Ouachita National Forest, OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Ouachita National Forest
Most Recent Ouachita National Forest Camping Reviews
Great place to camp!

Beautiful camping experience! There were a very limited number of RV sites, but they were all very private feeling and nicely maintained. The bathrooms and showers were immaculate! Hiking was right next to the campground, so this made for a very fun, relaxing weekend! We are definitely going back soon!

Ranger Review: Women's Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket at Crystal Springs

Campground Review:

Crystal Springs campground is near Hot Springs, Arkansas. The campsites all have great views of the lake, but I believe this campground is meant for RV's. The sites are very exposed. That isn't a big deal if you are in an RV or camper, but it is tough if you are in a tent on a windy lake.

Our site was on a point. The rain and wind really beat our tent up. In fact, we had to cut our trip short because of the windy conditions.

There weren't any hiking trails near the area, but there were great fishing opportunities.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing Red Ledge Women's Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket . This was my first "legit" rain jacket.

Top reasons I love the Red Ledge Women's Rebel Stretch Shell Jacket:

1. The fit is great. I ordered a medium, and it is perfect.

2. The elastic around the wrist and waist help protect against the elements.

3. The hood has a bill so that rain doesn't fall into your face.

4. The pockets have zippers for added protection.

5. The zipper zips both ways.

Red Ledge created a stellar product with this medium weight jacket.

Great day trip

Great little campground. The only downside while we were there was the bathrooms were not open.

Pretty much private!

Super quiet, almost had the place to ourselves. Only 20 minutes from Crater of Diamonds State Park. Right on Lake Greeson.

All camper sites have 50A, 30A & 15A service along with water, with really good water pressure. Hot shower and clean bathrooms to boot. They have picnic tables and a table for your cook stove, a grill and fire ring in all spots too. There are two spots at the dump station and a clean water station as well…

We will certainly be back!

Very Nice Campground

Located on Lake Catherine in Hot Springs, AR. This privately owned campground has it all: level paved camping pads, 30/50 amp electrical hookups, sewer, cable, picnic tables, fire rings and grilling stations. Several sites are located right on the waterfront of Lake Catherine. They have some of the nicest showers/bathrooms I’ve ever seen in a park! Lake access, water toy rentals, swimming pool, and a zip line! Easy access to downtown Hot Springs. Not many mature trees and campsites are close, but large size to accommodate any sized rigs. We enjoyed our stay there.

Close to town and quiet

Good WiFi. Clean facilities. 10 min from everything. We chose this vs the National Park just down the road because of showers for a few $ more… Also, no cell signal at the park, but here it was fine. Great food and beverages in Hot Springs

Well maintained, Friendly, Beautiful

I arrived at my campground - site 68 in Loop D to realize I booked a site right next to the road. I was the only camper that night so the rangers kindly let me switch to a site that was more secluded. The flush toilets and showers that were well maintained. The showers had spiders in them, as everywhere in the south, but they were a great treat after a very sweaty night of sleep.

The gorgeous lake was a nice walk from my site. There is a roped-off swimming area available. I admittingly swam/floated outside of the roped-off area because it was very small. I noticed volleyball nets near the lake, some chairs, a dock for boats nearby.

Wifi at the ranger station.

site included:

tent pad

picnic table

Hook thing to hand lantern light or whatever you please.

Only liked close access to trails and creek.

Not a great campground if you’re looking to be in peace and quiet. Very close to the city & very crowded due to convenience of trail heads. Clean bathrooms though 😌

Great place when not too busy

This campground is very big & offer MANY campsites. My personal favorite was #53. Great 180 view of the lake and nice trees to hang a hammock on. Picnic tables, electric & fire ring all at sites. Hot showers are available! The camp staff was VERY polite upon our arrival. The only con was that the sites are very close to each other so if the campground was full it wouldn’t be as private & nice. Overall enjoyed my stay!

Best place to relax

After accidentally finding this campground because the popular campgrounds around were booked solid…well we go every year now. It’s a wonderful place to relax and find crystals along the shore line of the lake. The views are beautiful

So great we’ve taken the 8-hours-one-way drive twice in 6 weeks!

Pros: This campground has it all- great creek, incredible hiking up and over into Hot Springs, nearby disc golf course that is the best we have seen, close to all the attractions, level asphalt pads, water and power (and i think also sewer?) privacy between sites (trees, bushes) great fire pit/with cooking grate AND a grill at our site (25 is awesome), bath house with sinks and toilets ONLY

Cons: you can’t stay forever, no showers

Pro tip: eat at Superior! Great brewery/restaurant, friendly staff!

Great park

This is a great park. Never too crowded and the staff is super friendly. Nice quiet place to relax.

Adequate

This campground was pretty and it was clean. Arrive early because it is first come first serve and gets full. Sites are close together but overall I have no complaints. Apparently there is $10 primitive camping, but I did not see it and in the office where you pay (by machine) all I saw were $30 flat rate for all sites. So it’s quite expensive to tent camp here. No showers, but a relatively clean bathroom.

We love Brady mountain

Brady mountain campground is a beautiful place on lake Ouachita it has a swim beach and good facilities only downside is no water at RV spots

Incredible views

We went up for the day to hike.   Amazing trip wouldn’t miss it.   Stop by the visitor center.

A relaxing stay!

Came into Bar Fifty Ranch for the weekend from Little Rock, and was able to ride horses, go hiking and stay in an air-conditioned cabin. Definitely would come back!

Not the worst

The camp volunteer is very nice and helpful. I always felt safe and the camp wasn’t overcrowded. The lake was gross and there were nasty Canada Geese everywhere, but overall pretty nice.

Unique Experience!

Winter, Spring and Fall are the best seasons to visit.  The diamond field is a large, unshaded field.

Rains cause the soil to cake up on shoes and make it difficult to walk in the field.

I’ve never found a diamond but have seen others find them!

Be prepared for weather and arrive early to get rental gear.

Small but Beautiful

This small but beautiful campground nestled in the Gulpha Gorge sits along a creek with crystal clear water. Fall is probably the best time to visit, the leaves would be amazing!!!

In the summertime, I imagine families cooling off in the stream.

Restrooms are ok, bring your own toilet paper.  Some sites are a bit close together for my taste.

Nice, but can be Crowded

Lake Ouachita is the state’s largest lake.  This campground has lots of sites that have water views, but not all have easy access to the lake.  Swim beach is very nice but crowded in summertime (not surprising!)

Nice bathhouse, boat launch and gorgeous water.

Close access to shopping for those last- minute needs.

Not bad not great

It’s a good campground. Great places to go with the family and get away. Campsites are average, access to water is great, swimming is great, shade from the sun is great. Bathrooms are bad, riddled with bugs and spiders and pretty prison like… Other than that they maintain the place well. Nice park and playground for the kids. Very family friendly place. I’d go back again but only for a big family trip not for a true camping trip.

Diggers of the dirt

Loved our day trip just me and my daughter so I can’t review camp grounds but I will camp the next round and bring the whole clan. Open fields of dirt to dig in they till up the soil to make digging easier.Take umbrellas and a wagon to pull supplies with ,also to haul dirt to the washing area. Carry drinking water snacks , 5 gallon bucket and garden tools…. have fun get dirty.

Edgewood Recreation Area

Great campground on beautiful Degray Lake near Arkadelphia. 30 & 50 amp sites with electricity and water. Nice clean bath houses.

Eagles

Bird watching.

Amazing site

This site is up quite a bit higher than the river. If you see the main entrance sign it says day use only. We stayed the night and it was amazing. It was the last night of our 3 day paddle of the ouachita river. Great bathrooms. Nice camping sites.

Could be nice

Now a day use only site. The bathroom made it clear that late night partying happens here. We camped because we had just done 14 miles on the river and were exhausted. No one bothered us. Camp ozark is near by and was very loud, as was the bridge next to the camp.

No longer active, but amazing

We stopped at this site after several miles in the ouachita river. The nps map still has it listed as a campground, but there was a sign at the main entrance stating day use only. We camped anyways because we felt comfortable there was no flood risk, which is why it was closed. The view was nice, restrooms were nice, and there were even trashcans.

Amazing place with so much to do!

I was pleasantly suprised with our stay at crater of diamonds. We only stayed the weekend but definitely would have been happy with a longer stay. The first day we got there it was pretty late so the kids played at the park beside our campsite whilenwe setup. The bath house was also beside our site as well as a laundromat. The bathrooms and showers were very clean. The next day we went to the diamond mines and dug for diamonds, this was so much fun! We found some small quartz that were very pretty, then we ate at the kimberlite cafe which is right beside the mines. Then to cool off, we spent the rest of the day at the water park which was perfect for my young children. There were slides and waterfalls and the water only goes to 3 ft at the deepest points.