Standard (Tent/RV)
Contact
Lake Thunderbird - Little Axe Campground is located in Oklahoma
6 Reviews of Lake Thunderbird - Little Axe Campground
Beautiful lake views

Overall, I really enjoyed camping here and will definitely will be back.

Best campground on Thunderbird

This campground rocks. It is camping made easy. The views are the best I have seen around the lake and this park area is much cleaner than others. The fire ring is awesome as it is waist-level and has a grill. Definitely worth the 21 bucks. The best tent campsites are 17-20

Beautiful site

This was a back in site right on the water. We looked at some other areas where you were so far from the water you wouldn’t even know you were at a lake. The site was level and had a nice picnic table out near the water.

This is the nicer campground of all thunderbird

I liked this one the best if all the Dirtybird campgrounds. best position on the lake. Less of a party crowd over here.

Beautiful views of the lake from almost every site

There is a designated swimming area in the campgrounds.  Beautiful, wooded park with large lake that has a section for watersports and fishing.  I wish we had stayed here for more than one night. Definitely a place to return for a visit.  It is a little remote, but there was cell phone reception. Perfect for biking/scooters/walking/swimming.

I will try to stay on the outer rim the next time we go, so that we can enjoy meals by the water.

Great campground close to town

Some sites are nice and spacious and others are crowded. Check the map before making online reservations. Easy access to the lake for swimming, kayaking, etc. Playground, day use pavilions and swim area on site. Bathrooms near the day use area require quarters to use. Bathrooms away from the day use area don’t require payment, but aren’t as nice. They are passable though. This campground stays full. I highly suggest making online reservations well in advance if you want to camp there.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift