Eufaula Lake, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Eufaula Lake Camping Reviews
Beautiful area

Park is amazing. Bathrooms are clean! Gate keepers are friendly and helpful! Dump station is easy in and out. Boat ramps area gets busy but never too bad. The kids area is clean and decently kept up. Might watch for wasps on some toys, like anywhere else.

Great place to camp and have fun on the water

Great place to camp and have fun on the water. Clean facilities and fun on the water.

Great Camping with the Family

Great camping with family. We enjoyed a nice tent camping trip, really nice camping area and enjoyable getaway. Highly recommend.

Primitive Tent Camping

Primitive Tent Camping with family. It was okay for a one night tent camping experience. I wouldn't recommend staying longer than that in the primitive camping area.

Quiet on Sardis Lake

ABSOLUTELY NO CELL SERVICE OR WIFI, had both ATT and Verizon as well as a we boost,  soHAD Bathrooms flush ? did not use, dumpster, some fire pits, beach in another part of park, picnic tables, level sites, grills, no services at this park, it is part of the Potato Hills Park on same lake, but not connected, the other has shower n dump.

Very clean and nice to be on the water, some trees, there was a host, self check in part of ACE Army Corps. Engineers.   Able to use  National Park pass for 50% discount. Golden age or Access veterans, etc.

Noisy but great laundry!

We stayed one night over the Fourth of July. We walked in and they were very accommodating even though they were very busy. There is a large store with wood, ice, etc. The attached restrooms are clean and well maintained. The separate laundry room was great!! I think they had 6 or more washers which is great when you have several loads. And the building had ac which encouraged me to stay with my laundry!! Nice playground and very nice pool.

Cons: Very noisy from highway traffic for tent campers.
Bring bug spray because it was intense!!

Overall, the staff was super nice and it was a convenient stop. Would stay again if I was driving through.

Be prepared

We stayed in the Deep Ford loop, site 1. The site is really nice and sits right on the river. The downsides of the site are, sites 1, 2 and 3 are maybe 50 yards from HWY 2 and you get a good amount of traffic up until 9:00, and overnight you’ll still get a few cars and trucks driving by. The second thing was a little bit of bummer is that there’s not a lot of trees because power lines run right now the sites. These sites are also really rocky and sandy so it make for a bit of a chore to find a descent tent pad. The last thing that wasn’t great was the only water for the three sites was 2 sites over and if I hadn’t brought my Katadyn 3 liter filter it would’ve been awkward having to cut through 2 other people’s sites to get water. The site itself is very pretty and has a great fire pit (even though we bring our Solo Stove Bon Fire with us). The nice part of not having a lot of trees are you can see the stars so easily over the site.

The park itself is awesome and the caves are an easy hike for kids, and dogs. The loop is less than a mile but there’s tons of rocks and little caves for the kids to climb on and in. There’s tons of playgrounds that the kids can play on and a pretty nice day use area.

Lakeside Camping in Oklahoma

This is a Corp of Engineers campground, which I tend to prefer. If you’re traveling from the DFW area this could be a weekend trip. The drive is about 3.5 hours. I stayed for 2 nights in site E04 which had electric and water hookups, although the water was shared with another site. So the water hook up is a distance from the site. I had to use 2 hoses to reach my RV and only after I turned it around so that the water hook up side was closer to the spigot. Distance between sites is very good, but not much foliage between.

The site was asphalt, which was nice, but very narrow. My RV is only 8 ft wide and it took up the entire width. Also, there were trees which prevented me from putting out the awning. There was a cement picnic table, lantern hook and fish cleaning/grill table. The best part of this site was that it backed up to a sandy beach. I could walk the shoreline of Lake Eufaula for quite a distance. The lake is quiet and clear. There were several fishermen out, but I don’t know what they were catching.

I didn’t realize how large this campground was until the day I left. I saw 2 dump sites. The one in the E campground was older and had an odd bump up which made gravity emptying a challenge. The sites are clean and as I was leaving the campground hosts were already at my site looking for anything out of sorts.

The restrooms and showers, although clean felt a bit creepy to me. I took photos, but didn’t use. The playground was quaint and offered several play spaces for different ages. Even the big kids!

One more thing to note, on a clear night the view of the sky here is very good! Saw lots of stars and the Milky Way! I think I’d go back, but try a different site.

Great family owners, best showers ever for a camplground!

Vvery nice campground, with friendly helpful staff. Fabulous showers.

Beautiful Lake View Campsites

Have stayed here multiple times in the past and it’s exactly as stated - a lake campsite. The view is beautiful over one of the prettiest lakes in the region. Like a previous reviewer said it is warm in the spring and summer months but not sure you can ding the campsite and give it less stars because it was warm. Great place to camp!

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

Great quite area and golf course

We stayed here and had a pull thru full hookup.  Campground isnt real big but very nice.

Summer Scorcher

We stayed August 6-9 2019. Turned out to be about one of the hottest weeks of the year. Our campsite was in Lakeview Circle site #91. It is a large pull through site with a gorgeous view of the lake. We almost had the run of the whole park which we attributed to the tremendous heat, so much flooding earlier in May and June and the new school year starting the following week. We will try this spot again in the fall because there was way too much sun for the better part of the day. They have a nice nature center and the playground in the next campground. It was okay with our child. The camping spots in that area are within walking distance to the nature center and playground. The bathrooms are not new but clean (and very hot during this stay). There are clean pay showers attached to the backside of the restroom. Park was very nice and was well cared for. Our family will definitely stay here again, probably in the fall when it is cooler.

Inaugural RV Trip

We stayed in Seminole, site #22 mid July 2019. Very peaceful campground and this site has awesome amounts of shade from late morning through the rest of the day. Lots of room between sites and grounds were well cared for. This state park is still recovering from all the flooding earlier this year but still has lots to do and see with lodge, golf course, paved trails and a nature center, etc. Our family has agreed we would like to stay here again anytime and are planning to come in fall for sure.

Cowlington Point

Nice campground. Water/electric, no sewer hookups at camp sites. Restroom facilities are old but usually clean. Campground located on the Kerr Navigation Channel. Very clean and quiet campground!

Fairly decent

Although it has water and electric hook ups, it’s extremely primitive, especially bathrooms.

Robbers Cave State Park

This is my third time to return to Robbers Cave and I believe my last. We stayed in a cabin 2 nights and The lodge one night. I have never slept on such a broken mattress. I could barely sleep it was so bad. The box spring was broken and leaning to the side. The mattress had a huge hole from wear that slopes to the right and down. I felt like I was going to fall off. Terrible. The carpet had a really nasty sticky looking spot. I felt like I couldn’t walk around with out shoes. The air unit was super loud with a humming noise. It was struggling. I think it has gone down hill. I added a photo no sure if you can see how bad it is..

Quiet evening with no crowd

We enjoyed our stay. Beautiful views. 12$ a night for primitive.

Primitive camping

Stayed at a primitive site up the highway a bit thinking the distance from the main amenities would mean less people and less noise. Boy was I wrong. The spots we looked at were all trashed and filthy. Broken glass, McDonalds trash, and lots of old garbage that hadn't been cleaned. The dumpster for the sites was overfilled onto the ground. The day use in that area was ridiculous, alot of loud teenagers and partying. I get it, I was a kid once too but I stayed out in the sticks specifically to keep away from crowds and it was absolutely not worth it. The lakes are nice and the things you can do at this park are awesome but between, the trash, the people, and the highway bisecting the park, I can't really see myself staying here again. 2 stars

Great Camping Spots

We had a great spot located 200 yards from the lake. Also had the boat dock just on the other side of us. Great place to stay, friendly staff! Had a picnic table, grill and a covered area to sit at as well. No sewer at the site but did have dump stations. Most beautiful place by far!

One of my favorites

We camp here every October at group camp 1. It’s a big site with cabins and a great dining hall. New playground as well. The hike up and around robbers cave is fun. Very nice view at the top.

We stayed at the lodge a few years ago. I can recommend that as well.

Wilburton is about 10 minutes away. There is a great Mexican restaurant there.

Clean, quiet and a only a few hundred feet from the lake

Great campsite for RV's and large families. Plenty of room in between campsites to allow groups to have both an RV and tent set up if needed. Full hookup's are available in most spots. Water and electric are available at all sites. Showers had great pressure but you must use quarters when paying to use them. Firewood was available for sale with the camp host. Bathrooms and showers need to be cleaned but overall, they are decent.

Convenient to I-40

This is KOA, not my favorite place to stop, but they have good, basic facilities, sort of like Motel 6. They are just off I-40, so it was convenient for a one night stop. The sites were level, and were Pull-Thru so we didn’t even unhook. Full hookups, Some shade, a dump station. The shower/bathroom was clean. There is a small store. They also have cabins and tent sites; Free Wi-Fi, cable tv, a pool and playground, and a pond for fishing. There is a small Kamp K9 (dog park). When we were there everything was wet, and the smell of wet creosote from the log yard next door was terrible.

Super nice family campground

It's totally worth the visit. It's on the Illinois river and is very well kept. Full hookups. Nice staff. Beautiful.

Great stop over for I40 travelers

Perfect stop over location. Level lots. Super clean bathhouses. Friendly & helpful staff.

Only negative is interstate noise so be prepared if you are in a tent or pop-up.

Dogwood Campground at Eufaula State Park.

we stayed in our travel trailer for 3 days/ nights. The campground is clean and well maintained. Level cement pads and paved roads. this campground has full hookups whereas the other campground in the park has electric/water only. The spots at the back of the campground are more spacious than the ones at the front. There are bathrooms/showers but since we did not use those facilities since we have a trailer I can’t comment on them. I did notice a laundry room on site and there is a small playground, not much play equipment but plenty of room around it for playing ball, frisbee etc. They also have a basketball goal but it backs up to a wooded area, so if you shoot don’t miss the backboard ;) the whole campground is surrounded by woods. We tried out the ‘beach’ trail but there was no beach on the other end. There has been a ton of rain recently though so the water is likely further in than normal. The paved road throughout the camp is great for walking. Tent camping is also available in this park. The other campground and Nature Center are just up the road as well as the visitors center and Ranger station. Stables are located nearby where you can pay to ride horses and a 3-D archery range is also located close by. Of course there are lots of activities all around Lake Eufaula - boating, fishing, swimming etc. we mainly just enjoyed the peacefulness of the campground while we were there. The park is located not far off of I-40. The check in time is pretty late in the day, but then so is checkout. Would definitely stay there again. Our site had a cement picnic table, grill and fire pit.

Nice and clean

We stayed on campsite 39. It was by the boat ramp. We were there at the first of April and it was beautiful. Scores of down and dead oak laying all around the campgrounds. Vault toilets were fairly clean on our side. Its pretty quiet but I’m fairly sensitive to road noise when I’m camping. And I can hear the highway for sure. But I haven’t found a place in Oklahoma where I can’t so far.

Beautiful park

We were so surprised with this park because we’d hardly even heard of it. The campsites were plentiful with beautiful views of the lake. It was early in the season so not very busy. The sites were clean and easy to navigate. We enjoyed the nature center, getting to view a bald eagle and coyote. The lodge is very nice and would definitely recommend to someone who doesn’t want to rough it. I’d like to come back in the summer to take advantage of the pool. We walked along the fitness trail and tried out the recommended activities for fun. We then took one of the longer trails that winds throughout the park. These trails were not well marked but they made for a great Oklahoma hike. We fished near the group camp area as a storm was brewing and we wanted to be near a picnic shelter. The lake is very pretty, would definitely recommend for kayak or boating. The o my issues we had was, we needed a shower and the camp showers which are coin operated did not have hot water as indicated. Made for a very chilly rinse. All in all we will be back!

Beautiful great hikes

This campground is great! Here are some things I absolutely loved:

• Great/clean campground. This is something I really appreciate about a campground. People seem to pick up after each other. If you see garbage somewhere, please pick it up. Helps so much!!
  • Hiking. We did a nearby hike named Hillside Trail and it was gorgeous. The views were stunning!! We did it early in the morning to beat the crowds and it was perfect. About 7 miles rountrip with a little elevation gain.
  • Close to water. We went for the day and played in a lake nearby. It was about a 15 minute drive away!

make sure to bring lots of water if you plan to hike because it does get warm! Also bug spray, sunglasses, and some good snacks!

2 nights in Deep Ford Campground

Great campsite. Had neighbors around us but it was very quiet. This site held 5 tent campers and 1 hammock camper and there was still plenty of room. Great fire pit and cement picnic table for cooking. Stayed here for a Jeeping event. The trails are just a mile or so away so it made them very accessible. Ample parking as well.