Eufaula Lake, OKLAHOMA
Most Recent Eufaula Lake Camping Reviews
Summer Scorcher

We stayed August 6-9 2019. Turned out to be about one of the hottest weeks of the year. Our campsite was in Lakeview Circle site #91. It is a large pull through site with a gorgeous view of the lake. We almost had the run of the whole park which we attributed to the tremendous heat, so much flooding earlier in May and June and the new school year starting the following week. We will try this spot again in the fall because there was way too much sun for the better part of the day. They have a nice nature center and the playground in the next campground. It was okay with our child. The camping spots in that area are within walking distance to the nature center and playground. The bathrooms are not new but clean (and very hot during this stay). There are clean pay showers attached to the backside of the restroom. Park was very nice and was well cared for. Our family will definitely stay here again, probably in the fall when it is cooler.

Inaugural RV Trip

We stayed in Seminole, site #22 mid July 2019. Very peaceful campground and this site has awesome amounts of shade from late morning through the rest of the day. Lots of room between sites and grounds were well cared for. This state park is still recovering from all the flooding earlier this year but still has lots to do and see with lodge, golf course, paved trails and a nature center, etc. Our family has agreed we would like to stay here again anytime and are planning to come in fall for sure.

Cowlington Point

Nice campground. Water/electric, no sewer hookups at camp sites. Restroom facilities are old but usually clean. Campground located on the Kerr Navigation Channel. Very clean and quiet campground!

Fairly decent

Although it has water and electric hook ups, it’s extremely primitive, especially bathrooms.

Robbers Cave State Park

This is my third time to return to Robbers Cave and I believe my last. We stayed in a cabin 2 nights and The lodge one night. I have never slept on such a broken mattress. I could barely sleep it was so bad. The box spring was broken and leaning to the side. The mattress had a huge hole from wear that slopes to the right and down. I felt like I was going to fall off. Terrible. The carpet had a really nasty sticky looking spot. I felt like I couldn’t walk around with out shoes. The air unit was super loud with a humming noise. It was struggling. I think it has gone down hill. I added a photo no sure if you can see how bad it is..

Quiet evening with no crowd

We enjoyed our stay. Beautiful views. 12$ a night for primitive.

Primitive camping

Stayed at a primitive site up the highway a bit thinking the distance from the main amenities would mean less people and less noise. Boy was I wrong. The spots we looked at were all trashed and filthy. Broken glass, McDonalds trash, and lots of old garbage that hadn't been cleaned. The dumpster for the sites was overfilled onto the ground. The day use in that area was ridiculous, alot of loud teenagers and partying. I get it, I was a kid once too but I stayed out in the sticks specifically to keep away from crowds and it was absolutely not worth it. The lakes are nice and the things you can do at this park are awesome but between, the trash, the people, and the highway bisecting the park, I can't really see myself staying here again. 2 stars

Great Camping Spots

We had a great spot located 200 yards from the lake. Also had the boat dock just on the other side of us. Great place to stay, friendly staff! Had a picnic table, grill and a covered area to sit at as well. No sewer at the site but did have dump stations. Most beautiful place by far!

One of my favorites

We camp here every October at group camp 1. It’s a big site with cabins and a great dining hall. New playground as well. The hike up and around robbers cave is fun. Very nice view at the top.

We stayed at the lodge a few years ago. I can recommend that as well.

Wilburton is about 10 minutes away. There is a great Mexican restaurant there.

Clean, quiet and a only a few hundred feet from the lake

Great campsite for RV's and large families. Plenty of room in between campsites to allow groups to have both an RV and tent set up if needed. Full hookup's are available in most spots. Water and electric are available at all sites. Showers had great pressure but you must use quarters when paying to use them. Firewood was available for sale with the camp host. Bathrooms and showers need to be cleaned but overall, they are decent.

Convenient to I-40

This is KOA, not my favorite place to stop, but they have good, basic facilities, sort of like Motel 6. They are just off I-40, so it was convenient for a one night stop. The sites were level, and were Pull-Thru so we didn’t even unhook. Full hookups, Some shade, a dump station. The shower/bathroom was clean. There is a small store. They also have cabins and tent sites; Free Wi-Fi, cable tv, a pool and playground, and a pond for fishing. There is a small Kamp K9 (dog park). When we were there everything was wet, and the smell of wet creosote from the log yard next door was terrible.

Super nice family campground

It's totally worth the visit. It's on the Illinois river and is very well kept. Full hookups. Nice staff. Beautiful.

Great stop over for I40 travelers

Perfect stop over location. Level lots. Super clean bathhouses. Friendly & helpful staff.

Only negative is interstate noise so be prepared if you are in a tent or pop-up.

Dogwood Campground at Eufaula State Park.

we stayed in our travel trailer for 3 days/ nights. The campground is clean and well maintained. Level cement pads and paved roads. this campground has full hookups whereas the other campground in the park has electric/water only. The spots at the back of the campground are more spacious than the ones at the front. There are bathrooms/showers but since we did not use those facilities since we have a trailer I can’t comment on them. I did notice a laundry room on site and there is a small playground, not much play equipment but plenty of room around it for playing ball, frisbee etc. They also have a basketball goal but it backs up to a wooded area, so if you shoot don’t miss the backboard ;) the whole campground is surrounded by woods. We tried out the ‘beach’ trail but there was no beach on the other end. There has been a ton of rain recently though so the water is likely further in than normal. The paved road throughout the camp is great for walking. Tent camping is also available in this park. The other campground and Nature Center are just up the road as well as the visitors center and Ranger station. Stables are located nearby where you can pay to ride horses and a 3-D archery range is also located close by. Of course there are lots of activities all around Lake Eufaula - boating, fishing, swimming etc. we mainly just enjoyed the peacefulness of the campground while we were there. The park is located not far off of I-40. The check in time is pretty late in the day, but then so is checkout. Would definitely stay there again. Our site had a cement picnic table, grill and fire pit.

Nice and clean

We stayed on campsite 39. It was by the boat ramp. We were there at the first of April and it was beautiful. Scores of down and dead oak laying all around the campgrounds. Vault toilets were fairly clean on our side. Its pretty quiet but I’m fairly sensitive to road noise when I’m camping. And I can hear the highway for sure. But I haven’t found a place in Oklahoma where I can’t so far.

Beautiful park

We were so surprised with this park because we’d hardly even heard of it. The campsites were plentiful with beautiful views of the lake. It was early in the season so not very busy. The sites were clean and easy to navigate. We enjoyed the nature center, getting to view a bald eagle and coyote. The lodge is very nice and would definitely recommend to someone who doesn’t want to rough it. I’d like to come back in the summer to take advantage of the pool. We walked along the fitness trail and tried out the recommended activities for fun. We then took one of the longer trails that winds throughout the park. These trails were not well marked but they made for a great Oklahoma hike. We fished near the group camp area as a storm was brewing and we wanted to be near a picnic shelter. The lake is very pretty, would definitely recommend for kayak or boating. The o my issues we had was, we needed a shower and the camp showers which are coin operated did not have hot water as indicated. Made for a very chilly rinse. All in all we will be back!

Beautiful great hikes

This campground is great! Here are some things I absolutely loved:

• Great/clean campground. This is something I really appreciate about a campground. People seem to pick up after each other. If you see garbage somewhere, please pick it up. Helps so much!!
  • Hiking. We did a nearby hike named Hillside Trail and it was gorgeous. The views were stunning!! We did it early in the morning to beat the crowds and it was perfect. About 7 miles rountrip with a little elevation gain.
  • Close to water. We went for the day and played in a lake nearby. It was about a 15 minute drive away!

make sure to bring lots of water if you plan to hike because it does get warm! Also bug spray, sunglasses, and some good snacks!

2 nights in Deep Ford Campground

Great campsite. Had neighbors around us but it was very quiet. This site held 5 tent campers and 1 hammock camper and there was still plenty of room. Great fire pit and cement picnic table for cooking. Stayed here for a Jeeping event. The trails are just a mile or so away so it made them very accessible. Ample parking as well.

Quiet and peaceful

It was great. I took my boys, 8 and 18 year old. Very quiet and felt secluded even though the campsites were about 75% full. Tent camped with electrical hook-ups which I wasn't expecting. I think it was only$14 a days. Went hiking the next day on the trails around the lake and mountain

Beautiful sunsets, quit and very clean. Two playgrounds and a clean bath/shower house. We love camping here.

Fine- Could Get Crowded in Summer

I stopped at Highway 9 Landing while driving from Taos, NM to Nashville, TN. Just a little ways off the highway it was a nice place to spend the night right on Oklahoma's biggest lake (at least the biggest that's entirely within the state of OK). Midweek in mid-October the campground was all but deserted. The only sounds I could hear were the roadway across the lake, birds, and lapping water.

In the off season the bathrooms were sort of clean-ish. Sites have picnic tables and grills and some have good flat spots for tents but I got the feeling that it was a campground more geared to RV and van camping.

There's a marina on one side of the campground and I can imagine that in the summer there's lots of activity on the lake making this a very lively campground. It was a fine campground just not my cup of tea. (Also the sunset was incredible)

Nice, MOST of the time.

We've stayed in the Hickory Point camping area twice this year (2018). It was nice. The bathrooms/facilities are CLEAN. The camp host is VERY nice. Our only struggle was neighbors with outdoor speakers. It seems like that could be monitored a little better.

Return trip already planned

Excellent place to camp! Already planned next trip

First and Last time

Very disappointed. RV barely fit, site too narrow. Gate attendants were very friendly and helpful.

Taylor Ferry

Great place to camp and boat. Good fishing spots as well.

Sequoyah state park

Great for family tips! Lots of camping spots and a bunch of hiking. Good area to fish and boat as well.

Standing Rock Park went South!

Camping is now prohibited due to being inhabited by druggies. No camping, no water, no restrooms, no dumpster. Access Only to boatramp. Very rough area…

Updated and awesome

For an RV/Trailer camper this place is amazing. Multiple campgrounds within the park. Our favorite is Choctaw with full hookups. Sites are cement and level. All have table, charcoal grill and fire ring. Close to the lake, about 100 yards. Other area are just as good. Other areas don't have septic but each has a dump station. Tent campers have nice areas also.

Labor Day Weekend

Trails were maintained well. Lake was not overly active. Showers were a bit of anomaly. Had to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes. wasn’t bad just awkward. Shouldn’t shower while camping anyways but overall good trip especially for Labor Day Weekend. Will camp here again.

Omggg

Natural springs!!! What more could you ask for?!