Fort Worth, TEXAS
Most Recent Fort Worth Camping Reviews
Great location

First time camping in this area of Texas! The rolling hills are beautiful! This campground is very dark at night, so if you are arriving later in the evening beware! The RV sites are not marked very well! They are level and they do have some near the water! They have a nice pool and club house! The staff was very friendly! This campground is not far from downtown Bridgeport, there are several restaurants and if you want a good burger try 5 boys Ranch! I took my kayak to do some fishing!

The Hidden Gem of Dallas

If you are looking for a camp and a retreat center for your church, family reunion, or school trip, Ascend is the place to go. Wide range of activities, incredible food, and most gracious hospitality out there.

Adventures Await

This is absolutely one of my favorite State Parks and campgrounds I’ve ever been to. I have been visiting this park & campground since I was a child. I’ve camped, tube rafted the river, played in the water, found all the dinosaur tracks (yes, real actual dinosaurs were here) and hiked all the trails numerous times. I have never had a bad experience here. Always lots to do and I end up finding at least one new thing every time I go. The campsites are pretty secluded by trees for privacy. They are clean, well maintained and each have a fire pit and picnic table. There are tent sites as well as full hook-up sites. The public restroom & showers are always clean & well kept. The absolute best thing about this place is that you can actually touch and stand on a REAL dinosaur track!!! There are signs explaining which dinosaur left each particular track and giving all the information about the individual dinosaur and the time frame they lived there. It’s really cool, even for an adult. The water is always clear and cool. There are several swimming “holes” that are very refreshing, one even has a cliff you can jump off of into it because it’s deep & safe. The hiking is superb, with nice groomed trails and beautiful scenery. Easy enough for children but still challenging enough for the adults due to the elevation changes. The outlooks are spectacular views. I see why the dinosaur’s chose to live there. The town of Glen Rose is right down the road and they have stores for anything you might’ve forgotten or need. Also, the town has several good restaurants if you want a night off from cooking. You can’t go wrong with this State Park & campground. I can’t find one negative thing about it. Pure Texas Perfection!!

Great spot to get away.

Camped here a lot in my teenage days. Nice place. Clean spots.

Great spot for family relaxation!

Great spots in the Texas hill country right on the Brazos! We fish and tube the river every year!

Cramped and noisy

Right off the interstate. Long term work camp. Very cramped spots. Nice store on site.

Peaceful

Quiet and open. Easy to get to but off the beaten path.

Woke up here once.

Woke up here once. Nice place.

On the water.

The campground is on the water at lake Ray Roberts Marina.

Benbrook

No complaints. Campsites were large and not to close together. Restrooms near our sites were clean, and people were friendly.

Fun for the kids!

Beautiful park! 60-70 tree covered camp sites. Roads were in good condition. Pet friendly. Plenty to do for the kids. Don’t really have anything negative to say about it other than the price tag. It was expensive, but we definitely got what we paid for. Several playgrounds, maze, volleyball, basketball, pond, and activities. We also visited the Waterpark that is joined to the park. The price of admission was very reasonable. Would recommend this park and will most likely be going back.

North Texas Gem

Lake Mineral Wells State Park is an absolute standout, but then I’m partial because it combines 4 of my favorite things sublimely and almost in my backyard - camping, hiking, biking and kayaking. Heaven! The drive from the DFW area isn't bad either with rolling hills that are a nice departure from the usual Metroplex flatlands.

My first trip here I was stumped by how to get to the campground. The friendly folks at the gate house simply said make the first left. When I arrived at the first left, all I saw was a spillway and I thought that certainly can’t be the way.  Well, it is! What a unique experience driving below the lake. Riding my bike on this road was even more fun and refreshing!

I camped in the Plateau this trip and was lakeside. Campsite 64 has lots of cattails so I didn’t launch my kayak from here. One thing I really enjoyed about this site was the breeze off the lake. It kept a hot July weekend comfortable when sitting outside at the campsite and also seemed to keep the bugs at bay. This site had lots of wildlife and a deer strolled casually and fearlessly through the site while munching on grass. The fish were also entertaining and the frogs serenaded at night. They were loud, but my AC was louder so I didn’t hear them. Nice privacy between sites here. Level pad with good water pressure and a short walk to the clean showers/restroom. There’s a place to put in your kayaks in the Plateau campground and the water is gentle. Jet skis, water skiing and tubing are prohibited on this lake. As great as the Plateau campground is, my favorite sites are located in the Live Oak section.

I rode the trailway out to the Garner Store and Cafe on FM113, but was disappointed to find that they are closed on Sundays. The trailway between the State Park and the Garner way point is an easy crushed gravel ride, except for the trailhead from the park. Be aware that it’s a bit of a steep grade. Going down is fun. Definitely worth checking out.

Also, hiked in Penitentiary Cove. Awesome rock formations, crevasses, and little shallow caves. Climbers enjoy this spot too.

Last, but not least, check out Woody’s Bar and Grill just down the road from the park entrance heading into Mineral Wells. It’s a local, hole in the wall landmark and they’re known for their made to order burgers. They didn’t disappoint.

My happy place, my home away from home.

I love this park. Nice RV sites, close to the water. Campground close to town but away from the noise. Nice boat ramp/dock and day use areas too. Recently renovated bathrooms. Staff friendly. Can reserve online, book ahead, fills up fast.

Camping in Suburbia

I like this COE campground because conveniently located near where I live, and if I’m lucky I can snag a site with trees and lake access. But the tradeoff for convenience is proximity to civilization. This definitely isn’t wilderness and as another reviewer pointed out, the campground can be noisy. It’s located adjacent to I-35, just west of the Lake Lewisville bridge, so there’s traffic noise depending on how close you’re camped to the road. The electric was recently upgraded after the flooding this year. So there’s 50 amp available now too. I camped at site 39 and it was an asphalt/gravel pad and fairly level. Water pressure was good and there was lots of shade and ample privacy between sites in this section. Sites on the point have few trees and wide open spaces, but the lake view is expansive. Bathrooms and showers were clean and functioning. There’s a bike/walking path that goes around and through the park and a beach. In my opinion a few of the best sites are on a little peninsula (sites 91, 92, 93 looked prime) with a little sandy beach and access into a cove of the lake. I’ll be back.

Beautiful State Park

Big, beautiful Texas State Park. Very clean and nice level camping sites. The beach area was closed due to past flooding and cleaning but all else was open. My rig and I enjoyed site 136 🚐

Very nice COE Campground on the Brazos River

We spent 4 nights at this campground on the Brazos River and we hope to go back.  Some of the campsites close to the river have no shade, but others have shade from some large old pecan trees.  There are remnants of the old ghost town, Kimball on the property.  It was very nice and the fishing was good.  The only cell service available we were told, is AT&T.

Local

It’s okay for a local spot.

North Central Texas beaut

There are few lakes around this area, and even fewer campgrounds that I would even consider camping at, but this one is at the top of the list. The toilets/showers are clean, the campgrounds are spaced well with good surrounding trees, and the campers respect each other’s space. I’ve only been twice, but I would highly recommend this one before many of the others in the area. Ray Roberts is a much better lake for camping and all that entails, other lakes are known for their party atmosphere and rowdiness.

Great Urban Campground

Here’s a pic of my rig in spot 44b at Hidden Cove Park this past Saturday. This is a private run campground for tents and RVs. They also have cabins and a bunkhouse for rent. Great full service restaurant and marina where you can rent all types of water toys. Had a great time and I’ll return soon.

Absolutely awesome

The park has undergone some repairs and maintenance but we love camping here. Peaceful and lots of wildlife so close to home.

Great park close to home

We go here when we went to stay close to home. We’ve stayed in the tent area and the RV area. Both are always clean and the staff is always friendly. Great place!!

So convenient

This isn’t a large park and it can be difficult to get a reservation but it is so conveniently located basically in the middle of the Metroplex.

Awesome park

Went for a day trip with family. Boys had a great time. The staff does a great job of keeping the park clean and they are all super friendly.

Great Family Experience

Check-in was very easy, sites were very clean and well maintained, playground was amazing with an awesome ‘roller-coaster’ swing that the teenagers even loved. Bathrooms are not private but they’re clean. Immediate access to the lake and a beautiful view! A great little escape from the city.

Large park-awesome sites!

Our first time here and really enjoyed it. The park at lakeside had recently flooded but we were not there to go to the water and our site was not effected at all. The sites are large and all come with a covered picnic table, a fire pit, a bbq grill and hook ups except sewer where we were but we didn’t need it. They have a dump station also. Great price!

RV camping

We went last weekend, water is high, some areas for RV flooded out. Great place to go.

Fun place for family

Explore dinosaur tracks!  Very nice campground

Super fun for families!

Three pools, lots of playgrounds, mini golf, golf course, RV spots, cabins, group facilities.  Clean.  Very accommodating.

It’s okay

It’s okay but it’s too pricey for how small it is. Good representation of Texas wildlife and a good spot for family camping. Lots of traffic and places for rvs and such. Good trail system