Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Broken Arrow Camping Reviews
Nice with all the amenities.

Right in the middle of Tulsa.

Nice place great staff

Have stayed there a couple of times when passing through.  No cable TV.  Staff was very courteous and helpful.  On one occasion we were delayed and arrived late.  The staff called us before the office closing time and let us know which site to use and told us not to worry that they'd see us the next day.  No trees and fairly close to a primary road and an interstate highway.

We'd stay there again.

Good place to live

I have stayed there many times this past year.  My son lives there full time.  The staff is great.  Very helpful and courteous.  I've gotten to know some of the residents and yes, the majority are full time residents.  Not a lot of room to open up awnings but for anyone who knows Oklahoma you don't open them up often anyway if you want to keep them.

Great place to camp and have fun on the water

Great place to camp and have fun on the water. Clean facilities and fun on the water.

Great Camping with the Family

Great camping with family. We enjoyed a nice tent camping trip, really nice camping area and enjoyable getaway. Highly recommend.

Typical City Run Campground

This is a City run state park. A very nice lake with a swimming beach, hiking trails, and recently added ATV course 😡 they screwed up a lot of pristine wilderness area to try and attract ATVs. There two camping areas. The one on the north east side of the lake is a bit more primitive but still has hook ups and a bathroom (seasonal) the main camp is open year round.

Absolutely zero amenities here.

Absolutely nothing here as far as amenities. It's only good if you want to catch some sleep or grab a bite at their little cafe area.

Noisy but great laundry!

We stayed one night over the Fourth of July. We walked in and they were very accommodating even though they were very busy. There is a large store with wood, ice, etc. The attached restrooms are clean and well maintained. The separate laundry room was great!! I think they had 6 or more washers which is great when you have several loads. And the building had ac which encouraged me to stay with my laundry!! Nice playground and very nice pool.

Cons: Very noisy from highway traffic for tent campers.
Bring bug spray because it was intense!!

Overall, the staff was super nice and it was a convenient stop. Would stay again if I was driving through.

Stopped by for a night on our way through

We really enjoyed our stay. The lake was up about 10 ft according to the camp host and had been flooded most of the summer. Both boat ramps were under water and several of the sites were still flooded too. The campground has a shower house on one end and vault toilets on the other. All sites are water and electric only. Most sites were older asphalt pads, but there were several newer sites, all concrete, and huge.

Labor Day Weekend

Labor Day weekend we camped at Greenleaf State Park in the Gobbler Ridge Campground site number #18. This area was nice and spacious. We didn’t feel like we were squashed into our neighbors. It was however “Labor Day” weekend which normally means bad weather and let me tell you we weren’t surprised Saturday night when the sky just opened up and started to pour. The site we had was partially shaded but kind of a small valley so after the rain it was pretty soggy. There are other campgrounds close by and stuff to do. The park is in the process of constructing a splash pad next to the miniature golf course. On Saturday nights they do a wagon ride with a guide that talks about the area. Bummer for us cause one family 23 people took up the whole ride. Holiday weekend…..maybe should have two wagons? All in all I think we had a good time and would definitely recommend this park.

Swimming hole and woods

Primitive but upgrades coming.

Tents, campers, cars, and RV s allowed.

6 miles west of ramona ok. It doesn't have an address. when someone makes an appointment or books I meet them and guide them in.

Page with more info and pictures Like page for future events and updates. First pinned post is how to book. https://www.facebook.com/Huge-Great-Bus-Camping-1766398643424443/

Summer Scorcher

We stayed August 6-9 2019. Turned out to be about one of the hottest weeks of the year. Our campsite was in Lakeview Circle site #91. It is a large pull through site with a gorgeous view of the lake. We almost had the run of the whole park which we attributed to the tremendous heat, so much flooding earlier in May and June and the new school year starting the following week. We will try this spot again in the fall because there was way too much sun for the better part of the day. They have a nice nature center and the playground in the next campground. It was okay with our child. The camping spots in that area are within walking distance to the nature center and playground. The bathrooms are not new but clean (and very hot during this stay). There are clean pay showers attached to the backside of the restroom. Park was very nice and was well cared for. Our family will definitely stay here again, probably in the fall when it is cooler.

Inaugural RV Trip

We stayed in Seminole, site #22 mid July 2019. Very peaceful campground and this site has awesome amounts of shade from late morning through the rest of the day. Lots of room between sites and grounds were well cared for. This state park is still recovering from all the flooding earlier this year but still has lots to do and see with lodge, golf course, paved trails and a nature center, etc. Our family has agreed we would like to stay here again anytime and are planning to come in fall for sure.

Rv parking lot

Some of the sites have hookups on wrong side. No amenities at all. Just a place to plug in for the night.

BED BUGS AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

We arrived at 3 O'clock(an hour before check in) at Carsons cabin and they told us they were working on the showers. We waited until 5:30 to finally get the keys just to find that the showers were ice cold and NO ONE had even showered yet around 8pm! Then Saturday for our float the clerks were lost and kept trying to over charge everyone that paid in our group, even when I already paid my float deposit of$100 and was to go towards my own 4(2 adults 2 kids), she kept saying I owed. Then Saturday night we kept feeling things crawl on us, just to wake up to bites all over my 8 year olds body and a squished bed bug on my pillow that was full of blood and had just fed before getting squished! The supervisor apologized over and over but the owner still has yet to call me and fix this! I had to take my son to Urgent care because he had a severe allergic reaction to the bites and now I'm out even more money due to their bed bug problem! On top of that, we had to throw everything away so that we didnt bring any of them home! PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE AND WASTE YOUR MONEY! Vacations are suppose to be relaxing and this was not even close!

Great stop over for I40 travelers

Perfect stop over location. Level lots. Super clean bathhouses. Friendly & helpful staff.

Only negative is interstate noise so be prepared if you are in a tent or pop-up.

Dogwood Campground at Eufaula State Park.

we stayed in our travel trailer for 3 days/ nights. The campground is clean and well maintained. Level cement pads and paved roads. this campground has full hookups whereas the other campground in the park has electric/water only. The spots at the back of the campground are more spacious than the ones at the front. There are bathrooms/showers but since we did not use those facilities since we have a trailer I can’t comment on them. I did notice a laundry room on site and there is a small playground, not much play equipment but plenty of room around it for playing ball, frisbee etc. They also have a basketball goal but it backs up to a wooded area, so if you shoot don’t miss the backboard ;) the whole campground is surrounded by woods. We tried out the ‘beach’ trail but there was no beach on the other end. There has been a ton of rain recently though so the water is likely further in than normal. The paved road throughout the camp is great for walking. Tent camping is also available in this park. The other campground and Nature Center are just up the road as well as the visitors center and Ranger station. Stables are located nearby where you can pay to ride horses and a 3-D archery range is also located close by. Of course there are lots of activities all around Lake Eufaula - boating, fishing, swimming etc. we mainly just enjoyed the peacefulness of the campground while we were there. The park is located not far off of I-40. The check in time is pretty late in the day, but then so is checkout. Would definitely stay there again. Our site had a cement picnic table, grill and fire pit.

Nice and clean

We stayed on campsite 39. It was by the boat ramp. We were there at the first of April and it was beautiful. Scores of down and dead oak laying all around the campgrounds. Vault toilets were fairly clean on our side. Its pretty quiet but I’m fairly sensitive to road noise when I’m camping. And I can hear the highway for sure. But I haven’t found a place in Oklahoma where I can’t so far.

Beautiful park

We were so surprised with this park because we’d hardly even heard of it. The campsites were plentiful with beautiful views of the lake. It was early in the season so not very busy. The sites were clean and easy to navigate. We enjoyed the nature center, getting to view a bald eagle and coyote. The lodge is very nice and would definitely recommend to someone who doesn’t want to rough it. I’d like to come back in the summer to take advantage of the pool. We walked along the fitness trail and tried out the recommended activities for fun. We then took one of the longer trails that winds throughout the park. These trails were not well marked but they made for a great Oklahoma hike. We fished near the group camp area as a storm was brewing and we wanted to be near a picnic shelter. The lake is very pretty, would definitely recommend for kayak or boating. The o my issues we had was, we needed a shower and the camp showers which are coin operated did not have hot water as indicated. Made for a very chilly rinse. All in all we will be back!

Childhood memories

I grew up on this lake spending countless summers swimming off the beach at Appalachia bay. It’s got so many memories wrapped up in its muddy water and rickety play set. It was a wonderful place to spend my childhood, however it’s not my first or top 10 of locations I’d choose to camp, anymore.

Beautiful great hikes

This campground is great! Here are some things I absolutely loved:

• Great/clean campground. This is something I really appreciate about a campground. People seem to pick up after each other. If you see garbage somewhere, please pick it up. Helps so much!!
  • Hiking. We did a nearby hike named Hillside Trail and it was gorgeous. The views were stunning!! We did it early in the morning to beat the crowds and it was perfect. About 7 miles rountrip with a little elevation gain.
  • Close to water. We went for the day and played in a lake nearby. It was about a 15 minute drive away!

make sure to bring lots of water if you plan to hike because it does get warm! Also bug spray, sunglasses, and some good snacks!

Secluded and peaceful

The views in the area are beautiful, especially from the cliffs. There are multiple areas to hike, kayak, fish, or boat in the area. Not too far from Skiatook if you need to head into a town which is nice for some people.

Nice and quiet.

We were here in early March. There was no water hook up but they did have 30 amp. Very quiet as we were the only ones there.

Large

This place was beautiful in spring

Quiet and peaceful

It was great. I took my boys, 8 and 18 year old. Very quiet and felt secluded even though the campsites were about 75% full. Tent camped with electrical hook-ups which I wasn't expecting. I think it was only$14 a days. Went hiking the next day on the trails around the lake and mountain

Beautiful open comfortable and welcoming

Beautiful open comfortable and welcoming

Nice, MOST of the time.

We've stayed in the Hickory Point camping area twice this year (2018). It was nice. The bathrooms/facilities are CLEAN. The camp host is VERY nice. Our only struggle was neighbors with outdoor speakers. It seems like that could be monitored a little better.

A comfortable place to stay. Not "stacked in" like sardines! CLEAN!

Blue Bill Point was recommended to us last spring (2018), and we've stayed there at least 5 weekends (some extended). The sites are not too close to each other. There are 'full hook-ups," partial, primitive, and day use. We've never encountered loud music or disrespectful neighbors. The swim area is perfect for our toddler grandsons, as it's a slow decline.

First and Last time

Very disappointed. RV barely fit, site too narrow. Gate attendants were very friendly and helpful.