Stillwater, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Stillwater Camping Reviews
King Snake Tent camping

King Snake on Arcadia Lake is my go-to site for a quick getaway.  If I have a free weekend and the weather is nice I pack my tent and head out.  The park is large and spread out.  A LOT of Rv's and boats in the main parts of the park but I prefer King Snake for the tent camping.  No rv's, limited traffic, and a short walk to a lightly-used bathroom.  The sites are large enough for 2 large tents.  Tables, hooks, and fire pits in each.  Close enough to the city to get anything you may have forgotten to pack. Also, the eastend of the lake is quiet and calm, away from the boats.

Nice

Clean Showers, nice trees, Close to Guthrie.

Nice Park

Nice and Clean

Very Nice Park

Had Fun

Great, quiet location!

Great, peaceful setting outside of Enid, Ok! This was a little off the beaten path, but if you’re looking for a peaceful, clean park…this is it!

Small campground with secluded sites

Visiting this campground so was expecting similarities between it and the Guthrie Lake campground as they are both maintained by the city do Guthrie. But I was pleasantly surprised as the road turned to packed rock and dirt and started to get more and more remote in appearance. I noticed equestrian crossings and trails and also signs marking arc access points before entering.

When arriving to the lake itself traffic splits off into one way lanes. You pass a house like structure which serves as a paystation for entry, though when I visited no one was there to accept my money and I didn’t see a self pay area.

The boat ramp and fishing pier is the first thing you see when entering the park with large parking and easy water access. There are a few picnic tables at this point to enjoy the day use space. Just beyond that a swimming “beach”. This was a little perplexing to me because there was less than a foot of red dirt sand then water which was marked as appropriate. The beach itself was tiny but it was nice to see they had created a space unique to swimming in the area for safety. No also noticed an abundance of naked signs about life jacket safety which I thought was great!

As you continue to drive away the more commercial day use area there are 7 campsites each with large parking areas, grills, fire rings, picnic tables and plenty of room to spread out in a tent or RV. These sites do not have hook ups but what they lack there they make up for in lake views. Each site had a clear view of he lake and water access only a short distance from your parking area.

Restrooms are only port a potty units and with recent winds some of these had been knocked over or damaged by tree limbs, so that is something to consider.

I really liked that this location by far seemed more established than the other city maintained option and also had more privacy overall.

Tips:

• Call ahead if you want to stay here on a weekend since there are limited sites and reserve in advance

• Check weather before traveling, it is very common for bad weather to roll through this area and with all of the trees you want to make sure you are safe.

Tents Only

In a pleasant change of pace for camping I pulled into this location to check out the options which exist in this region for camping in a tent. Wow was a pleased when I discovered that this location was designed for tents only!!

The pros were great water access, flush toilets, great parking and access to a self pay station. The cons, completely primitive and the roadway is pretty close to the camping area.

This location is maintained by the City of Guthrie. They have nice parking lot and boat ramp at this location in addition to a fishing pier. A lot of people choose to pull off into the zone deemed camping however for a more shaded coverage when fishing. With that being said there is still plenty of room to have you own little piece of comfort.

You are supposed to park and walk in the 100 yards to the campsites however I did notice that locals drive into this area. It is pretty open and the main concern is that you pay for day use or overnight uses.

There are some scattered picnic tables and trash cans however only one are which has bbq grills and this are is pretty removed from the designated camping zone.

I noticed when I was visiting a lot of traffic down the access road which wasn’t loud really but could be distracting if trying to relax. The traffic was mainly from the residential area which also surrounds the lake.

Overall I really liked this area for day use but am not completely sold on it as a camping area.

Great for Daycation

I haven’t stayed here overnight, but I’ve been here plenty during the day. I’ve come here for the beach, hammocks good and even photoshoots! It’s gorgeous when it’s lush and green. Definitely be aware of flash flooding- then again… it is Oklahoma…

It’s an awesome spot not too far outside of town!

Easily Accessed From Highway

On my way north of Oklahoma City I was in search of a gas station on a pretty baron strip of highway. I saw a few signs for a local community of Perry and thought I would check it out along the way. Just off the highway at exit 185 heading toward Highway 77 there was a small truck stop but more surprisingly located just beside as a part of the same property was roadside motel and RV stop.

I inquired within and was informed that they have nightly as well as weekly rates available and often are frequented by tourists passing through on the main highway.

There are only 16 pull through locations but they do allow overnight tent stay, although there is not a discounted rate for tents.

The property is limited on shade but does have basic amenities and proximity to quick feel before hitting the road again.

The restrooms are quite nice and offer showers and laundry services as well. They do allow pets and didn’t seem to have an additional charge for this. If you are looking for an easy access location this one is great for a quick pull off however if you are looking for more recreational style campgrounds look at Perry Lake which is only a short distance away.

Arcadia

We have taken our family to Arcadia many times to camp. While it’s close to the city, it feels far away. Lake activities and hiking are available.

A Bad Experience!

I reserved a water view RV site at Lake McMurtry and

their office gave my space away to another camper

We arrived late to the campgrounds (due to their faulty web site directions) and backed into the only space available a couple of sites down

I informed the store of their mistake and they sent over

a gal who told me they would “credit back my stay”

When I didn't see my credit almost two weeks later I called again to ask about it

They then informed me that all they would do now is credit my “next stay”

I won’t be staying at Lake McMurtry again so this is of NO value to me

Their staff is clearly unreliable and unprofessional and I do not recommend them to other campers

Big ole brown lake

This is a large paved parking lot overlooking a large lake. It is somewhat of a popular spot (three other people the night i stayed) and some activity throughout the night. There are two pit toilets you can use at your own risk.

Close to OKC

Pretty decent campground. You can swim in the lake of course. It’s also close to civilization which makes it a good first camping trip if you’re new to it.

Great urban hiking

The city of Edmond has gone out of their way to make a great place for the family to hike or ride your bike. Not far from the town, but it feel and smells like the forest. Birds are in abundance.

Clean RV park

We stayed here in March 2019. Pool was closed. Miniature Golf was cool but looked liked it needed to have a spring cleaning. Roads were nice and paved. Would defiantly stay here again.

Very Nice Park

This park has a little bit of everything. Nice sights roads and RV site are paved. Nice pool, mini golf course, store, laundry, bar and grill, and close to a lot of entertainment.

Just OK

Nice people and clean space but not much on the “park”. Pretty much just a field with tight spaces. Looks like most folks are full timers.

Very nice

Very nice camping spot. Easy to find, clean, spacious sites, lots of trees. We loved it.

Childhood memories

I grew up on this lake spending countless summers swimming off the beach at Appalachia bay. It’s got so many memories wrapped up in its muddy water and rickety play set. It was a wonderful place to spend my childhood, however it’s not my first or top 10 of locations I’d choose to camp, anymore.

A small loop of camping pads, some with hook ups.

A basic campground with little access to the water.

Nice and quiet.

We were here in early March. There was no water hook up but they did have 30 amp. Very quiet as we were the only ones there.

Update by OSU

I will complete this on my computer.

Very Nice

This is a very well maintained RV park. I think the pictures speak for them selves.

• 32 Spacious Hookups
  • Rental Cabin
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Safe Storm Shelter
  • Stocked Fishing Pond

Located just minutes from Lake McMurtry, Lake Carl Blackwell, Karsten Creek Golf Course, Oklahoma State University, and all the rest that Stillwater has to offer, Cedar Crest is situated on 40 acres in a natural setting and offers modern amenities. Despite our country setting, we are easily accessible by paved roads.

Basic

This is an RV park that someone built next to their house, inside Stillwater city limits. I believe it did have a bathroom area, in the green and tan building. I didn't feel right getting out at this one it was right next to the house. This park did have electric, water and sewer. The place is pretty basic, I feel it would be good for out of town workers to stay.

Beautiful sites on the lake

Flat sites with beautiful views. Hook up’s too!

Beautiful open comfortable and welcoming

Beautiful open comfortable and welcoming

Be Cautious Of Lake Waters Rising!!

I love a good lake side camping site, nothing better than being able to set up with a great view and the sound of the wakes rolling in with the breeze when in my tent. But what happens when your perfect setting becomes your worst nightmare?

On a recent trip to Oklahoma I got a good glimpse of just what that would be like as a slightly unexpected rain flooded this campground miserably. Driving through the RV loop waters were right up to some of the pull throughs, tables in some areas were underwater and this was the better of the camps. The tent sites were nearly all effected by the flooding because of their location and even the road was cut off and closed.

Now is this typical of the camp? No. But however this is a scary reality you must consider when choosing your site at this or any lake. I have many times experienced overnight rains unexpectedly, however usually choose a site slightly elevated from the waters, however at this camp many of the sites are level to the water and more susceptible to rising waters.

As a location as a whole, it was nice and facilities were very well maintained, but because of the issues with flooding I would not want to imagine the stress low laying campsites could hold.

Prices are reasonable, the staff was friendly and the lake was large (larger of course because of rains…lol) but all in all this has a lot of features which make for a great location.

TIPS:

• If reserving online, look carefully at the map for your site, choose something a little further back from the water, you will still have a great view but will avoid possible fear of unexpected rainfall.
  • Check out the sites just up from the camp on Route 66 including POPs (a multimillion dollar retro style cafe and gas station boasting over 700 different types of soda) and the Round Barn, a staple of the original Route 66.
Nice campground, clean and well maintained.

Campsite #35 is at the end of a row and well shaded. Get up early and watch the pelicans come in to the cove.

Playground, boat ramp, no beach or swim area.

Good fishing.

nice and quiet

This is a very clean camping area, one of the number one spots locals go to swim. the bathrooms could use and updating but for the price this place was great the camping areas were very well shaded it came with electric, water and a fire ring.

middle of the road

we stay here once a year for a family reunions.. we personally pull our camper down there each time there are some spots that are reservable through their website. that we have never had a problem just pulling in and getting a spot. they also offer cabins for families. our favorite part about this park is that they have the Pier 51 Marina and you can rent boats or jet skis also my children love to go down there and feed the fish off the dock it is a great time. they do also have a restaurant down at the marina that is decently priced. I forgot to take a picture of the swimming area but it is very Rocky and my children hate swimming there we don't do it very often because of all the rocks on their feet.