Broken Arrow, OKLAHOMA

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Broken Arrow Camping Reviews
No Trash cans means more responsibility

….and some people just can't handle it. I want to like this place, but most people seem to be abusing this public area. Found a mound of trash near the exit that I assumed was from a local that made an effort to de-trash since the rest of the area pretty clean. If it weren't for that it would have done better. Plenty of space for tents everywhere, just little to no amenities. The lake was very calm, but difficult to access right in front of camp, I would suggest walking to the boat ramp for that. Nice and close to the Blue Whale of Catoosa and old route 66 which is partly how we ended up here.  I would stay here for more than one night if the need arose.

a time-lapse of us packing up…just because.

Great Camping Area and Large Sites!

This was our first stay in Oklahoma camping. I highly recommend staying at this location or the location across Fort Gibson Like(Johnson Bay). The campsites are very specious and most if not all of them overlook the lake. We stayed here during December and there was only one other camper present. There are vaulted toilets and water around the camping area. You can stay up to 14 days for free at this location. We will return next time we are passing through!

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Nice with all the amenities.

Right in the middle of Tulsa.

Nice place great staff

Have stayed there a couple of times when passing through.  No cable TV.  Staff was very courteous and helpful.  On one occasion we were delayed and arrived late.  The staff called us before the office closing time and let us know which site to use and told us not to worry that they'd see us the next day.  No trees and fairly close to a primary road and an interstate highway.

We'd stay there again.

Good place to live

I have stayed there many times this past year.  My son lives there full time.  The staff is great.  Very helpful and courteous.  I've gotten to know some of the residents and yes, the majority are full time residents.  Not a lot of room to open up awnings but for anyone who knows Oklahoma you don't open them up often anyway if you want to keep them.

Great place to camp and have fun on the water

Great place to camp and have fun on the water. Clean facilities and fun on the water.

Great Camping with the Family

Great camping with family. We enjoyed a nice tent camping trip, really nice camping area and enjoyable getaway. Highly recommend.

Typical City Run Campground

This is a City run state park. A very nice lake with a swimming beach, hiking trails, and recently added ATV course 😡 they screwed up a lot of pristine wilderness area to try and attract ATVs. There two camping areas. The one on the north east side of the lake is a bit more primitive but still has hook ups and a bathroom (seasonal) the main camp is open year round.

Absolutely zero amenities here.

Absolutely nothing here as far as amenities. It's only good if you want to catch some sleep or grab a bite at their little cafe area.

Noisy but great laundry!

We stayed one night over the Fourth of July. We walked in and they were very accommodating even though they were very busy. There is a large store with wood, ice, etc. The attached restrooms are clean and well maintained. The separate laundry room was great!! I think they had 6 or more washers which is great when you have several loads. And the building had ac which encouraged me to stay with my laundry!! Nice playground and very nice pool.

Cons: Very noisy from highway traffic for tent campers.
Bring bug spray because it was intense!!

Overall, the staff was super nice and it was a convenient stop. Would stay again if I was driving through.