Camping in Payne

29 Reviews of 6 Payne, Oklahoma Campgrounds

N
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Great KOA

Great camping for a KOA, right on the main road so a little noisy

Sitetent 7
Natalie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Clean and quiet

While traveling through Oklahoma, we wanted to find a good, clean campsite and after reading nightmarish reviews of lake Thunderbird, we decided to go here instead. And boy am I glad we did. The bathrooms were large, clean, and very well maintained. They even have a nice shower. It’s quiet, heavily…

Resa H.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Do not expect too much.

This campground is located by a couple of questionable housing additions. Campers have stated items have disappeared from their sites. The traffic is very heavy in and out of the area. It’s a nice part of Lake Ellsworth, however, it is definitely not a campground that is on my top ten list. There…

• NorthEast campground
Siteprimitive site
Fabe D.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Tarantulas in Oklahoma?!?!

Long parking area makes for nice seclusion. Woods crowd you in, lake nearby. Watch for creepy crawlies; I had no idea they had tarantulas.

• park rangers are a little stand-offish here; I only asked for a pamplet!
Siteupper camp area, site 043
WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Lake Eufaula State Park

Stayed for a couple nights beginning of June on our travels east. Good amount of space between camp sites. We were here Tuesday through Thursday and we had the place almost to our self. Water, electric and sewer were in fine shape. Bathroom was a bit dated but clean. Ate at Witt’s BBQ down the…

B
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

None better

We stayed there a year! These people are awesome! Glen, Gina and Grant are awesome folks who work so hard to facilitate this great campground! It truly is A+++++++

Site80 & 82
T
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Great Place

We stayed here for a week while we finished selling our house and started our move to Ohio. This is a great park, that is very well maintained and the staff is excellent in every way. We will stay here whenever we come back to the area to visit family.

Tashi K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Nice park, brown water

Neat and clean park. Water was brown, but we have a Berkey filter, so it wasn't a problem for us. I wouldn't be happy if we didn't have the Berkey, and weren't still winterized. Use your inline filters here! Friendly staff.

Terri W.
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2021

Past it’s Prime

Older park adjacent to an amusement park. In serious need of updating & clean up. We stopped here for one night in route to Texas, for which it served the purpose. Staff very pleasant. Pluses include water/sewer at each site, decent tv reception. Includes wifi but so slow basically unusable.…

K
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

A Good Way to Get Lost

Just to let you know, the map on this page shows this campground to be about 30 to 50 miles west of Oklahoma City, and just off of I-40. In reality, this lake is about 150 miles east of OKC, and just south of I-40.

Your app is helping me to plan my upcoming van life.

FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2021

Six days of great

The people here are very nice and helpful. We stayed at this park for 6 days waiting for our new hitch to get there and everything was great. The bath house is very nice and there’s a great playground and dog park. I’m very happy we decided to pull in.

Charley K.
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2020

Really nice KOA

We stay at this KOA several times a year. Very good place to stay.

Mike D.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2020

Roadrunner RV Park

We stayed 3 nights in a 40’ fifth wheel. A pull-thru site #118. All the facilities are clean and modern. Access to I-35 is easy. Approx 3mi to downtown & brick town. No nearby restaurants, but within 3 mi in any direction.

Samantha S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2020

We Love this RV Park!

We always enjoy staying here! Staff is great! Sites are large! Amenities are clean!