About Bay Landing RV Campground

Bay Landing RV camping is one of the prettiest RV parks in Texas, with big sites and lots of room to roam. We are a well kept secret that lots of people need to discover. Bay Landing Thousand Trails campground is wrapped along the shores of scenic Lake Bridgeport.

Our friendly staff is dedicated to helping you fully enjoy this Dallas RV campground's facilities, amenities and activities. You can choose to sit along our shores and soak up a sunset or spend time participating with others in fun-filled events. We are certain your family will take home enough pleasant RV vacation memories to lure you back to Bay Landing RV camping time and again. Service is limited during winter months. Full campground amenities March through October. Dallas RV campground on the shores of scenic Lake Bridgeport Whether you're planning a retreat for the whole family, a group of friends or a getaway for two, there's no shortage of unique activities to explore at Bay Landing RV Campground. Plan activities upon arrival or visit this page before your departure to plan ahead. Looking for more? Our friendly staff can fill you in on all of the great ways to make your stay a memorable experience.

Thousand Trails
Bay Landing RV Campground is located in Texas
4 Reviews of Bay Landing RV Campground
Rundown and Rude Staff

They tell you to go pick out a spot and then call it in to them. Most of the sites had no number and I told the office this. Rather than help, she argued with me and was very nasty. When I said I wanted a refund, they could not provide it. A guy finally helped me but I will never stay at this place again. Lots of shady long term residents. The whole place is just old and dated. Avoid….

Great location

First time camping in this area of Texas! The rolling hills are beautiful! This campground is very dark at night, so if you are arriving later in the evening beware! The RV sites are not marked very well! They are level and they do have some near the water! They have a nice pool and club house! The staff was very friendly! This campground is not far from downtown Bridgeport, there are several restaurants and if you want a good burger try 5 boys Ranch! I took my kayak to do some fishing!

Nice wide open campground and great lake

Easy to access, even for larger rigs. We stayed in 39 foot 5th wheel. Plenty of pull thru spots, full hookups, regularly spaced bathroom/showers. Nice store for basic needs, nice laundry room.

Great for large functions or small family get aways

I remember going to this place when I was younger. It seemed so large and always had a lot going on that was interesting. We hosted a summer camp here, went to company picnics and came out with friends. It was the resort type feel without the huge resort style price.

Now that I am older I wanted to check it out to see if it lived up to the hype I recalled from childhood when the pool and the boats on the beach seemed to give me life on hot summers. Now I look at things from the eye of a camper which notices amenities differently, blogs about budget travel and explores the outdoor spaces.

When I pulled in I spoke to person at the entry who gave me a basic rundown of the facility which included a small restaurant, atv area, sports area including mini golf and a pool and of course the camping experience options themselves which have grown since I last was here. There are cabins available and RV spaces however they do allow a tent in these spaces as well, of course you are paying for a full hook up site so your price is a bit more than primitive camping, which is located in a space close to the bank of the water.

This is a pretty large property!! Over 200 sites available and several cabin options so anyone trying any kind of adventure can find something they will be interested in. The price of your site covers a lot of activity space and also has some very nice shower and bathroom facilities to make your trip comfortable.

Some of the downside is maintenance! You can tell this is an older facility in way of the broken roads and potholes. Also some of the facility amenities and furnishings are in need of an update. Some of the picnic tables were in need of replacement and looked like they had been used pretty heavily over the years. Not all the facility looks like this but in he areas like the primitive camping it seemed a bit more obvious, sometimes I feel like just because you aren't wanting all the amenities they think of you as a second class citizen at campgrounds.

It is pretty busy during early summer, when I had checked it out and more so during the holidays such as July 4th, Memorial Day and Labor Day. I decided to go during the week so there was no issue in getting a canoe from the rentals but on the more busy weekends I was told it is first come first serve.

TIPS:

• If renting a cabin do so well in advance between summer camp, family outings and normal traffic these book up quickly.

• Bring Cash for the restaurant when I was there their machine was down for cards.

• Shower Shoes!! if you don't wear them in the showers already start here!!