The best WALK IN camping near
Murdo , TEXAS

Most Recent Murdo Camping Reviews
Yes it really is that big

This campground is great looks like it’s lots of fun in the summer. We only stayed 1 night but we did have a limo pick us up and take us to the steak house. Very nice staff full hook ups heated indoor pool.

Windy af.

The campground was okay. The sites are pretty close together but it wasn’t busy when we were there. Toilets & showers were clean and it’s awesome that the whole thing is free. BUT (!!!) people had mentioned before that it gets windy there. And it sure does. We couldn’t get any sleep because our the wind shook our roof top tent all night long. It was incredibly loud. There are no trees or structures that block the wind.

The Best Stumble-Upon Spot!

This place is free and has some sites with both water/hookups and some dry camping. The views are so sick and I had no idea Texas had spots to offer like this (Midwesterner here lol). Fun to watch the deer down by the shore. Cool lil trails and loved the sunrises here, I parked right on the edge. I was at a site with hookups for a few hours (self converted camper van but sometimes I just hook up to the 20a/put my batteries on trickle charger). Some lady w a fifth wheel came up and said I was in her spot tho I’m pretty sure she duped me bc it’s free/aren’t reservations lol. Didn’t put up a fight. No problem camping dry with a better view!! Will be back when traversing TX again.

Great spot and steaks

We were just passing through, I wanted a good steak and a rest, we got both. Very convenient easy off and on to 40. The steakhouse delivers to campsite, so that was perfect. I didn't have to disconnect, nice level sites. Got early start back on journey next morning. We look forward to stopping here again! No I didn't order the roast, just a quality steak cooked perfectly. Great job, Big Texan!

Windy and free

Nice free campground with hot showers

Stunning vists!

We were traveling north to Colorado and just had to pay a visit ot Lake Merideth, Sandford Yates campground. What stunning views! The pad was level the price was right at $9 with our National Parks Access Pass. We only spent one night here but would have no issues going back for more! I have two different videos of this park on my YouTube… DudeRV.com

This is Texas?!

This area is GORGEOUS! The bathrooms are dated, but clean and well maintained. The park is excellent, and a total gem, especially when you consider that you can boondock, or pay for a site with hookups. I'd definitely recommend.

Great spot

Quiet with incredible views. Roomy enough access for our 32’ motorhome towing a car.

Good overnight waypoint - windy!

This was a good spot to stop on our road trip - easy to navigate to, easy to reserve, very level spots, hookups. But we probably won’t return. It was very windy, so I wouldn’t really want to tent camp here. The lake looked nice but it’s very flat so not as geologically interesting as our recent stops on Utah and New Mexico. Could smell the oil/gas industrial sites nearby at times, but overall I wouldn’t say it was a deal breaker.

A nice place to stay in Amarillo

This is a nice RV Resort. It’s clean, well maintained, has friendly staff, a nice park area with water features, an indoor pool, playground, dog walk, and a cute shop with lots of gifts to buy. I would definitely stay there again!