Lake Texoma, OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Lake Texoma Camping Reviews
Great little park

Good people, good rates, good park. Gravel sites. Good laundry and showers. North of Denton, convenient to UNT. Eat at Babes in Sanger.

Nice Tent Camping with amazing view

Was able to spend a night at Buzzards Roost campground while visiting Lake Murray State park.  Our tent site was at the point and provided us with great views of the marina, and Tucker Tower.  There is plenty of parking and the tent pads were nice and level with plenty of space for larger tents.  Each fire pit had it own grate that provides a cooking surface over the fire; however, must were damaged but still usable.  Bath house is a little older but the amenities were nice.  There are 4 showers that are available with great pressure and temps.  All but a few campsites were on the water so it makes it easy to put in a small water craft or even pull a larger boat up to your site.

Great place to camping

Great place to camp. Stayed during Thanksgiving, after Blue River was stocked with Trout, fishing was awesome. Great family camping and fishing. Highly recommended. We be returning.

Great fishing!

Great area for fishing, water sports and camping. We had fun on Lake Texoma and will be returning. This is a small, well kept campground and I recommend

Poor Customer Service - Refuse to Refund Fee

We had a reservation for two camp sites for Oct 25th and 26th. It stormed heavily on Friday, October 25th. Arguably, it was even a safety hazard to go. As such, we did not go and was still charged the camp site fees. When I spoke with the Texas Parks and Recreations central reservations, they could not help and advised me to contact Eisenshower and informed me the park has discretion to refund the fees. When I called and spoke with"Rhonda," she informed me that she could not refund the money despite the rain and told me the park's policy prevents her from doing so. I question whether such a policy exist since central reservations specifically said the parks have discretion. This is the poor customer service. I didn't know state funded parks were under such pressure to squeeze money out of people and make margins since it is tax funded by individuals like me. Amazing how poor customer service governmental entities provide. Governmental workers will be just that…government workers. Sad.

Nice area, nice visitors center

Nice area, nice visitors center.  We enjoyed our time here. Lots of exploring and fun on the water. We will be returning along with friends in the future.

Reasonably priced and very welcoming

Reasonably priced and very welcoming. Our family enjoying the space and enjoyed our stay. We will definitely be returning for a relaxing stay.

Pretty Area

Nice and pretty area. Operated under the US Army Corps of Engineers

Decent campground

Decent campground. Could use a few more primitive campsites. Enjoyable time with family. Would recommend for a weekend campout.

This place is amazing!

I can’t say enough great things about this place. So much for the whole family to do. Crystal clear swimming pool, large playground, zip line, treehouse, ninja warrior course, dog run area, volleyball, horseshoes, large are to relax on outdoor furniture and hammocks, and fishing ponds. The restrooms were clean and plenty of hot water. Loves that there was a laundry on site. The owners were so helpful. We had a broken plumbing part on our camper and the owners had the part in their shop and gave it to us. We will definitely be back and tell all our friends about this place.

Quiet, lake front camping

The park was quiet and very pretty. It would be nice if it connected to other areas of the park through hike/bike trails. We didn't like having to drive to get to other areas in the park.

The site (BR011) was hard to back into. The approach is narrow and there's a large boulder right in the turn path of the tow vehicle. It also leans slightly downhill so leveling pads were critical. The site itself sits right next to the lake on a small elevation but the view is mostly obstructed by trees. There's a short path leading down to the lake with a bit of bank area that was good for fishing.

Fine for short stay

Nothing spectacular but fine for a short stay.

Good place for day trip

Good place for day trip. Try to visit on weekday if possible, the weekend draws crowds which take away from the scenery and positive experience.

Convenient, friendly, clean

12 sites Elec n water at ea site, small turn around that could be used in overflow no hook ups, parking spots near pavillions could also be used, some have dump, others have raised holding tanks, plenty of garbage cans, 2 dumpsters, lower sites watch during rain for rising creek.  There is a dump in upper part of park, states permit required, not sure where to get, however there is a phone number on sign.  Local stated its free, unless they think u r abusing it then payment is needed, did not state what the fee was.  Upper park is play ground, splash pool, bathrooms and a shower stall, no doors on inside of stalls did not use those but they were clean.   Family Dollar which is part grocery store fair prices, 3 gas stations, subway, few restaurants, walking to shopping a friendly town, the wash board a clean friendly laundromat owner gave us lots of info on town and nearby towns. Home of Chickasaw  Indian w a welcome center lots of various info for all of state and activities also has genealogy museum,  war memorial, home of Blake  Shelton w club/cafe/bar that has live music for fee (the dog house) 4 nights a week.  Great stop over before crossing into TX.  NO fire pits, 2 picnic pavilions, some sites have concrete picnic tables, but plenty of tables in pavilions.

Nice Area limited Bathrooms

First weekend of October stayed an the Caney Creek campgound just outside of Kingston, OK.  the campground was very clean and nice however, they only had 1 of the 4 bathroom/showers unlocked. then on Sunday morning they lock the 4th Bathroom/shower (very disappointed).  when the Bathroom was open it was extremely clean and each had it's own private toilet, sink, and shower.  at the campsite, most campsites had a covered picnic table and a large fire pit nearby.  the rv pads were gravel at best but most were level.  overall it was a decent place and because of my style of camping i will be back.

Close sites

You can reserve online, but can’t change site at the office. We camped in February and there weren’t any other tent campers since it was off season. Great visitor center. Pretty lake drive.

Nice area to tent camp

Nice area to tent camp

Okay place to camp

Okay place to camp.

Nice place to stay in RV when on the road traveling

Nice place to stay in RV when on the road traveling. Near Choctaw Casino, plenty of entertainment for travelers.

I grew up in the area, my family really loves it here.

I grew up in the area, my family really loves it here. Nice and peaceful. We prefer the primitive area.

Great spot for us

My wife was having tests at Baylor Hospital. We were thankful this park was close by. We liked the place alot, we parked on one of the many concrete sites. We were able to use the pull thrus but still unhooked for our dr visits.  I think it's a great deal, reasonable and great host. Thanks for a nice stay.  We will return to McKinney and stay with you.

Well kept State Pak

Concrete back in sites with full hookup’s! Also fire rings, covered patio table’s. Great place for fishing kayaking and hiking!

Yes everything is bigger in Texas!

This park is very large! There is camping for everyone here! Great marina, fishing, hiking, kayaking and camp fires! All types of RV and tent sites! The swimming beach is the best, but you have to walk way down a hill to get to it!

Nice park

We got a Free membership to Thousand Trails when we purchased our RV! This is the 2nd one we stayed at in TX. Sites are wooded, that’s a good thing in Texas! The sites had full hookup, loved that! Not close to the lake , did not like that! Bathrooms were not clean and they could do some upkeep on the property! This is another camping location close to the Dallas area!

Great Sites right on the Lake

Visited this private resort on 9/14/19 for a quick night away from the city. They have a handful of full hookup RV sites and cabins. There is also a marina with a store and kayaks for rent. I’ll definitely return for the lakeside sites. Quiet place, well worth a visit!

Year round enjoyment

Year round enjoyment is part of the reason I like this place! Even though some of the campground is closed in the off season it still offers great camp sites. I've tent camped as well as RV. It is prone to flooding. It has flooded twice that I know of that caused the entire camp ground to be under water and closed for a lengthy time. They have been able to clean up and reopen with the same beauty it had before the flood. It is a Great place for the whole family!!!!

Peaceful

Quiet and open. Easy to get to but off the beaten path.

On the water.

The campground is on the water at lake Ray Roberts Marina.

Great Time at Buckhorn Campground - Chickasaw NRA

My son and I spent 2 nights tent camping at the Buckhorn Campground at Lake of the Arbuckles.  We camped at Site 064 Loop C and it was very convenient to the restroom and showers.  Also, the Camp Host was right next to us.  But, there were no safety concerns.   Boating on the lake was also nice.  We took a Jet Ski and did some wakeboarding and it was not very crowded. All the campers we talked to were very pleasant and friendly.  I would highly recommend this campground.

Easy access right off highway

When Traveling through Oklahoma along the major highway there are serval options for accommodation. However at some of these for larger rigs are a little bit harder to access. I have visited the Turner Falls area numerous times and often wondered how some of the larger rigs Faired on the long winding road up the mountain.

I found this park to be very easy to access for those who might have issues otherwise. Not to mention it has close proximity to Arbuckle wilderness which is a special added feature.

This site is primarily designed for RV campers however they do have an additional lodging area also run by the establishment where you can stay and lodges or cabins sprinkled throughout the area.

The RV setting runs along side a stream which makes for an ideal lake and beautiful green surrounding. Sites are relatively even and have enough space in between them or it does not feel claustrophobic. They do offer nightly weekly and monthly accommodation. The campground host here was very nice and allowed me to look at the campgrounds entirely mentioning that they do sometimes allow tent campers there as well. That is in a case by case scenario however.

The facilities themselves are clean there is a pavilion as well as a restroom with code entry. This is nice because it allows only those who are actually camping at the campground to utilize the services.

The roads are not paved they are hard packed and even on the rainy day that I’ve visited for photos I did not notice that my car got stuck in bumps or ruts.

Overall in my opinion this is a great spot if you’re wanting to set up and explore the area around you for a few days. If you have the ability to unhitch from your rig and drive around in a smaller vehicle this site is perfect. I also recommend checking out only 13 miles up the road the national recreation area which is great for additional fishing and water sports.