The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
New Harmony , TEXAS

Camping Texas New Harmony Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent New Harmony Camping Reviews
Another great Texas state park

Gorgeous waterfront sites with excellent fishing. Fun trails! Highly recommended

Typical +

Park location is ideal Lake is beautiful many big trees! But roads are terrible, spaces are unlevel, with no uniform length! As usual for Thousand Trails never enough 50amp hookups. There was suppose to be a laundry, no laundry.! There is a propane station, but no one is licensed to operate it! That turned out to be a huge problem. Biggest ice and snow storm in 70yrs temperatures down to -2degrees below freezing for several days several inches of snow. All park water lines froze, rolling blackouts by the state, no propane available anywhere!!! Good thing my unit has a generator or I would have had to stay in my truck! I like to use Thousand Trails but they are not keeping their parks up. Park employees were helpful as they could be with very little resources. They gave me a bottle of propane from one of the cabins which was nice, and I appreciated that. They gave some to other campers, but there werent enough to go around. The park employee felt bad for not being able to help everyone! I will come back again in the summer.

Huge!

Lots of thoughtfulness in the layout and work of this camp. The trail that goes around the lake truly goes around so it's a trail runners dream. Playground is substantial and well away from cars. Bathrooms could be bigger but are clean. Tons of options and good signage.

And super safe!

Loved it!

Beautiful, great fishing, great hiking, fabulous for kids, wonderful kayaking. We had a blast… the bathrooms were a bit far from the campsite so definitely check your spot first if you don’t have an rv. Other than that we had an incredible time!

Great Place

We RV so finding a place with full hookups at each site was mind blowing! We were a bit close to our neighbors so if you’re looking for a site where you’re isolated, this is not the place for you.

We were on the lake so enjoyed spectacular sunsets every night. Lots of work is being done on the park right now, can’t wait to go back and see the improvements.

Nice Cheap Gem

4.5 total miles of trails and none of it difficult. You can't take a baby stroller but obey because of a few branches, it's all easy hiking.

One bathroom but all the lits are spacious and secluded.

The lake is great. Beautiful swimming area and playground. We were here 7 days and only left once to hut Walmart (20 minutes)

Definitely 5 star, and only 18/night. Just as good as the 25/night Texas State Parks.

And as always, as a Texas State Park it is extremely safe. Park Police (actual police) are scene everywhere.

Oh, and everywhere it says no wifi and while it's true you can't log into a free network we had zero problems getting wifi on our phones and we were the only people in our loop being midweek during winter.

Very nice

Stayed nights with no issues. Easy on/off I20. Some concrete sites but gravel spots were fine. Clean and well kept. Will definitely stay again.

Lots of trees, lots of wildlife

First time to this park and we liked it. It is very thickly wooded which makes even the smallest sites private. We stayed on site 08 which on the map looks like it’s on the water but the brush is dense so there is no water view. Sites 10-13 are nice waterfront sites. We came here for fall colors but I think we were just a little late, but the park was still pretty. One morning, as I was sitting drinking my coffee, four deer walked right through our site!! We had a regular nighttime visit from some bold raccoons, so definitely put your goodies and trash away. Overnight spider webs cover everything and I’m quite sure we took a hundred spiders home with us!😂 The firewood from the park was plentiful and donation based. It was wet but my husband is a pyro who could probably start a fire with a block of ice!🤪 The only negative for me was the echo of the cars coming over the bridge throughout the day.

Awesome place

Really nice camp ground, Great Host. Lake looked like it would be a great fishing hole but we didn't have time to check it out. Shower was really clean and just a great all around camp ground

Tyler State Park

Stayed here October 9-13, 2020. We got reservations in August. Temps were perfect. 50 types of birds. Rode  all the mountain bike trails. Trails are mostly intermediate with only a few difficult spots.