The best WALK IN camping near
O'Quinn , TEXAS

Most Recent O'Quinn Camping Reviews
Great lil spot

Great spot to relax and have peace and quiet. Pre ordered fire wood. They had it already at my site. I was escorted to my site and given the run down. Only stayed for one night but I could stay here for a couple weeks. A few full time workers but you only see them early in morning or late at night.

Quiet little park

I’ve seen some bad reviews of this park and I can’t tell you why I understand there isn’t much to do here but swim fish and relax the sites are full of trees and not to close. Overall we enjoy this park with our 4 and 6 year old. This was our second 3 day visit. Worth the drive from Houston every time.

A quiet little Gem!

What a gem of a park! We only stayed one night so I did not get to use any amenities except for the DOG Park! What a wonderful amenity with the automatic lights for after dark. Park was very clean and quiet. The way the site was set up was truly delightful. Picnic table in just the right place, Oak tree in just the right place, outdoor decorative lighting, awesome fire pit. I really wish I had time to stay longer. This place will be a“must” stay the next time I come thru. Highly recommend!

Nice small park

This is the Lockhart state park and you can reserve online through the state park site. Check in is simple and easy access. There are 2 small loops for RV’s each with about 10 sites. One loop is full hookups with 50amp and the other is water&electric only with much smaller sites. We are pulling a 35’ 5th wheel and fit ok but the sites are not deep. The sites are also not super level and our site #2 sloped back. Decent hiking trails and a creek with fish runs through the park. There is also a 9hole golf course too.

Quiet & Private

Pros:

• Quick check-in

• 176-acre park with 40 campsites on the south shore of Lake Bastrop.

• Level site concrete pad surrounded by crushed granite.

• Aluminum picnic table, lantern pole, BBQ grill and fire pit with cooking grill.

• Cleaned BBQ grill and fire pit upon arrival.

• Very private as the site was surrounded by heavy brush.

• Even though Spring Break and the campground was packed, it was quiet.

• Firewood is available for purchase from Park.

Cons:

• LCRA $6 on-line reservation fee.

• Long waits for toilet/shower. All are family type facilities with the toilet, sink and shower as one unit behind a lock door, so one showering person ties up a toilet. There are 8“units” for 40 campsites PLUS cabins.

• Toilets/showers could of used more frequent cleaning as they are heavily used.

So Peaceful...

This is the second time we have stayed here. This time was from Christmas Eve until the Sunday after. This place doesn’t disappoint. There are nice hiking trails. The lake views are beautiful. All the campsites appear to be very well kept. My husband went fishing for a bit. He didn’t catch anything, but he witnessed another gentleman catch a 20” fish, so we know there are fish in the lake. We stayed in campsite 28, which is a great space…unless it’s windy. Had great internet service, which is unusual for us in a state park.

A TT campground which was comfortable

The river is a beautiful site no doubt. The campgrounds are older and could use a bit of updating. We were close to the river. Was a bit disappointed as when booking through TT website, it said full hook ups when we arrived, only Water and Electric were available. ( reason for the 4 instead of 5 stars }Not a big issue as we were only there for a couple nights and as full-timers, we have a system down pat where our rig could stay off a sewer line for at least 7-10 days. All in all, its a nice place to come and relax, not too much to do if your a family. Clean restrooms and showers.

Friendly and convenient

We stopped here for an overnight stop on our road trip. The staff was very helpful when we called to reserve a spot earlier in the day. The park is clean with level spots. It looks like there are a lot of people who stay for extended periods. We got a neat treat at check-in with recommendations for more treats in town. The office also has a cute shop with the basics, if you need them, and some gifts. There are also a couple of cabins available if you don't have a camper.

Cute little park

Beautiful and fun little state park with a 9 hole golf course, a swimming pool and nearby #1 Texas barbeque

Family fun state park

This is a great park for families. There is all kinds of activities like biking, hiking, swimming, fishing, a playground, kayak/paddle board rentals, etc. The campground is small for RVs, only about 19 sites and there’s a few with full sewer hookups, the rest with water/electric. The sites on the outer loop are spaced out a bit more then the sites on the inner loop. We had some noisy neighbors with loud music but otherwise I would guess it’s a pretty tame park.. highly recommend and we’ll be back!

Year 2021 Flag