on the Live Oak campground loop which has 30/50 amp/water.  We were lucky to snag the very last spot for the weekend.  Our site was right on the lake on a little 20 foot bluff that was perfect for watching the sunrise and drinking coffee each morning.  We spend our only full day hiking.  We visited the rock climbing area and also hiked to the primitive camping area.  The weather was perfect, blue bird skies and breezy mid-60's.

We felt very safe at this park.  The close the gate at 10 pm and you must have a code to enter after that.  The park host is also a ranger.  He and his wife were directly across from our site.  The whole park seems to be heavily patrolled.  Always a good feeling.  I would recommend camping here!

Quiet. Nice.

I stayed in rv campsite 270 on a peninsula and a nice view of the water's edge. The roads in this park are absolutely terrible. The winds were high (over 20 mile and hour wind gusts). And it rained a lot.

I stayed during the week. Not a single other site was taken within 300 yards. Because of the recent rains, most of the trails were off limits. And they have a pretty bad argentinian ant problem this Fall. So, I didn't get to go hiking any. But, I bought some ant killer and sprinkled it around the perimeter of my pad and no ants in the RV!

Overall, it's nice. Well kept. And I was pretty much alone here for my entire 3 day stay.

Big and Beautiful

Had a great time at this park. The site was perfect and level. Grill and covered picnic table. Excellent for hiking and boating. You can’t go wrong with Cedar Hill State Park.

Interesting place

Situated on Lake Livingston, it is located at the back of a golf course subdivision of interesting mix of houses. This was quite the campground back in the day. Some sites are on the lake and some have lake views. It is a quiet park with most sites unoccupied. It is a membership type park but they accept several camping groups like Passport America.

Rvs only

Rvs only it shows as tents but no

Clean and quiet

All sites have concrete pads, picnic tables, grill, fire ring, electric and water. Also can camp in tents or rent a cabin.

Great City Park

Very nice park. Only a few site with full hook ups but over 200 sites with water and electric 30amp.

Worth it

Primitive camping was a mike hike in. Once we got there camping was in a field with other tents and be careful cause voices carry. The park itself was fun. Loved being able to walk where dinosaurs left their footprints.

Adventures for everyone

We haven’t camped yet, but we’ve kayaked and picnics there. We live it. We’ll be back to camp soon.

Membership park

Nice enough. Membership required. Very expensive.

Awesome place

Friendly and helpful staff. Large sites with very clean facilities.

Rundown and Rude Staff

They tell you to go pick out a spot and then call it in to them. Most of the sites had no number and I told the office this. Rather than help, she argued with me and was very nasty. When I said I wanted a refund, they could not provide it. A guy finally helped me but I will never stay at this place again. Lots of shady long term residents. The whole place is just old and dated. Avoid….

Great location

First time camping in this area of Texas! The rolling hills are beautiful! This campground is very dark at night, so if you are arriving later in the evening beware! The RV sites are not marked very well! They are level and they do have some near the water! They have a nice pool and club house! The staff was very friendly! This campground is not far from downtown Bridgeport, there are several restaurants and if you want a good burger try 5 boys Ranch! I took my kayak to do some fishing!

The Hidden Gem of Dallas

If you are looking for a camp and a retreat center for your church, family reunion, or school trip, Ascend is the place to go. Wide range of activities, incredible food, and most gracious hospitality out there.

Adventures Await

This is absolutely one of my favorite State Parks and campgrounds I’ve ever been to. I have been visiting this park & campground since I was a child. I’ve camped, tube rafted the river, played in the water, found all the dinosaur tracks (yes, real actual dinosaurs were here) and hiked all the trails numerous times. I have never had a bad experience here. Always lots to do and I end up finding at least one new thing every time I go. The campsites are pretty secluded by trees for privacy. They are clean, well maintained and each have a fire pit and picnic table. There are tent sites as well as full hook-up sites. The public restroom & showers are always clean & well kept. The absolute best thing about this place is that you can actually touch and stand on a REAL dinosaur track!!! There are signs explaining which dinosaur left each particular track and giving all the information about the individual dinosaur and the time frame they lived there. It’s really cool, even for an adult. The water is always clear and cool. There are several swimming “holes” that are very refreshing, one even has a cliff you can jump off of into it because it’s deep & safe. The hiking is superb, with nice groomed trails and beautiful scenery. Easy enough for children but still challenging enough for the adults due to the elevation changes. The outlooks are spectacular views. I see why the dinosaur’s chose to live there. The town of Glen Rose is right down the road and they have stores for anything you might’ve forgotten or need. Also, the town has several good restaurants if you want a night off from cooking. You can’t go wrong with this State Park & campground. I can’t find one negative thing about it. Pure Texas Perfection!!

Great spot to get away.

Camped here a lot in my teenage days. Nice place. Clean spots.

Great spot for family relaxation!

Great spots in the Texas hill country right on the Brazos! We fish and tube the river every year!

Cramped and noisy

Right off the interstate. Long term work camp. Very cramped spots. Nice store on site.

Peaceful

Quiet and open. Easy to get to but off the beaten path.

Woke up here once.

Woke up here once. Nice place.

On the water.

The campground is on the water at lake Ray Roberts Marina.

Benbrook

No complaints. Campsites were large and not to close together. Restrooms near our sites were clean, and people were friendly.

Fun for the kids!

Beautiful park! 60-70 tree covered camp sites. Roads were in good condition. Pet friendly. Plenty to do for the kids. Don’t really have anything negative to say about it other than the price tag. It was expensive, but we definitely got what we paid for. Several playgrounds, maze, volleyball, basketball, pond, and activities. We also visited the Waterpark that is joined to the park. The price of admission was very reasonable. Would recommend this park and will most likely be going back.

North Texas Gem

Lake Mineral Wells State Park is an absolute standout, but then I’m partial because it combines 4 of my favorite things sublimely and almost in my backyard - camping, hiking, biking and kayaking. Heaven! The drive from the DFW area isn't bad either with rolling hills that are a nice departure from the usual Metroplex flatlands.

My first trip here I was stumped by how to get to the campground. The friendly folks at the gate house simply said make the first left. When I arrived at the first left, all I saw was a spillway and I thought that certainly can’t be the way.  Well, it is! What a unique experience driving below the lake. Riding my bike on this road was even more fun and refreshing!

I camped in the Plateau this trip and was lakeside. Campsite 64 has lots of cattails so I didn’t launch my kayak from here. One thing I really enjoyed about this site was the breeze off the lake. It kept a hot July weekend comfortable when sitting outside at the campsite and also seemed to keep the bugs at bay. This site had lots of wildlife and a deer strolled casually and fearlessly through the site while munching on grass. The fish were also entertaining and the frogs serenaded at night. They were loud, but my AC was louder so I didn’t hear them. Nice privacy between sites here. Level pad with good water pressure and a short walk to the clean showers/restroom. There’s a place to put in your kayaks in the Plateau campground and the water is gentle. Jet skis, water skiing and tubing are prohibited on this lake. As great as the Plateau campground is, my favorite sites are located in the Live Oak section.

I rode the trailway out to the Garner Store and Cafe on FM113, but was disappointed to find that they are closed on Sundays. The trailway between the State Park and the Garner way point is an easy crushed gravel ride, except for the trailhead from the park. Be aware that it’s a bit of a steep grade. Going down is fun. Definitely worth checking out.

Also, hiked in Penitentiary Cove. Awesome rock formations, crevasses, and little shallow caves. Climbers enjoy this spot too.

Last, but not least, check out Woody’s Bar and Grill just down the road from the park entrance heading into Mineral Wells. It’s a local, hole in the wall landmark and they’re known for their made to order burgers. They didn’t disappoint.

My happy place, my home away from home.

I love this park. Nice RV sites, close to the water. Campground close to town but away from the noise. Nice boat ramp/dock and day use areas too. Recently renovated bathrooms. Staff friendly. Can reserve online, book ahead, fills up fast.

Camping in Suburbia

I like this COE campground because conveniently located near where I live, and if I’m lucky I can snag a site with trees and lake access. But the tradeoff for convenience is proximity to civilization. This definitely isn’t wilderness and as another reviewer pointed out, the campground can be noisy. It’s located adjacent to I-35, just west of the Lake Lewisville bridge, so there’s traffic noise depending on how close you’re camped to the road. The electric was recently upgraded after the flooding this year. So there’s 50 amp available now too. I camped at site 39 and it was an asphalt/gravel pad and fairly level. Water pressure was good and there was lots of shade and ample privacy between sites in this section. Sites on the point have few trees and wide open spaces, but the lake view is expansive. Bathrooms and showers were clean and functioning. There’s a bike/walking path that goes around and through the park and a beach. In my opinion a few of the best sites are on a little peninsula (sites 91, 92, 93 looked prime) with a little sandy beach and access into a cove of the lake. I’ll be back.

Beautiful State Park

Big, beautiful Texas State Park. Very clean and nice level camping sites. The beach area was closed due to past flooding and cleaning but all else was open. My rig and I enjoyed site 136 🚐